A shoot in the desert with new friends from THR.

PDA

Damnathius
September 28, 2003, 07:13 PM
Today, my wife Mauserlady and I met two new friends from this board, Beetle Bailey and Bam-Bam 31 for an impromptu shoot in the local desert. We had a great, safe time and offed lots of ammo, while "tenderizing" aluminum cans and water filled jugs for recycling. A good variety of milsurps to choose from with 4 of our own Mausers (we don't keave home without them!) and a No.4 Enfield from Bam and a nice Mosin from BB, along with the usual variety of handguns.

A cool day. Good people, B B and B-B. :)

Dave

If you enjoyed reading about "A shoot in the desert with new friends from THR." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Standing Wolf
September 28, 2003, 11:24 PM
Gatherings like this make me so glad Liar Gore invented the internet!

50 Shooter
September 28, 2003, 11:27 PM
Oh great, you go shooting and I miss it! I didn't get home from work until this afternoon so I would have been late.

Hope you two can make the desert shoot next month, see Bowling Ball Mortar post. You might be in for a treat.

Where's ML been? Haven't seen her post lately.

rick314
September 28, 2003, 11:30 PM
Hope y`all can drop by our SECRET shoot on Nov 1st and 2nd
should be a hoot

50 Shooter
September 28, 2003, 11:34 PM
Rick,
One of these times we're gonna have to get our two groups together. I've met a couple of the guys in the Webshooters at Angeles, one of our guys picked up an M2 from one of the Webshooters.

rick314
September 28, 2003, 11:45 PM
It`s a small world till they lose your luggage

Damnathius
September 28, 2003, 11:46 PM
Ya know 50, we were actually talkin' about you today... Behind your back and all! :D Seriously, we were talking about your 50 with the new guys and what a riot it is to fire, and we did mention next month's shoot. "ML" is sittin' right here. :)

Shoot me an e-mail.

50 Shooter
September 28, 2003, 11:55 PM
Hope ML's scope eye healed well.;)

Those darn Windrunners have bitten more people, myself included. D'oh!

Beetle Bailey
September 29, 2003, 12:33 AM
For those of you who don't know the story, I posted a few weeks ago asking for advice about which Swedish Mauser I should try to get and Dave (Damnathius) replied with an offer to let me try his out! Naturally, I took him up on his generous offer but we weren't able to meet until this past weekend. Dave brought his wife (Mauserlady) and two others and I brought BamBam-31 and we all had a great time. I think it's cool that I've only been on this board for less than a month and already had a chance to meet some really great people.

BTW, I should be getting a 1941 Husqvarna M38 from the UPS guy next week and I only hope it's half as nice as the one I was able to fire today. ;)

Mauserlady
September 29, 2003, 10:29 AM
I'm right here Shawn, I have just been super super busy with work. As a matter of fact this was my first weekend off in a month and boy did I NEED to go shooting... As for my eye, it's fine. I have a battle scar but it's not that noticable, it's all good... As far as I can tell David and I will be at the shoot (he actually keeps reminding me about it which is a switch):D

Rick - drop me an email and let me know when and where as David also seemed up for meeting up with you guys.

Beetle Bailey- It was a pleasure meeting you and Bam Bam and trying to kill that stinkin last jug with y'all... It's always kinda wierd for me at first when I am shooting with new people but you guys are great and I can't wait for you to get "Sven" and hope you bring it out sometime. We'll set some jugs and have a "Mauser day"... Remember to drop me an email so I can add you guys.

El Tejon
September 29, 2003, 10:45 AM
It beats the office!

Glad to hear a good time was had by all.:)

BamBam-31
September 30, 2003, 04:38 AM
Good people, Damnathius and Mauserlady. Great rifles, too!

I was still recovering from work and back-to-back hockey games the day before, so I was still groggy when the Beetle crawled over to my place. Forgot a mag for my 10/22, too! Good thing Damnathius was gracious enough to lend me one of his.

The Lancaster shoot was a blast. Mauserlady is a scourge to watermelons near and far, and Damnathius is a veritable killer of cans (bad -can joke intentionally omitted ;) ).

Best quote of the day: "We'll meet up with you guys later. We're going to stop by the hardware store to pick up some ammo first." Wow. The closest thing to ammo our Home Despots sell is manure. Gotta love Kern County.

Long drive, but worth it. Beetle and me will probably be return customers.

:)

Kevlarman
September 30, 2003, 07:18 AM
Lancaster shoot!? Why was I not informed of this!? :(
I go back every other week to be with my family, and I'd love to swing by and but a couple caps. :P

Damnathius
September 30, 2003, 09:17 AM
Best quote of the day: "We'll meet up with you guys later. We're going to stop by the hardware store to pick up some ammo first." Wow. The closest thing to ammo our Home Despots sell is manure. Gotta love Kern County.

Well Bam, in addition to stocking ammo, you should see some of the "hardware" they stock!

Kevlarman, we'll be sure to post the next shoot date, and you're welcome to stop by. Well, maybe Mauserlady will post it since she is pretty much the shoot arranger. :)

Beetle, be sure to let us know when you get your new toy!

Mauserlady
September 30, 2003, 12:43 PM
Mauserlady is a scourge to watermelons near and far

:D I'm just a "Gunny" at heart...

Lancaster shoot!? Why was I not informed of this!?

Mauserlady will post it since she is pretty much the shoot arranger.

What he said... I didn't put this one together and it was kind of a last minute deal...

As best I can tell, looking at the calendar the next one will be a http://www.coneville.com/mauserlady/smilies/birthday.gif to me shoot on either the 8th or 9th of Nov.

Any and all are always welcome and if you drop me a PM (lefties email not working right now) with your email addy I will add you to my email notification list...

edited to delete teh date request from Rick on the secret shoot as he already had posted it... D'oh

Steve in PA
September 30, 2003, 05:46 PM
Lancaster, California........my wife is from there. I even lived out there for 6 months before we got married.....and I moved her back to a gun friendly state.....PA!!!!!

Mauserlady
September 30, 2003, 07:13 PM
Now that truly is a small world situation...

Don't imagine y'all moved to Lancaster, PA now did ya.. :D

scottsw1
September 30, 2003, 08:24 PM
Lancaster shoot!

I live on Edwards so drop me a line the next time you guys go out! Scott

Steve in PA
September 30, 2003, 08:30 PM
Naw.......Lancaster PA is in southern PA......I'm several hours north of there. I remember the first time one of the stealth bombers took off from Edwards......I was sleeping and woke up to the apt rumbling......thought for a second I was in the middle of an earthquake!!!

Mauserlady
October 1, 2003, 01:40 PM
Scott You got it...

Steve http://www.coneville.com/mauserlady/smilies/lool.gif Don't mean to laugh but it is funny... I grew up here so I guess I'm used to it but every now and again when the B-2 takes off it rattles the cinderblock building I work in (less than a 1/4 mile from Lockheed/Plant 42) and I have to stop and listen to make sure that's what it is...

Steve in PA
October 1, 2003, 04:58 PM
My wife now (girlfriend then) worked in a doctors office. She called and laughed at me too.......saying, naw it was just the Stealth taking off. When its an earthquake......you'll know it.

50 Shooter
October 1, 2003, 06:22 PM
ML,
Drop me a line before you go, you know my situation and if I can make it, I'll be there to wish you happy b-day.

How many bullets might we be putting on the cake? I know, never ask a woman how young she is. :neener:

Mauserlady
October 1, 2003, 06:41 PM
Steve - you're killing me here...http://www.coneville.com/mauserlady/smilies/lool.gif

Shooter You should know me well enough by now to know that I'm definitely not like most females... It will be a 40-gun salute to be sure... :D

Damnathius
October 1, 2003, 09:54 PM
It will be a 40-gun salute to be sure...

I have an idea! We'll get a cake, and have ten people fire 4 rounds each into it at about 10 yards! To heck with blowing candles out, we'll blow the whole cake out!

rick314
October 2, 2003, 10:03 AM
One Gatorade bottle filled with Tannerite`ll kick the party off fairly well

and has the added bene of distributing the cake to all

Mauserlady
October 2, 2003, 01:39 PM
http://www.persnickety.net/images/Faux%20Dining/Strawberry%20Cake.jpg

THIS definitely needs to be put out of it's misery....

simon
October 2, 2003, 02:34 PM
YIKES! What an ugly cake!

Ml, post on the next shoot here or Pm me too,I'd be glad to come shoot with ya too.
I usually go shoot out past mohave,pine tree canyon.

Mauserlady
October 2, 2003, 07:17 PM
You got it Simon...

We go just outside of Rosamond off Rattlesnake Rd...

50 Shooter
October 2, 2003, 07:19 PM
Bring it ML, that THING definately needs to be put down.

Hey, did you find it a local garage sell or is it real?

If you enjoyed reading about "A shoot in the desert with new friends from THR." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!