THR forum and sensoring

PDA

yooper_sjd
January 21, 2009, 07:40 PM
this place has gotten to the point, everybody is flaming everybody elses thread, or the mods are just locking or blowing away the threads. So I suppose this will be another one of them! :fire:

Right now, let the new president worry about the economy. I believe gun control will be one of the last things inline for him to worry about. Other than that jump onto the paranoia train, reload while supplies are still available, (I am) buy, buy buy before the black gun ban is enforced, stash them hi-cap mags. and bury your water bazooka,s before the frost hits, make them tinfoil hats, and stash the celphones cause uncle sam knows where your at! did i miss anything :D

Other than that, beat head on wall till head hurts, :banghead: and repeat again until sane.

I am not worrying about any legislation till it hit's the desk with a proposal number, then i start calling and emailing and writing my senator and congressman! And both of them are gun right supporters anyhow.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR forum and sensoring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Guns and more
January 21, 2009, 07:45 PM
Isn't the point of a forum to express one's ideas?
I'd rather think of it as passionate discourse and not flaming.
I'm never offended if others disagree with me, how boring if we all thought the same.
I like a lively debate.

...........and it's censoring. (sorry, I couldn't help myself)

TexasRifleman
January 21, 2009, 07:47 PM
Right now, let the new president worry about the economy. I believe gun control will be one of the last things inline for him to worry about.

Well, you are right, this will likely get off topic in a hurry but...

You are wrong that the economy is #1 on his list and the rest of the liberal agenda will just wait on the sidelines.

Case in point. Tomorrow President Obama will rescind the Bush Executive Order barring abortions outside the US being funded by taxpayer money.

Tell me how exactly that is focusing on the economy?
Your argument that he won't make time for other things does not hold up, at all. He's proving you wrong at this very moment.

So there is one liberal agenda item met on Day 2. You truly believe that firearms and other things will not come up?

Not debating abortion, just showing how the liberal agenda is being marched forward, despite the economy and other woes.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/01/21/obama-lift-ban-funding-groups-providing-abortions-overseas/

President Obama will issue an executive order on Thursday reversing the Bush administration policy that bans the use of federal dollars by non-govermental organizations that discuss or provide abortions outside of the United States.

So, there we are on Day 2 of the Obama Presidency and he's doing stuff so far removed and off track it will make your head spin.

No, no firearm stuff yet, but do you really think it's immune? I just don't believe they will ignore it for very long.

So yes, you are right, there's lots of bickering and tin foil, but people are genuinely worried, and it appears they have every reason to be.

2 things will happen. Either we won't see any gun legislation soon and everything will settle back down, or the stuff will start pouring out of the woodwork and we'll all have our hands full.

Right now is the time of uncertainty, be patient with people that are very worried. I think the mods have done a supremely good job of balancing all this, leaving some of these threads open as long as they do and letting people vent a little.

jcwit
January 21, 2009, 07:47 PM
Now that had a lot of intelligent planning.

What ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MT GUNNY
January 21, 2009, 07:50 PM
No. No. NOO. Im shure you are. No. Yes you did, Protect the Sheepel. No thanks Im aready Sane. I am, so Ill fight Now before it gets overwelming. Already Doing that Thanks. So are Mine:)

bikerdoc
January 21, 2009, 08:06 PM
I am her to talk about guns and knives, once in a while Im in S/T. I do not care talk about BHO, or politics on this board. I have other places for that.

As for action, both my Senators and rep know me by my first name and know how many votes I can influence.

You all should be building a similar power base to protect RKBA.

Mal H
January 21, 2009, 09:30 PM
I'm not sure why this is a Tech Support thread, but the title is troubling:
THR forum and sensoring
Do you think we have become so omniscient because we have installed sensors on our members machines? Cookies only - no sensors.

.38 Special
January 21, 2009, 09:36 PM
Spelling and punctuation are part of the evil liberal agenda. Resist with all your might!

evan price
January 21, 2009, 11:47 PM
When it comes to sensoring, I prefer non-contact capacitive or inductive proximity sensors instead of mechanical microswitches. Otherwise, the analog 4-20mA classes provide great feedback on linear inputs, such as temperature or pressure.

JShirley
January 21, 2009, 11:59 PM
So- a thread is started that mentions censorship, and promptly slides away into OT?

If you enjoyed reading about "THR forum and sensoring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!