Possible poster design - what do you think?

PDA

bastiat
January 16, 2003, 12:17 PM
I was working on a 'Famous Gun Nuts' mousepad design and combined four of the T-shirt designs into one mousepad. When I finished I had something I thought would look cool hanging on a wall:

http://www.binarystorage.net/clients/flashbunny/pics/gunnutsposter.jpg

What do you think? Poster material?

If you enjoyed reading about "Possible poster design - what do you think?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lapidator
January 16, 2003, 12:22 PM
That is a great start!

But could you diversify it alittle. I'm sure you could find a Brit, an Israili, a Russian, a Chinese, a So. African, etc. Perhaps 6 photos, with captions?

lapidator

BigG
January 16, 2003, 12:23 PM
I'll buy! Where do I send the money? Great idea and great job on executing it, Bastiat! :D

Jack19
January 16, 2003, 12:30 PM
I'm with BigG, excellent job, where can I get one?

foghornl
January 16, 2003, 12:33 PM
I want at least 2

rock jock
January 16, 2003, 12:35 PM
Can you confirm the Ghandi quote is true? I have heard it is not.

Oleg Volk
January 16, 2003, 01:11 PM
Good poster. Would look more consistent if Ghandi photo wasn't feathered. Check the copyrights, esp. on the Bourke-White photo of Ghandi.

wingnutx
January 16, 2003, 01:17 PM
Rock Jock- That quote is from "Gandhi, An Autobiography", M. K. Gandhi, page 446, I believe. I will go look it up in the libarary to make sure.

ReadyontheRight
January 16, 2003, 01:28 PM
Bastiat -- great poster. I just visited your site for the first time this morning before coming here and finding this post. Great site! I thought this poster and the related flash preso were very compelling.

bastiat
January 16, 2003, 02:19 PM
Never had a poster printed up before, so I'll have to check with my contacts to see who is good at it.

bastiat
January 16, 2003, 02:28 PM
I have thought about feathering the other photos to match. Ghandi photo came from a clip art collection I own, so I'm able to reproduce it for fun and profit ;)

Tady45
January 16, 2003, 02:41 PM
It would be fun to take out a billboard add of this photo, and put it all over my liberal, wampy pamby city....

Larry :neener:

762x51
January 16, 2003, 03:11 PM
I would buy one for sure. Very cool. :cool:

BigG
January 16, 2003, 03:16 PM
I don't know about technical terms like feathering but my eye for art tells me it would look better if all the heads were similar in size. Still awesome, bud! :cool:

sm
January 16, 2003, 03:35 PM
Go for it.

Poster
Mousepad
Coffee cup ?

Good idea, message, eye catching...lotsa possibilities

MN_Strelok
January 16, 2003, 03:42 PM
Can you confirm the Ghandi quote is true? I have heard it is not.

I've checked on this in the past and found it is authentic. However, I think it's sometimes used out of context. What Ghandi is specifically referring to is the disarmament of Indian military forces, not individuals. IMHO, it can be used against the "guns are inherently evil" people, but isn't too much use for the "individual right" arguments.

Hope this helps, back to lurking now.

bastiat
January 16, 2003, 04:01 PM
Coffee mugs coming, printer needed is in repair shop :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Blackhawk
January 16, 2003, 04:01 PM
bastiat, now that is just postively great! Well done! :D

garrettwc
January 16, 2003, 05:10 PM
Very nice. Keep us up to date. I don't drink coffee but I would like to have that as a print I could get framed.

I wish I owned a van. I'd have it made into a huge decal and drive around everywhere with it displayed.:)

Lord Grey Boots
January 16, 2003, 06:22 PM
Thats a great poster!!

Hmm... need to search for other good quotes from such rabble rousers as Mother Teresa, various popes, Martin Luther King, Jesus Christ, and various other famous respected folks...

Marshall
January 16, 2003, 06:42 PM
Pic of John Wayne in True Grit, reigns in teeth.

Caption: Grab your pistols, you son of a bit*h!

ROFL
It goes something like that, :D

Seriously, very nice!

PATH
January 16, 2003, 07:01 PM
In the words of my hero, Monty Burns, "Exxxxccceeellllleennnttt!"

Guy L Johnson
January 16, 2003, 07:18 PM
A dual sidded pad with anti's on the other with their most assinaine and stupid quotes, I am sure you can find many.

If you actually produce these put me down for one even it it dosent have the anti's on the other side.

Guy L Johnson

BigG
January 17, 2003, 10:11 AM
GANDHI is how Mohandas K. Gandhi spelled his name.

http://www.epinions.com/content_75990994564

hansolo
January 17, 2003, 10:32 AM
T-shirts, sweatshirts, highway billboards, bottom of screen "crawl" for OLN TV, ........magnetic sign for vehicles....tattoo my back:

excellent!

Calamity Jane
January 17, 2003, 01:51 PM
WOO HOO! Great job! :cool:

bastiat
January 17, 2003, 05:18 PM
Realized that after searching the internet. Strange that many sites spell it both ways, though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Possible poster design - what do you think?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!