remington .22 cal targetmaster model 41

PDA

billyboygunowner
January 19, 2009, 09:48 AM
i own a model 41 targetmaster .22 cal boltaction singleshot rifle. my grandfather left to me when he passed away in 95 he told me it belonged to his father who passed away in late 40's or early to mid 50's i searched for a serial # could not find one all it says is patten pending can any disclose this reason for me?

If you enjoyed reading about "remington .22 cal targetmaster model 41" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MMCSRET
January 19, 2009, 09:57 AM
Serial #'s were not required until 1968 and many makers did not use them on some models until they were required.

msgttbar
January 19, 2009, 10:54 AM
I have owned a Targetmaster also. I put a 4x scope on it many years ago and have passed it on to my Son-in-law. It was passed from my Grandfather to Father to me and now to my Kids. A great shooter. I've never had a more accurate 22.

Buffalochip
February 3, 2009, 01:32 PM
You can find that serial number lightly stamped under the barrel just forward of the stock's forend. It may be hard to see, but you don't have to remove the barrel to see it. These guns were made from 1936-1939

If you enjoyed reading about "remington .22 cal targetmaster model 41" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!