Gunshow risks.................................

PDA

2dogs
September 29, 2003, 07:50 AM
http://www.greatfallstribune.com/news/stories/20030928/localnews/348958.html

'Extended family' at gun show watches as two exchange vows
Wedded bliss a sure shot
By SONJA LEE
Tribune Staff Writer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guests joked about throwing gunpowder rather than rice, and the cake was frosted with the words "This marriage was made at a gun show."

When Herb Dawson and JoAnna Webber marched down the aisle Saturday evening it was amid friends and family at the Great Falls Gun and Antique Show in the Four Seasons Arena.

Wedding festivities took place in the arena's entryway. Inside, more than 200 vendors have filled 505 tables with guns, knives, bullets, antiques and various other items for the three-day show.

Dawson's weapon of choice seven years ago was simply salesmanship. He met Webber at a gun show in Butte when he sold his future bride a holster.

"I told her I would sell it cheaper if she went out with me," said Dawson, who is a historical architect for Yellowstone National Park.

Webber remembers the meeting a tad differently.

"He said the price depended on who I was going home with," she said.

Webber later agreed to a first date. The couple rode a Harley to a rock show and then went to a gun show in Townsend where Dawson purchased a revolver.

"It's really quite a romantic story," said Dawson, 51.

Since meeting, the pair has traveled to gun shows throughout Montana. Webber sells jewelry while Dawson sells weapons.

They think they make a pretty good match. Dawson tells his shoppers they can buy a gun and apologize to their spouses later. A handsome piece of jewelry is a pretty good start on the apology end of the deal.

Mark Wicks, of Wicks Trading Post in Joplin, has known the couple for several years. Saturday was his first gun show wedding.

"It's almost like we are all an extended family," Wicks said. "We see a lot of these folks every other weekend at shows. It's like we are neighbors."

A few weeks ago the couple decided the Great Falls Gun Show would be the best site for their pending nuptials. The suggestion came from friends the couple had dinner with following the Billings gun show.

"How many people get married at a gun show?" Webber said.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunshow risks................................." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BryanP
September 29, 2003, 08:35 AM
Gee, ya think they were registered at the surrounding tables? :)

Trebor
September 29, 2003, 09:06 AM
I know a couple who were married at the gun range. They had problems finding a minister until they found one who goes to Knob Creek.

FPrice
September 29, 2003, 09:26 AM
"I know a couple who were married at the gun range. They had problems finding a minister until they found one who goes to Knob Creek."

The Holy Church of the High Cyclic Rate?

ceetee
September 29, 2003, 10:23 AM
Dang! All I got was this silly rifle...

OEF_VET
September 29, 2003, 11:45 AM
We all worry about coming back from the gun show and having to explain to the wife that we brought back a new gun.

Imagine having to explain to your guns you brought back a new wife.

Frank

jsalcedo
September 29, 2003, 01:06 PM
Well at least he didn't marry the candle lady :neener:

Benjamin
September 29, 2003, 02:49 PM
I know a couple who were married at the gun range. They had problems finding a minister until they found one who goes to Knob Creek."

What about the Ministry of Torque and Recoil?

BryanP
September 29, 2003, 03:27 PM
What about the Ministry of Torque and Recoil?

The First Church Of The .45 has always served me well.

Standing Wolf
September 29, 2003, 06:17 PM
I hope the recoil proves manageable.

Henry Bowman
September 29, 2003, 06:24 PM
10 reply posts and not one mention of a "shotgun wedding"?!!

bogie
September 29, 2003, 06:36 PM
Hey, I've been to some BAD wedding receptions... But this one would likely take home the prize - just imagine...

Nothing to eat but lukewarm hotdogs in stale buns and lots and lots of BEEF JERKY!

C.R.Sam
September 30, 2003, 01:06 PM
Two book wedding ?
Ruth
Keith

Sam

Carlos Cabeza
September 30, 2003, 03:13 PM
I heard they were registered at TARGET..........:D anyway I wish them the best of luck !

Preacherman
September 30, 2003, 10:34 PM
Hmmm... anyone wants to get married at a shooting range, you know who to call! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Gunshow risks................................." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!