NJ pistol purchase permit woes.

PDA

Demitrios
January 28, 2009, 06:55 PM
As of the last few years I'd decided to become a pistol owner, going through the processes of being finger printed, paying unreasonable amounts of money and then waiting. . . and waiting. . . and. . . waiting. My first Pistol Purchase Permit (PPP) went as expected in my town (in NJ the police station processes the paperwork then the Chief of Police needs to sign off on it) and I got my paperwork after three months. Common sense let's you know that a twenty minute paperwork process and a five minute NICS check does not facilitate a three month lay off but such is the nature of the beast. Most recently however I found myself waiting about six and a half months for my PPP for no reason other than the Chief of Police was too lazy to sign it. The excuse was, "We have more pressing issues.". Well I got the thing and went ahead and bought myself a really nice Dan Wesson 15VH2. To the point, now I'm looking obtain a Florida Concealed Carry Permit and I want a weapon to go with it, my weapon of choice is not relevant but my means of obtaining it are. There is no sane reason that my rights, while not infringed, need to be hindered for the sake of some pompous jack-ass, with a badge's, need to exercise his personal beliefs rather than uphold the law which he swore to do as his duty. The next PPP I apply for it will be my intention (desire) to call mutliple times a week, record the time, date and name of every discussion and encounter I engage in. If I'm turned down for no proper reason (even though in NJ the Police Chief doesn't need one) I'd like to take my case to court under the banner of Heller vs. D.C. I'm basically asking for a world of trouble and the possibility of never being able to buy another gun again but if that's the price I need to pay for my, and others, freedom to legally bear arms then I'm prepared to pay that price. I would love any feedback, tips or recommendations that can be given to me (save the 'move out of NJ' or any other similar diatribe).

If you enjoyed reading about "NJ pistol purchase permit woes." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "NJ pistol purchase permit woes." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!