Good Deal???

PDA

snyper1d
January 17, 2009, 07:14 PM
Today I picked up a Browning A-Bolt in .243, with blued metal/wood stock. Rifle also came with Leupold bases and a Leupold 6.5-20x40mm (30mm tube) Long range, side focus scope. After looking at the rifle, it appears that it has not been shot much if at all, and the wood is in great shape for the exception of 2-3 small handling marks. I would rate the stock at 97-98%. Picked it up for $750 pre-tax.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Deal???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cal74
January 17, 2009, 07:37 PM
I'll give you 250.00 for the scope..

Think you did pretty good, probably alot more educated guesses but the rifles probably worth 500-625.00? More than likely towards the upper end of that price range? Could be off though

JWF III
January 17, 2009, 07:46 PM
I don't know about the value of Browning A-Bolts. (Just never been a fan of them.) But,...

I recently (in past 2 years) bought the Leupold scope you're referring to (mine was gloss black), it sells for close to $650. I think I paid $600-$620 for the scope alone. Rings and bases add another $60-70.

I'd say that you did pretty well on the deal.

Wyman

codybrown
January 17, 2009, 09:01 PM
If you're interested in selling the scope, I'm looking for one. I'd prefer the gloss black with varmint hunters recticle. PM me if you're interested in selling it. Could bring that cost of the gun down to a couple hundred bucks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Good Deal???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!