Way to go "THE PRACTICE"

PDA

Black92LX
September 28, 2003, 10:58 PM
i sure hope someone else got to see that ending it was great. the jist of the story is a woman killed a drug dealer that had killed her daughter in a drive by. (granted this isn't really justifiable since it was after the fact). but her closing speech to the media was excelent. not word for word, but she stated that the 2nd amendment is there and the people need to embrace it to make their communities a safer place.

and i would agree whole heartedly

If you enjoyed reading about "Way to go "THE PRACTICE"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Justin
September 28, 2003, 11:19 PM
D'oh, you gave away the ending 40 minutes ahead of time! Looking forward to it.

garrettwc
September 28, 2003, 11:20 PM
I saw the ending and the speech, but I am not as excited about it as you are.

The speech made good points about the right to self defense, the fact that budget cuts by governments mean that protecting us is a low priority, things we already knew.

The last portion of the speech troubled me though. "Rise up, rise up and take back our streets" and the comments that followed basically equated us to vigilantes. She stated that the verdict sent a message that we could go kill bad guys at will.

The producers of "The Practice", and its sister shows "Boston Public", etal are prone to anti gun symbolism in the shows that I have seen from them.

Don't be too quick to cheer them until you have time to digest what was said.

semf
September 29, 2003, 01:03 AM
The one I saw tonite revlved somewhat around a product liability issue that made a man shoot another because his hands were trmbling.

They have delt with gun control issues in the past without committing themselves to one side or the other. Probably just a good business decision more than a moral one

El Tejon
September 29, 2003, 09:00 AM
The Second Amendment isn't about self-defence.

Mark Tyson
September 29, 2003, 09:15 AM
The Second Amendment isn't about self-defence.

I know what you're saying, but I would put it this way: "The Second Amendment is about more than personal self-defense."

Baba Louie
September 29, 2003, 10:09 AM
The Second Amendment isn't about self-defence

It's about government non-infringement regarding our "unalienable" ability as a "Free State" to defend that state of freedom, neh?

It sure ain't about Wabbit Hunting.

TV, like the movies, seldom gets it, right. Even when they get close, an intelligent mind might ask of itself, "Why am I watching this (entertainment or educational) and why do so many take it as gospel, when its all about making money?"

But then, "The Media IS the Message"
Thanks Marshall

Aios

El Tejon
September 29, 2003, 10:16 AM
Baba, yes. Fighting oppressors, foreign or domestic, is not wabbit hunting.

gun-fucious
September 29, 2003, 10:18 AM
i watched the episode

someone certainly orchestrated programming to get that RANT broadcast

cordex
September 29, 2003, 10:22 AM
Baba, yes. Fighting oppressors, foreign or domestic, is not wabbit hunting.
Unless the godless, communist, wabbit hordes are the ones oppressing.

DeputyVaughn
September 29, 2003, 11:07 AM
I saw the episode. I got the feeling that the message intended was not the rant but the body language of the other cast members while the defendant was speaking. They all looked horrified as she spoke.

Scott

Bartholomew Roberts
September 29, 2003, 11:49 AM
Don't think that was a positive portrayal. They basically said the Second Amendment = vigilante justice in that little speech and did nothing to rebut the idea throughout the show.

If you are uninformed on the debate, and most people are, you might get the idea that the Second Amendment allows you to run around shooting people as judge, jury and executioner.

The episode did nothing to inform on the Second and a lot to muddy and confuse the issue IMO.

If you enjoyed reading about "Way to go "THE PRACTICE"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!