THR Advice needed!!

PDA

zx12rider
February 4, 2009, 11:32 AM
I purchase something from a member here about a month ago. No product and no PM in 3 weeks. I don't want to slander someone's name but at what point do I do something about this? I've written him 3-4 times without a reply. I hope nothing is wrong but I'm at a loss of what to do.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR Advice needed!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
expvideo
February 4, 2009, 11:34 AM
3 weeks with no contact is long enough to assume that it is a fraud. At this point I wouldn't call it slanderous to make the bad deal public.

jr45
February 4, 2009, 11:35 AM
I would agree. No contact in 3 weeks is too long.

erict
February 4, 2009, 11:38 AM
Have they been on the board since then?

mcwjr13
February 4, 2009, 11:39 AM
I think I would run a search on his profile to see when he last logged on to THR. My next step would be to notify the moderators and pm him with your messages. If I still did not get a response then I would make it public. Just try and keep it somewhat civil just in case something has happened. This seems to happen all to often!

TexasRifleman
February 4, 2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah get with a mod and see if they can contact the guy through an alternate email address, and confirm when he last logged on.

MT GUNNY
February 4, 2009, 11:46 AM
Tell a Moderator I'm shure they can contact him somehow. Or a Administrator

zx12rider
February 4, 2009, 12:07 PM
I am not the type to make rash moves. I did check a week or so ago and he had "not been" on THR. I just now re-checked and "February 1st, 2009 09:46 AM". So he could have PM'd me back. My PM were all polite just asking for a tracking number and update.

JShirley
February 4, 2009, 12:35 PM
PM a mod if the member's email isn't public, and the mod can forward an email for you.

John

taliv
February 4, 2009, 12:39 PM
unless possibly, they are in Kentucky and buried in ice with no power or phones (or water or food or gas)

zx12rider
February 4, 2009, 12:44 PM
If I remeber correctly he was in Cali. I just sent another PM as a last ditch effort to keep the peace. My main concern is his profile has "Last Activity: February 1st, 2009 09:46 AM "

Mal H
February 4, 2009, 06:12 PM
Please PM me with the name of the member. If it is who I think it is, I don't see any public record of a pending sale between you two. Did you make the deal in private?

zx12rider
February 5, 2009, 09:12 AM
I sent you a PM. Thanks for the help.

Mike

zx12rider
February 10, 2009, 12:29 PM
He did all he could to resolve this issue for me, but I think I am out the money. This is the first time ever being screwed by someone in the Gun hobby. I have to take the good with the bad 300 good experiences to 1 bad.

If you enjoyed reading about "THR Advice needed!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!