I've decided I'm going to sell my Glock 19 to fund another H&K!

PDA

CPshooter
February 4, 2009, 09:20 PM
After thinking about this for awhile, I finally decided to put my Glock 19 w/ night sights up for sale even though I only put less than 200 rounds through it:)

I usually don't like selling guns because you just lose money, but honestly this time I don't care. I like the simplicity and size-efficient design of Glocks, but I realized that every time I go to the range my USPc40 gets all the attention and the Glock gets none. I used to just "deal" with the Glock's grip angle becuase I wanted to own a 9mm Glock. Now it's to the point where I'm realizing that I shouldn't own a gun if I don't shoot it well and basically don't enjoy shooting it at all.

The H&K is on a whole different level. Points so much better and fits my hand like a glove. I love the ergos, the recoil system, the ambi "lever style" mag release, and most of all I love how fun and easy it is to shoot it accurately. I can literally shoot my USPc all day without any discomfort. Mind you it is chambered in the "snappy" 40s&w. IMHO the H&K recoil system works miracles on the felt recoil. Point is, I love this gun so much that I've decided to replace the Glock 19 with another H&K.

I fondled the new HK45c at Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday. I didn't like it from seeing pictures on the internet, but after holding one I have totally changed my mind. It really is a nice gun in a rather small package. However, I held a P30 once and I've never felt such a comfortable gun. I'll probably go with a P30L (longer slide) because I want another 9mm to replace the Glock.

I just felt like sharing my thoughts and opinions!

- CP

If you enjoyed reading about "I've decided I'm going to sell my Glock 19 to fund another H&K!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Stinger
February 4, 2009, 10:23 PM
We wish you all the best with your poor decision. :neener:

Bentonville
February 4, 2009, 10:25 PM
good thoughts and opinions. Thanks for sharing. I agree about either the HK45c or the P30. I enjoy my HK45c a lot!! The P30 is great too but it's not a .45. Actually I shoot my P2000 and P30 more due to costs. Haven't shot a P30 L yet. Remember, as good as the grips felt to you, you can switch out the panels on the P30 and backstrap on either and maybe improve what already felt great. Let us know about how things end up.

davidbee
February 4, 2009, 10:53 PM
i recently traded a like new glock 19 with two mags and box for the HK45c.
i had a new glock 26 so that was a factor in my decision.
i figured i didnt need two 9mm glocks.
you will love the hk45c and i doubt you will have any regrets..
just plan on getting a new 9mm asap.

jimsmith
February 4, 2009, 11:02 PM
Although I am against the selling of a decent gun once it is in my possession, I can understand your thoughts completely. When I go to the range, my HK Compact 40 gets the majority of the work. It's comfortable and it's so easy to get back on target with, it feels like you're cheating.

This site is heavy with Glock fans and they have good reason... but my Glockhead friends who have fired a mag or two through my HK end up with a tight pattern and a knowing smirk on their face.

With that said, I would save my pennies to get another HK and I wouldn't part with the 19 unless I absolutely had to.

CPshooter
February 5, 2009, 12:05 AM
Well, I forgot to mention that I already have a Glock 26!

The 26 still points somewhat naturally for me. This is probably because it only has a 2-finger grip, whereas the 19 has a full backstrap and the "hump" towards the bottom of my hand pushes the muzzle upwards. Basically the 19 points high and is awkward, but the 26 seems to point naturally and locks right into my hand.

Having a g26 is also another reason why I won't miss the 19. I really do love my baby Glock. Nonetheless, I'm considering ditching it for a P2000sk LEM:D I think I have a new-found fetish for H&K pistols..

I even bought a 33rd mag and a few g17 mags for the 19..guess I need to sell those now too! Sometimes you make stupid decisions and pay for them later...:banghead:

davidbee
February 5, 2009, 12:42 AM
well iam in the exact same boat i have two 15 round g19 magazines the two mags that came with the glock 26..AND iam looking at perhaps trading them in for a P2000sk.
i just feel that the Hk p2000sk and the P30 as well as the Hk45C are the best polymer guns right now...I might even trade my g26 for a USPc 9mm.
I dont know yet.

CPshooter
February 5, 2009, 03:26 AM
well iam in the exact same boat i have two 15 round g19 magazines the two mags that came with the glock 26..AND iam looking at perhaps trading them in for a P2000sk.
i just feel that the Hk p2000sk and the P30 as well as the Hk45C are the best polymer guns right now...I might even trade my g26 for a USPc 9mm.
I dont know yet.That's funny.. at least I know I'm not the only one who's trading off all their guns for more H&Ks LOL!

Let me ask you this..you weren't able to trade the g19 straight up for the HK45c were you??? If so, I'd like to know how the heck you suckered someone so badly! (I'm assuming you had to add a little $$)

benderx4
February 5, 2009, 10:39 AM
Welcome to the dark side, brothers! Just be prepared for all the "hate" comments that are bound to come. I used to own a huge assortment of guns including Taurus, Sig, Beretta, SA, Walther, CZ, and the list went on. Nowadays, I own a Seecamp for summer duty, an XD for the car, some old Colt and S&W revolvers and a slew of HKs. That's it! The thing is: I'm a happy man!! Congrats on the HKs!

davidbee
February 5, 2009, 11:21 AM
Well I only got 350 for the glock 19..but the store I traded it in...the good thing was the price of the Hk45C was 919.00 and most places here have it for
969 to 1050. So now I have two handguns and one on layaway.
One Hk45C, One Glock26 and a Dan Wesson cbob 45acp on layaway.
But I was thinking about an XD45acp with the thumb safety and trading my glock26 for the p2000sk or Usp C 9mm

CPshooter
February 6, 2009, 04:34 AM
Ahh I see. You probably could have got more than $350.

I just sold mine for $500 online, but it did have night sights and less than 200 rounds through it. It took me less than a day to sell it!

On that note, I am faced with the horrible decision of which H&K to buy now.

I know it sounds crazy with H&K putting out these newer guns (P30, HK45, 45c), but I think I've decided to go with a P2000 LEM in .40s&w:)

I know, I know..why get the P2000 when I already have a USPc chambered in 40s&w?

Because the P2000 will be a dedicated IWB gun. I don't like safeties on my carry gun, but don't want to convert the USPc to LEM because I like it how it is. The USPc will remain a nightstand gun like it's been, and I prefer a safety on a nightstand or home-defense gun. The P2000 will be living permanently in a nice IWB holster.

I also like how the P2000 is rather thin w/ the tapered slide, and doesn't have the bulkier control levers of the USPc. It will be much better for IWB carry. It's a little lighter too. I fondled one at Sportsman's Warehouse and thought it was a tad more comfortable in my hand than my USPc. Not too much better, but enough to notice the difference.

I will definitely be looking to pick up a P30L when I can afford one! Now the hard part...trying to hunt down a P2000 LEM.

(Is it easy to convert the factory 7-8lb LEM trigger to the lighter 5-6lb trigger if I choose to do so?)

stubbicatt
February 6, 2009, 07:11 AM
I like both the Glock 19 and my P7. It is the P7 that I use for carry duty, however. Slimmer profile.

The Glock is more accurate, or maybe I should say I shoot the Glock better than the P7.

benderx4
February 6, 2009, 09:01 AM
Mr Bill Springfield can work wonders with your HK triggers. I've actually seen a handful of P2000 LEMs around lately on this forum and a couple others. Good luck!

P.S. I carry a P7 as well - it was MADE for concealment, similar dimensions as a Walther PPS - thin!

FranklyTodd
February 6, 2009, 02:56 PM
I went through a Glock 27, then a 26, then a Sig P239, then a Beretta Storm PX4 SC, before finally settling on my new (to me) P2000SK v3 in 9mm. Love it!

In case you aren't aware, the P2000/USPc mags fit the SK, and they make a sleeve to cover the mag sticking out to get a full grip (just like using a G19 mag in a G26). Obviously the barrel is shorter, but otherwise it feels like a full size, but can go Sub-compaKt for carry. :)

Food for thought - I'm sure the full size P2000 is great, too.

D-Man
February 6, 2009, 04:01 PM
I just bought a USPc the other week, and think it's a great gun.

I do have one comment - I thought I had read someplace that the recoil reducers were only used in the full-size USP models. Am I wrong about that?

HKIWB
February 6, 2009, 04:56 PM
My first pistol was also a USP .40c, and I loved it. It became a safe queen after I got the P30. For me, the P30 shoots better, cheaper and more comfortably.

D-man: The Fullsize USP's have two recoil springs, while the USP Compact, P30/P30L and HK45's have a single spring with a polymer buffer that surrounds the spring (like your compact). I believe the P2000's also use this spring and buffer system.

FMJMIKE
February 6, 2009, 07:02 PM
Are you CRAZY ???? Keep the Glock..............:scrutiny:

waterhouse
February 6, 2009, 07:19 PM
My first non .22 handgun was a Glock 19.

Some people shoot Glocks extremely well. I'm not one of them. My brother has that 19 now and he shoots it better than I ever did. I now carry a P7 all the time.

This isn't a bash on Glocks at all, or a praise of HKs. I carried a P2000 for work and I shot that about as well as the Glock.

As you said, it fits your hand like a glove and points better. You don't need a name brand or model number to tell you that's the one you should go with.

crebralfix
February 6, 2009, 07:49 PM
Main thing is: can you take your HK completely apart yourself to perform maintenance on it?

Given the probable gun bans coming up in the next few years, perhaps you should keep it. Of course, it could be argued that you should get EXACTLY what you want before the bans come.

Or, you could keep the Glock 19 and get the HK anyway. Then, when the bans come, you have something to trade.

Brazos
February 6, 2009, 08:42 PM
I am going the other direction now Obama has been elected. I am going all glock for high cap stuff. The guns are as good as any and a decent price. Parts are plentiful and cheap. Mags are 1/2 the price of HK, Walther, Sig, etc (this adds up when you are stocking up on mags). And a big plus anyone can take the gun apart themselves with one punch. I guess I am getting ready for rough times ahead. At least all my Glocks should each last a lifetime but if one goes down the parts will interchange with my other glocks so I won't have a paperwieght. That being said if it wasn't for the change in political climate I would be considering HK's as they are probably the best.

Brazos

PhillyGlocker
February 7, 2009, 12:30 PM
We wish you all the best with your poor decision.
Exactly!

FMJMIKE
February 7, 2009, 09:10 PM
Very good advice Brazos..............

newmenu
February 16, 2009, 02:53 PM
My buddy just bought a P30L and he loves it. I love it too, its a great gun. I have the HK45, the new ergo gripped full size .45 and I love it too. I and every one of my family and friends who have shot it all agree it is the absolute finest pistol they have ever shot. I feel the same.

CountGlockula
February 16, 2009, 03:59 PM
but I realized that every time I go to the range my USPc40 gets all the attention and the Glock gets none.

If you go to the range to seek the approval of others, then you may have some personal issues to work with.:scrutiny:

There's nothing wrong with selling off your guns for another, but you'll regret it. Just keep your collection growing. Best luck on your Hk.

Pilot
February 16, 2009, 04:07 PM
Very good advice Brazos..............

Why? Because you like Glocks? In an era where items may become scarce, buy the scarcer item when you are able. Glocks are everywhere, and no matter what will always be worth less than HK's and other less plentiful but excellent weapons.

CPshooter
February 17, 2009, 12:42 AM
If you go to the range to seek the approval of others, then you may have some personal issues to work with.

There's nothing wrong with selling off your guns for another, but you'll regret it. Just keep your collection growing. Best luck on your Hk.
Speak for yourself, man. I was implying that I am the one giving all my attention to the USPc and I neglect to shoot the Glock while at the range. I don't give a crap what anyone thinks of my guns except me.

I definitely won't regret my decision. I don't shoot Glocks well, and quite frankly I never did. I had them more because it was comforting knowing I owned a "Glock"..before I knew better anyways. Let's just say my USPc made me realize that I shouldn't feel so comforted in owning a Glock. I'd trust my life to my USPc even after shooting 500 rounds without cleaning it. I wouldn't dare carry a Glock without cleaning it after 200 rounds. I say this from experience.

To be honest, I don't even know why I ever thought it was cool to have a 33rd magazine for the 19. I'm not a zombie killer, and it is so not practical to have a huge magazine sticking out of your pistol no matter what the circumstance is. If I wanted high capacity and accuracy, I'll pick up an AR15. A pistol is intended to be a compact weapon.

Also, why would I go out and buy a certain gun just because a new president got elected and 33rd magazines are available for it when I can get another gun that I prefer to shoot and just buy as many spare magazines as I want?

Why? Because you like Glocks? In an era where items may become scarce, buy the scarcer item when you are able. Glocks are everywhere, and no matter what will always be worth less than HK's and other less plentiful but excellent weapons.
I completely agree.

I'm sorry so many Glock fans got offended by me making this thread. Glocks are great weapons. I've owned several. But from my personal experience H&K happens to make a better weapon that I happen to shoot better. I have nothing to regret about my decisions to sell off my Glocks. It's just my personal preference.

I'm now glock-less, but that's ok because I have these beauties:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/TonyG749/photo-63.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/TonyG749/photo-55.jpg

I even kept the Glock'ers in mind with this next one:)

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n106/TonyG749/photo-56.jpg

spyderdude
February 17, 2009, 05:46 AM
Congrats on the new H&K. I don't have any experience with them, but they have an excellent reputation. I've owned my G19 for almost three years and have no plans to get rid of it anytime soon. I have a 33 round G18 magazine. It is impractical for anything else except getting weird looks from people at the range as I proceed to put 33 rounds from a pistol down range. Hopefully the G19 you had will go to someone responsible who is able to shoot it better. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "I've decided I'm going to sell my Glock 19 to fund another H&K!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!