Blackhawk holster question.

PDA

pugmug
January 27, 2009, 01:12 PM
First,hello as I am new here.I have been reading reviews on Blackhawk holsters which lead me to this forum.My question is who to belive?This person states one small peice of gravel jams this holster, http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=164512 and this person states they fill and pack it with dirt,gravel and have no jam, http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gear-accessories-sponsored-gun-works/3-blackhawk-level-2-serpa-holster-review.html What say you good people?Thank's for any input.

If you enjoyed reading about "Blackhawk holster question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LegalAlien
January 27, 2009, 06:05 PM
First - welcome to THR

Second - question to you. Are you planning on rolling around in a gravel pit with a Blackhawk! (remember the '!') Serpa?

IF not, then I think it is a non-issue.

I have to BlackHawk! Serpa holsters. I do not go rolling around in gravel pits, and so far have had no fouling and/or lockups.

pugmug
January 27, 2009, 10:57 PM
Interesting answer, minus the question in response to my question.I do dove and quail hunt in a gravel pit and sometimes carry a handgun to target shoot with if the hunting is not good that day.I have been known to slip on lose gravel bank's while walking the area so who knows what may end up in a holster.

Erik
February 1, 2009, 12:29 AM
I believe Paul Gomez.

And he's not alone in reporting failures and user problems associated with Blackhawk SERPA holsters.

X-Rap
February 1, 2009, 12:50 PM
I got lost in going over old threads so my question is, have the problems been fixed?
As far as one rolling around in gravel, I suggest that some take a walk around a PX and see what types of holsters are being sold to soldiers (Serpas are the only ones I saw). Line units live in the gravel and sand and no matter if it is worn on chest or thigh it will be scooping up debris.
As a secondary weapon the thought of it not being usable due to being jamed into a holster but required after primary weapon failure or CQB is unconscionable.
Are alternates approved for military use? What Problems do the alternates have.

pugmug
February 1, 2009, 01:24 PM
One link in my post question was from 2005 and the other posted link was from 2008.That is the correct question I should have ask, in have the problem/problem's,if there were any been fixed in that time frame?

If you enjoyed reading about "Blackhawk holster question." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!