Caspian kit?

PDA

BillyBothHands
January 31, 2009, 01:32 AM
I've ran across several sites mentioning Caspian Race Ready kits for building 1911's. I've got it in my mind to eventually build one. Caspian doesn't seem to mention any kits on their site (or if so i missed it lol). Does anyone know about these? had any experience etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "Caspian kit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Oro
January 31, 2009, 03:31 AM
Caspian builds the finest component in the 1911 world. The kits are great, but you need to know how to assemble them. This is not a "diy" thing if you are a newbie.

OTOH, if you know a good gunsmith or want to hire one, this is a great way to build a $3k gun for 1/2 the price.

The Caspian website will tell you what's available right now.

BillyBothHands
February 1, 2009, 09:29 PM
Cool I just haven't seen any kits listed directly on the site. Probably just call to get an idea of what they have. and yes i am a newbie but i'm not planning on starting anytime soon. Just in the beginning of what i'm sure will be a long research process. The goal is to build my own, but I know its not a Lego snap together sort of thing. Just in the information collecting phase currently lol

tekarra
February 2, 2009, 08:07 PM
Billy,
Have you looked at Fusion Arms?
It may be of interest to you.

BillyBothHands
February 2, 2009, 08:28 PM
I haven't! I'll do that thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Caspian kit?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!