M95 Steyr Mannlicher Scope Mount

PDA

Paul-378
January 26, 2009, 07:55 PM
This might be a great hunting rifle if I can get a scope on it. Is there any clamp-ons? I don't want to drill or tap on a mount. I did some research and couldn't find much

If you enjoyed reading about "M95 Steyr Mannlicher Scope Mount" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
January 27, 2009, 11:29 AM
I don't know of any commercial scope mounts for that rifle.
Conventional mounts will not work due to the split rear receiver bridge.

Years ago Griffin & Howe & perhaps Bausch & Lomb made side mounts for the Mannlicher-Schoenauer that probably could have been modified to fit. But they were very expensive even then, and more so today, if you can even find one.
And they didn't clamp on by any means.

Your only option today is probably to sleeve the barrel and drill & tap that for a Weaver rail so you could mount a "Scout" type scope forward of the receiver.

rc

Paul-378
January 28, 2009, 07:56 PM
ok thanks. So these mounts aren't for the m95?

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/BrowseProducts.aspx?pageNum=1&tabId=10&categoryId=11743&categoryString=657***8705***

rcmodel
January 29, 2009, 11:04 AM
I don't see how you can use a top mounted two-piece base on a Steyr split-bridge action. The bolt handle has to be able to open and slide through the rear ring.

Maybe Midway knows something I don't!

Added: O.K. so a M95 doesn't have a split-bridge action like the later M/S rifles. I see the M95 is a straight-pull action.

In that case some combination of two-piece mounts could be fitted to it by drilling & tapping the receiver. Not sure if the ones from Midway would be the right ones though.

rc

Paul-378
January 29, 2009, 07:45 PM
Ok thanks, I'll check with my gunsmith about it

If you enjoyed reading about "M95 Steyr Mannlicher Scope Mount" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!