Santa Barbara 9mm

PDA

762x51
September 29, 2003, 12:26 PM
Anyone try this stuff yet? AIM Surplus is selling it....250 round battlepack for $25.

NATO spec 115gr FMJ
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/A9mmSFMJ.gif

If you enjoyed reading about "Santa Barbara 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zer000
September 29, 2003, 02:57 PM
Since I live in Santa Barbara (CA), I might pick some up just for the cool factor, but I probably wouldn't shoot much of it, I don't like to abuse my guns with NATO spec ammo.

DMK
September 29, 2003, 03:52 PM
Never used it, but it's my understanding that it's equivilant to +P 9mm. It's FMJ of course.

I thought about it, but like Zer000, I figured why abuse my guns with a regular diet of hot range ammo when I can buy Winchester, CCI or S&B range fodder for just as cheap if not cheaper.

BluesBear
September 30, 2003, 05:45 AM
The advantage to this ammo would be that the primer and case mouth will be sealed. It should store and remain fireable almost forever. Personally I keep a generous supply of similar ammo tucked away just in case SHTF day ever comes.

762x51
September 30, 2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the opinions.

But no one has tried any huh? Oh well....maybe I'll be the guinea pig. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Santa Barbara 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!