200 gr. LFPGC in levergun -- report

PDA

lawboy
September 28, 2003, 02:09 PM
I had a chance to try out some 200 grain gas check bullets in my 94 trapper with 16-inch barrel. My original desire was to find an accurate load at about 1600 fps for hunting wild boar. I have done that and then some! With an appropriate load of Lil'Gun I am getting 1-inch 50-yard groups at 1775 fps! I am using .357 cases and loading to an overall length of 1.780. The rifle cycles and chambers the cartridges at this length without a hitch, but magazine capacity is down to 7 from 9. I can live with that. The bullets hit paper about 3 inches lower at 50 yards than my 158gr. plated FP load running at 1950 fps. I can live with that too. Just thought I'd share. Regards.

If you enjoyed reading about "200 gr. LFPGC in levergun -- report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave R
September 28, 2003, 06:06 PM
Congrats! That's what reloading is all about.

Now let us know hot it performs on boar!

If you enjoyed reading about "200 gr. LFPGC in levergun -- report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!