Kahr P Series Magazines.......

PDA

ezenbrowntown
January 29, 2009, 12:49 PM
I've been researching the Kahr pistols for sometime now, and I keep noticing the magazine "dangling" appearance on the P series versus the "flush" magazine on the PM series. Do they make a magazine that is flush for the P series? Does anyone know why they magazine hangs out like that? Any insight or information would be greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr P Series Magazines......." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ezenbrowntown
January 29, 2009, 09:04 PM
Wow, this is the first time I've ever posted something and not gotten some response.

OcelotZ3
January 29, 2009, 10:43 PM
It appears you can buy them with & without the grip extension:

http://www.kahrshop.com/index2.asp?cate=acc&model=mags

The Lone Haranguer
January 29, 2009, 11:03 PM
I've never heard of a flush-fitting magazine for a P (or K) series Kahr; they all have a small finger extension. The Kahr webpage appears to show the same thing. As an experiment I did once swap a floorplate from my PM9 mag onto a K9 mag; it fit, inserted and locked just fine.

dogtown tom
January 30, 2009, 01:56 AM
The standard black plastic floorplate on the P, K CW, and T series Kahr's extend a little bit further to aid in positive seating of the magazine. This is not to be confused with the extended mag floorplate that sticks out about an inch below the grip.

The flat metal baseplate from the PM & MK series does not fit truly flush when installed on a seven or eight round magazine. I know. I did it for my K9.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr P Series Magazines......." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!