Need help with an online poll

PDA

RevNate
February 3, 2009, 11:59 PM
All "yes" votes are greatly appreciated. This is becoming a hot issue here.

Near the bottom on the right side
"Do you think people should be allowed to carry concealed weapons in church?"

please cut and paste the link
www.todaysthv.com

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with an online poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tyler500e
February 4, 2009, 12:31 AM
Voted. We're down at 47% though..

Texpatriate
February 4, 2009, 02:00 PM
Down at just over 40% now. This is going the wrong direction.

Funderb
February 4, 2009, 02:03 PM
this poll is kind of dumb, because the government can not regulate churches, so any law governing churchground etiquette would violate the separation of church and state...
Same reason churches don't pay taxes, they don't have a recognized "income"

Texpatriate
February 4, 2009, 04:34 PM
I agree with what you are saying but is still illegal for ccw holders to carry in church in many, if not most states. As a pastor in training I find that disappointing that the state I live in will not allow me as a future pastor along with my church leadership to decide our own congregational policy on the issue. I believe that to be an encroachment on the establishment clause.

Geneseo1911
February 4, 2009, 04:58 PM
58 to 41 against now; but I'd say wait until the THR rush at 5-6PM. Remember; while the anti's are protesting and community organizing; gun owners are at WORK!

edSky
February 4, 2009, 05:17 PM
Just voted.

Robert
February 4, 2009, 05:29 PM
I voted. I am a member of my church's security team and carry at all times in church.

Texpatriate
February 6, 2009, 02:03 PM
We're still down in the poll, and it is still open. So go vote.

Geneseo1911
February 6, 2009, 02:47 PM
As of 1:47, the poll is about Michael Phelps...

chuckusaret
February 7, 2009, 11:19 AM
I live in Florida and I'll bet that I am not the only person in my church on Sunday with a CCW. As of Nov. 08 there were just under 537,729 people with CCL in the state.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need help with an online poll" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!