I just couldn't help myself...sorry!

PDA

Missouri Mule
September 30, 2003, 02:01 PM
I try really hard not to spew out my opinions while inside the local gun shops. That is unless I am asked.

Anyway. I was near the gun counter yesterday. There was a guy who was looking for and asking questions about 1911 and .45 acp.

He seemed to have a good idea of what he was looking for.

He was asking about the officers model size, comparing recoil to a commander and gov length.

The guru behind the counter told him the officers model is really hard to shoot accurately compared to the full size 1911.

Enter my big mouth.:::
I said, almost under my breath to myself, "not really". I got a what ? look.
So I said , I shoot an Officers ACP a lot and yes there is a little difference but not that much as to call the OACP really hard to control.
It is a matter of practice.

If you were the perspective buyer, I apolagize to you.

I will grant ya'll my 5"ers are more accurate in my hands.
I am sure there several arguable reasons why.
I love my Officers ACP. I also plan to carry it .... post/ MO CCW.

coincidently this is the very same shop that lost all of my future gun purchases. A couple of years ago I was in the market for a new Remington 870. I stopped in for a look and was promptly told you don't want that. And anything less than the Browning is inferior to it. Admittedly the browning is a fine scattergun. But I grew up with my Dad's 870.
So I went else where and paid cash.

I hope my confession doesn't make me a hyprocrite.
I just had too!!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "I just couldn't help myself...sorry!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sanchezero
September 30, 2003, 03:01 PM
Alotta people have the same 'problem' you do. Don't sweat it.

:cool:

Pumpkinheaver
September 30, 2003, 03:27 PM
Your as stuborn as a Missouri mule!!!

Standing Wolf
September 30, 2003, 10:15 PM
I've learned a few useful facts from perfect strangers in gun shops.

If you enjoyed reading about "I just couldn't help myself...sorry!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!