Convince me to buy an H&K P7-M8

PDA

RippinSVT
January 22, 2009, 12:16 AM
Hello boys, I need an honest opinion. How does the P7 M8 measure up against other smallish 9mm's? I have a chance to buy one new-in-box with 3 mags and all, for $900-1000 (we'll haggle, but $1000 tops). I love the gun, it's just a wierd little dude compared to my Beretta, Sig, Glock, etc. The gun has a almost a purple-ish bluing on the slide and fits like a glove in my hand, but $1000 is a good chunk of cash for a young guy to spend on a gun he's never shot. I have comtemplated selling out other guns to buy it, but I don't know that I want to get rid of any of my others just yet. Every time I walk into the gun store though, this gun calls to me, and I'm more of an "old gun" guy!

Just convince me. I know I should.

If you enjoyed reading about "Convince me to buy an H&K P7-M8" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Retro
January 22, 2009, 12:31 AM
Buy the P7. It is extremely accurate. No double action trigger pull for the 1st shot... The firing pin is completely down at rest, unlike Glock which is cocked 1/3 of the way at rest after chambering. An excellent carry gun with 9 mm capabilities. In my mind, the P7 is the best carry gun, and then Makarov is the second one for its reliability.

CPshooter
January 22, 2009, 01:23 AM
I, too, have been fighting myself over whether or not I should buy one. It seems to have ideal dimensions for a 9mm IWB carry gun.

However, I do need to be schooled on the history/background on this gun. I know there are several models (ie: P7M8,9,whatever). When were each of them manufactured, and are they still currently being manufactured for sale in the US? Basically, what's the difference between all of 'em and which is the best and most desirable?

Big Dave
January 22, 2009, 03:44 PM
If it's a P7M8 (magazine release not on the heel) buy it for $1000. It's a great gun, and if you don't like it, you can sell it at a profit.

Dravur
January 22, 2009, 04:24 PM
If you don't buy it......

I'LL BUY IT!!!

That is a great price! I love P7M8s and I carry one almost every day.

Here are a couple of mine. I carry the hard chromed one....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3131/2306061534_3e74e18099.jpg?v=0

rcmodel
January 22, 2009, 04:33 PM
One thing worth mentioning is, you won't find any holsters that fit it at Wal-Mart I betcha!

The P7 series is short in the slide, and heavy in the butt end.

Takes a very well designed holster specifically for them, or they tend to want to fall out on the ground!

rc

Dravur
January 22, 2009, 04:54 PM
we make an Avenger style holster for the P7 and I have one in stock. It looks like this one.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3026/3036155182_1d70ee34c5.jpg?v=0

Except for a P7. I carry mine in the same style holster, but made of black Sharkskin.

Ill get pics of my rig and the actual holster if you are interested.

hnk45acp
January 22, 2009, 05:10 PM
Great Gun buy it IF you like the way it feels. I wanted to love this gun and I had an offer to buy one for a great price but it just did not shoot well for me so I didn't get it. If you like the way it feels and shoots by all means GET IT!

Some info on the p series
P7M8 9mm 8 round cap.
PSP Euro version with heel mag release
P7M13 9mm 13 round cap. (big grip)
P7M10 .40 S&W 10 round cap. HUGE SLIDE!
P7M7 45acp only 6 ever made, rare like 45 Luger

clang
January 22, 2009, 05:48 PM
I'm no P7 expert, but doesn't purple slide = reblued?

I've been kicking around buying one of these guns for years. The NJ State Troopers carried them at one time. There were some last year on the market in the $600 range. The extra mags are nice, because they cost a good amount by themselves.

This is an all steel gun, so it's no lightweight. If this is the way you want to go, you might also want to look at the Kahr K9 or E9. The Kahr is not single action, but it is all steel with a consistent trigger pull (but not single action). Not as much cool factor as the H&K but I have an old E9 and it's a reliable and accurate gun that cost me all of $275 used.

gc70
January 22, 2009, 08:28 PM
Check this website (http://www.hkp7.com/) for a huge amount of information about different P7 models.

The price is right for a NIB P7M8 with 3 mags.

The "plum" coloring of the slide reflects the difficulty of getting consistent bluing results on extremely high-quality steel. (The hammer on my Sig 239, which has most assuredly not been reblued, has also turned a beautiful deep plum color.)

How does the P7 M8 measure up against other smallish 9mm's?

The design of the P7 is unique in that you get a gun with a full-size barrel (over 4") and full-size grip in a package with the overall size of a compact gun. The P7's fixed barrel eliminates the need for slide and frame space required by guns that use Browning-style tilting barrel locking. The design also results in a very low bore axis.

The overall length and height of a P7 compares favorably to such guns as the Sig 239, S&W M&P compact, and even the Walther PPS with a 7-round magazine. The P7 is also slender. The downside of the P7 is its weight - 30 ounces or more, depending on which model.

The squeeze-cocking mechanism of the P7 results in a very safe gun. Squeeze the grip and the gun is cocked, relax your hold on the grip a little and the gun is uncocked.

Finally, will you like a P7? The P7 IS different and it seems that nobody who has shot one is non-commital about it - most love it immediately, but a few have no use for it.

1911shooter
January 22, 2009, 09:23 PM
one of the best shooting most comfortable 9mm pistols ever built. also because of the low bore axis and the high grip you can achive with this pistol its recoil is very low. and you will find the squeeze cocker action a little weird at first then after you get more comfortable with this system you will be very happy you bought it. i have 3 of these and will never get rid of them.

seale
January 22, 2009, 09:48 PM
Instead of giving money to HK why don't you just write a check directly to Sarah Brady so she can buy snacks as she cheers HK's stupid lawsuit against GSG and American Tactical :barf:

xHypex
January 22, 2009, 10:15 PM
I made the investment and bought a P7 (generally incorrectly called the PSP) over the P7M8 simply because the price was half that of the P7M8 and the main difference in features is only a heat shield and the magazine release. I happen to like the European heel style magazine release, and the P7 has become my favorite handgun despite the fact that I bought it before I had ever shot it.

The P7 definitely has some heft to it, but it points very naturally for me. Additionally, I like the fact that it is very compact and also very slim. I was considering a Springfield EMP, but the P7 won out in the end.
-hype

Lone_Gunman
January 22, 2009, 10:21 PM
The P7 series is short in the slide, and heavy in the butt end.

Takes a very well designed holster specifically for them, or they tend to want to fall out on the ground!

I agree completely..

I do not think the P7 carries well in a belt holster suitable for concealed carry. It has a short slide and heavy grip.

I had a P7 for a while, but got rid of it. It is an interesting curiosity, and worth playing with for a while, so you might as well buy one, play with it, and ditch it when you get bored. They are easy to sell thanks to internet hype. Like everyone says, they are very accurate.

RippinSVT
January 22, 2009, 11:45 PM
Well then! I'm glad you guys came through for me. I think I may just buy it, pending I can selling a .357 snubby and maybe something else I don't use. I appreciate all the info fellas! I won't let ya down, I'm gonna love this gun, I just know it.

Ohio Gun Guy
January 22, 2009, 11:53 PM
I hear its cold and dark in the gun case, you should really rescue it.

Think of it as a humanitarian mission.

You can do it! We're all counting on you.

Boats
January 23, 2009, 12:13 AM
Howabout it's the only H&K in any form that measures up to the inflated reputation of the entire company?:D

If H&K hates us, and we suck, well so too does the rest of their line from the beginning save for the genius that is the P7M8 and P7M13.

Pilot
January 23, 2009, 06:33 AM
I do not think the P7 carries well in a belt holster suitable for concealed carry. It has a short slide and heavy grip.

Hmmm. I carry one of my P7's in an inexpensive Uncle Mike's thumb break belt holster designed for a small auto, OWB. With a good belt it works great.

Dravur
January 23, 2009, 08:41 AM

Weird, I carry one of these every day, in an open top holster. Ive never had it fall out, jump out, snatched out by an evil mastermind or even punched out.. I have caried one for years, no problem.

HoosierQ
January 23, 2009, 08:59 AM
No, that purple color is just their special "plum" bluing. Probably original. And yeah, you're gonna want that gun...3 mags...wow! While a bit odd, the plum bluing is sort of a trademark and makes one of the best-built, best designed (if not most popular), all-steel guns ever made even more distinctive.

I really want one but haven't seen one since they were selling them NIB 20 years ago for $1,200 when you could get a NIB S&W 59 for $350.

Lone_Gunman
January 23, 2009, 11:15 AM
Weird, I carry one of these every day, in an open top holster. Ive never had it fall out, jump out, snatched out by an evil mastermind or even punched out.. I have caried one for years, no problem.

That's great but it doesn't work for everyone. I am not the only person with this complaint. <Sillies excised>

Dravur
January 23, 2009, 11:25 AM
Sigh.... But complaining that the gun does not holster well for you is somehow different than me saying that it does? And other believe this? what others? do we have names?

No gun works well for every single person out there. I was relating that in my personal opinion, the gun does everything I want it to do. You, were giving your opinion. So, the OP will have to go with who he finds more credible.

hmmmmmm, I'm gonna go with Holsters well, for $200, Alex

Lone_Gunman
January 23, 2009, 12:23 PM
Call the people at Milt Sparks holsters and ask them about holsters for the P7. They will tell you the P7 is more difficult than most guns to get a holster that works well. I have had that conversation with them. But what could they know?

CWL
January 23, 2009, 02:42 PM
The reason why P7-series pistols are hard to fit into holsters is because their center-of-mass is behind the trigger. Most of the weight is behind the trigger and there is so little "barrel" that traditional holsters don't have much to 'grip' onto.

There are several well-respected holstermakers that have designed holsters to specifically deal with this. Milt Sparks always comes to mind with his Versa-Max II model. There are many others, but I've never needed to investigate further after getting a VM-II.

Back to the OP, purple tint is usually an indicator of a refurbished P7M8 gun. Be wary of any NIB claims. The fact that it comes with 3-mags also tells me that it probably isn't NIB.

waterhouse
January 23, 2009, 02:56 PM
I'll only say this: if you have an opportunity to try before you buy, please do so. The P7 is not for everyone. Some people really don't like them.

Either way you'll probably be able to get your money back out of it, so it isn't a bad buy no matter what.

If you want to save a few hundred dollars you can probably find a PSP for cheaper, same basic operating system, except for the heel mag release and a few minor differences.

Just out of curiosity what holster were you using?

MIgunguy
January 23, 2009, 03:02 PM
Howabout it's the only H&K in any form that measures up to the inflated reputation of the entire company?

If H&K hates us, and we suck, well so too does the rest of their line from the beginning save for the genius that is the P7M8 and P7M13.

Well said.

Pilot
January 23, 2009, 03:19 PM
Call the people at Milt Sparks holsters and ask them about holsters for the P7. They will tell you the P7 is more difficult than most guns to get a holster that works well. I have had that conversation with them. But what could they know?

Yes, Call Milt Sparks. Their Versa Max II is one of the most popular IWB holsters for the P7 series. They sell many of them for the P7 and are ideal for the job. If it was so difficult to accomodate, they wouldn't do it. :rolleyes:

JB Books
January 23, 2009, 04:43 PM
I personally like the K3 in .380 acp best. It is a little smaller than the M8. In recent years the price on this particular model has skyrocketed. Good for me:D

Lone_Gunman
January 23, 2009, 05:40 PM
The Versa Max II is designed with the P7 in mind. It was designed to carry the P7 for exactly the reasons I mentioned. If the P7 did not have this problem, the VMII would not exist.

I dont have an axe to grind. The P7 is an excellent weapon. It just isn't as easy to find a good holster that allows you to carry it concealed well because of its ergonomics. It was designed to be carried open. Can you find a decent holster for it? Yes, but its not as easy as finding a good holster for other guns.

IMTHDUKE
January 23, 2009, 06:03 PM
I've sold 3 of the P7s....love them...but sometime you need a different gun. I am keeping this P7M8.
http://photos.gafana.com/photos/1066252630996503755743.share.jpg

Dravur
January 23, 2009, 06:15 PM
Good holsters are available for the gun. We make them, others make them. Try and find a holster for any rare gun and see what you find. Every Gun has its holsters. So does this one. Its not being in a cult, just being accurate.

plus, if the WORST thing you can say about the gun is lack of holsters.....

CWL
January 23, 2009, 06:37 PM
No, that purple color is just their special "plum" bluing. Probably original. And yeah, you're gonna want that gun...3 mags...wow! While a bit odd, the plum bluing is sort of a trademark and makes one of the best-built, best designed (if not most popular), all-steel guns ever made even more distinctive.

I really want one but haven't seen one since they were selling them NIB 20 years ago for $1,200 when you could get a NIB S&W 59 for $350.

Hmm, I guess the ones I've owned over the years must be fakes. Being that you've never owned one and have only seen one in 20-years and I only have 3 right now (P7/PSP, P7M8, P7M13), but what do I know. And I thought that the plum color is a tell-tale result when re-bluing a very hardened steel like what is used on P7-family of guns.

Lone_Gunman
January 23, 2009, 06:56 PM
Naw, we just don't like to hear inaccurate statements

Just because the statement does not apply to you does not mean it is inaccurate. I am not the only person who feels the way I do.

usp9
January 23, 2009, 08:01 PM
The P7 just isn't that odd. It sits very securely in my holster. Whatever bad holster experience you had, it really isn't pertinent to today's available choices.

DBR
January 23, 2009, 11:09 PM
I've owned several of them and I finally gave up on them because I kept hitting the mag release when I "locked" my thumb down. Just the way I grip a pistol I guess.

They also get pretty hot when range shooting.

Price is good for what is offered. All of mine had purple slides and they were all NIB. Most of the used ones are not reblued they just are purple from the start.

CPshooter
January 24, 2009, 05:07 AM
IMTHDUKE -

Is that really "black" chrome? It doesn't look very black to me..looks more like a regular polished chrome finish. So what's the difference between black chrome and regular chrome?

Pilot
January 24, 2009, 08:39 AM
No gun is perfect. The P7 has its pros and cons just like the others. People are passionate about it because it has vastly more pros than cons, it works and is a proven pistol that is different in some very good ways.

Pilot
January 24, 2009, 08:57 AM
Ha. OK here are the P7 cons:

It gets hot after 50 rounds or so of continous firing.
Only has a 8 + 1 capacity.
Heavy
Mags are expensive, $50 ea., or more.
Can't shoot lead through it.
Expensive, except for the current crop of PSP's.
Specialized manual of arms.

Any others? Put down the Koolaid and step away from the gas tube scraper. :)

Throwingdown
January 24, 2009, 10:31 AM
Personally, I would buy two PSP's vs. one P7M8.
A friend was looking at the P7's, and after he shot my PSP, he decided to buy the PSP.
The heat shield may give you an extra 5-10 rounds before it gets just as hot.
The thumb release on the P7 in no quicker than the base release on the PSP because you need to use your other hand to remove the magazine on either as they do not drop free (on the P7 I had anyways).
Both hold the same capacity rounds.
I think the bigger trigger opening on the P7 is ugly.
Both are very accurate.
I love my PSP's - either are great, for the money you can't beat a PSP!

PX15
January 24, 2009, 10:41 AM
JMOfartO:

Just stumbled on this thread, and the posts by "Lone Gunman" really caught my attention..

I don't care if someone likes the HK P7 or not (I do), but give us a break.:barf:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_8838-1.jpg

Art Eatman
January 24, 2009, 11:09 AM
I just really don't like snark and sarcasm with my morning coffee. High Road good; Low Road bad.

jocko
January 24, 2009, 11:15 AM
I sometimes wonder if other guns heated up like that if we would be giving them such rave reviews???

HGUNHNTR
January 24, 2009, 11:16 AM
I think you should buy one, as matter fact I think I should too!

waterhouse
January 24, 2009, 12:09 PM
The thumb release on the P7 in no quicker than the base release on the PSP because you need to use your other hand to remove the magazine on either as they do not drop free (on the P7 I had anyways).

All 3 of the p7M8s I've owned (I'm down to 1 now, but I have over 20 PSPs) have rocketed magazines out of the mag well. The old joke was that when you ran out of ammo you could aim the magazine at the bad guy and hit the mag release.

If I carried a spare magazine, I'd probably prefer the P7M8, but since I don't I choose to carry a PSP. I've actually gotten pretty good at getting a new mag into the PSP, but I still don't think it's as fast as the M8.

I sometimes wonder if other guns heated up like that if we would be giving them such rave reviews?

I think it depends on what the intended use of the gun is. The P7 is not the gun I would choose to do 300 rounds non stop rapid fire, and it isn't a gun I would enter in a 1,500 round "no cleaning endurance test" either. Since neither of these applies to concealed carry they don't really bother me at all, since that is my main purpose for owning the gun.

Ha. OK here are the P7 cons:

Heavy
Expensive, except for the current crops of PSP's.

Any others?

*They need to be cleaned more often than many other guns.
*While field stripping is a breeze, P7s, unlike some guns (Glocks and 1911s come to mind) are difficult to completely take apart and put back together. I'm not sure you'd ever need to, but it could be seen as a drawback.

applevalleyjoe
August 4, 2009, 03:46 PM
If you have to be convinced, then you don't need it. Thats a very good price and much less than what I paid for mine.

applevalleyjoe
August 4, 2009, 03:53 PM
Dravur, PM Sent.

PX15
August 4, 2009, 06:21 PM
Boats:

Respectfully, I beg to differ... :)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_1164.jpg

Best Wishes,

Jesse

LancerMW
August 4, 2009, 06:44 PM
its the only H and K i would own

atomd
August 4, 2009, 07:32 PM
A shop near me has 2 of them in stock. They are priced at $1100 and are in excellent shape. I've thought about buying one a few times. They really are a neat pistol and I like them well enough.....to me they just aren't an $1100 gun. Something about them keeps me interested though. They certainly are unique. If you are enamored with them....then it's probably worth it to you. If you have to ask us, it's probably not. There's a lot of competition out there when you've got $1000 burning a hole in your pocket.

oneounceload
August 4, 2009, 07:39 PM
Don't listen to the few naysayers - obviously they don't appreciate fine engineering and quality craftsmanship.

Heavy
Expensive, except for the current crops of PSP's.

Show me ANY handgun that doesn't get hot after 50 rounds of continuous fire. Of course a normal person has no need to do that in the first place.
8+1 is more than a typical 1911 or any other typical SINGLE STACK pistol
Heavy - absorbs recoil well...NOT for pocket carry - in a holster does just fine
M8 mags were about $33 at Midway last time I looked - my PSP mages are expensive, but I have 4 of them
Can't shoot lead - polygonal barrel - you SHOULDN'T, but then ask all the Glock folks who do; personally, I do not, but I DO shoot plated
expensive? compared to??? maybe a keltec, but right in line with Kimbers, SA's, Sigs, etc.
Manual of arms? squeeze grip, pull trigger - how hard is that?

This is one a few guns that you can buy right now and immediately sell it after a few months for more than you paid.....(Seecamp 380 and Rohrbaugh also come to mind)

10-Ring
August 5, 2009, 01:22 AM
I was taught a long time ago -- if it has to be explained, you'll never get it. When I first saw the P7M8, I knew I had to have one -- it does have its quirks, but it's still the most unique firearm I own :cool:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r208/10-Ring/P1040068.jpg

--maybe the bad photography will convince you to get one! ;)

DougDubya
August 5, 2009, 01:55 AM
You say you're an "old gun" kind of dude.

The P7M8 has been around in one form or another since 1976. By that math, it is a seasoned 33 years old. No, it's not a too scrawny 20-something model, but it's a mature, lovable woman with curves and experience to make her far more interesting than the young bubble-head.

The M8 has a trigger guard heat shield to protect your finger too.

slowrey
August 6, 2009, 10:04 PM
I absolutely love mine and have always been a Sig fan. I've actually been considering trading my P229 Elite SN for another P7M8.

Landpimp
August 7, 2009, 11:42 AM
I am a huge P7 fan, just love them, I carry one in a Alessi shoulder rig

like them enough I have

2x M8's(consecutive #, bought new in 04) one is my carry gun(other unfired)
2x M13
2x P7
1x M8 Jube
1x Chantilly M8, just got it for $900 OTD, maybe fired 50rds

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1600/691553/19758672/370941761.jpg

Landpimp
August 7, 2009, 11:53 AM
anyone who have ever shot one of mine went and bought one.

was the same with me, 1st time I fired one.....I bought 2 the next day

Dobe
August 7, 2009, 01:13 PM
The P7M8 is a wonderful handgun. It is easliy concealed, rides well in an appropriate holster. I have a Del Fatti.

The P7M8 is one of those firearms, that if you don't buy it, you'll always have that itch. That itch won't go away either.

Lone_Gunman
August 7, 2009, 02:34 PM
The P7M8 is one of those firearms, that if you don't buy it, you'll always have that itch. That itch won't go away either.

Yea the itch goes away. I owned one for a while, and it was reliable and accurate. But then I got tired of the quirky manual of arms, and realized that my Glock 19 was just as reliable, easier to carry, nearly as accurate, and had twice the magazine capacity.

I dumped the P7, and have not regretted it.

Dobe
August 7, 2009, 03:07 PM
I dont have an axe to grind. Out of four posting on just this one thread, are you sure? Seems like you are trying to make a point.

Lone_Gunman
August 7, 2009, 03:14 PM
Why do P7 owners take any criticism of the P7 so emotionally? Pointing out the shortcomings of the P7 is not a personal insult. It isnt like he called your mama a slut or your wife ugly. Its just a gun.

benderx4
August 7, 2009, 03:34 PM
Why do P7 owners take any criticism of the P7 so emotionally?

If we do, it's because we are passionate about our guns. This particular weapon (P7) has an entire website and forum site devoted to it. I won't go as far as calling P7 owners a cult, but I will say that we are very devoted, knowledgeable, and yes, dare I say it, affectionate about our guns. I LOVE all seven of my P7s.

I applaud the fact that many savvy gun owners have purchased P7s along the way to see what all the hoopla was about. (As I did with the Colt Python) The P7, and its variants, definitely have their quirks and are not for everyone. Yes, the manual of arms is a bit different (viva la difference), yes it tends to get hot, yes the mags are expensive and yes, it is not as sexy as a Walther PPK. But, at least to us, all the positives about this German engineered gun far out weigh those "quirks". (To me the manual of arms is a positive.)

If you've lived with the gun, and didn't like it, or the mystique did not bite you, then thanks for putting another P7 into the pool of "P7s for sale". As it isn't being made anymore, this pool shrinks every day. We will happily take it off your hands with a heartfelt thanks for giving our little baby a good home while you gave it a shot. I think we can all give thanks that we live in a great country that provides us with such a huge and diverse choice of handguns from which we all can choose.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2672/3705331320_27c8d9a703.jpg

Dobe
August 7, 2009, 03:36 PM
Why do P7 owners take any criticism of the P7 so emotionally? Pointing out the shortcomings of the P7 is not a personal insult. It isnt like he called your mama a slut or your wife ugly. Its just a gun.
A criticism is easy to take. Continual criticism generally means agenda. So, you didn't like it. Move on. The OP ask a question. You gave your opinion, then again, then again. See what I mean?

DougDubya
August 7, 2009, 04:18 PM
You haven't seen this among 1911/Glock/whatever owners too?

Lone_Gunman
August 7, 2009, 04:20 PM
If P7 lovers can give their opinion more than once, then so can P7 dislikers.

Otherwise, there won't be anything to discuss in threads like this.

You haven't seen this among 1911/Glock/whatever owners too?

Yes, it happens with other guns too, but P7 lovers seem to be a particulary passionate group. They handle criticism much worse than other gun owners.

Landpimp
August 7, 2009, 06:10 PM
I think Benderx4 hit the nail on the head, well put.

slowrey
August 10, 2009, 03:18 AM
Anyone have a mint one for sale :) I have a mint Sig P229 Elite Stainless for trade!

Mp7
August 10, 2009, 03:38 AM
from all handguns i see here itīs definitely the one iīd be
most likely to carry ( if i lived in the states)

Itīs not what i be carrying for "combat"
but for EDC this just seems soooo right! :-)

slowrey
August 10, 2009, 02:08 PM
anyone know of a dealer that has one NIB in box?

Dr_2_B
August 10, 2009, 10:24 PM
I like mine. But as far as convincing you, I can't. It's a great pistol but I have some others that are great as well. I will say this... it's very thin. It actually fits in the same holster that carries my Kel-tec pf9. You may doubt that until you try it.

rsilvers
February 2, 2013, 01:18 PM
If I could shoot a Glock 19 anywhere near as accurately as a P7, I would carry the G19. I struggle with the P7 being heavier and holding 8+1 rounds - yeah, those are limitations. But my groups are less than 1/2 the size of any Glock, and it is much safer - considering that no kid would ever be able to shoot it.

C0untZer0
February 2, 2013, 02:45 PM
Solves the crappy striker fired, DOA, DA/SA trigger problems without having to carrry a cocked firearm, the most natural safety/cocking mechanism ever invented, great trigger, hardly any recoil... a masterpiece of German engineering.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=173225&stc=1&d=1349831569

HKGuns
February 2, 2013, 03:02 PM
*Walking Dead Thread Warning*

C0untZer0
February 2, 2013, 03:42 PM
it's a historic and classic thread man...

Pilot
February 2, 2013, 04:54 PM
Just looked at my comment from almost four years ago (2009), and I still carry my P7 PSP in a cheap holster, and it works great. My P7M8 (Sterling import) is LNIB, and just a range gun at this point. They are just fantastic shooting pistols, in a pretty compact package. Yes there are lighter, higher capacity polymer pistols, and they're fine for some, out the P7 is just very easy to shoot, very accurately and well. Its accuracy and reliability give a lot of confidence. What others have said about the low bore axis and gas system giving low felt recoil is also true.

9mmepiphany
February 2, 2013, 05:03 PM
This thread is 4 years old

The OP was a request for opinions on purchase. I'm sure that he has made his decision a long time ago.

IF you want to talk about your experience with the P7, please start a new thread

If you enjoyed reading about "Convince me to buy an H&K P7-M8" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!