Going to a gunshow this weekend

PDA

R3dundantC
February 6, 2009, 07:15 AM
I'm going to go to a gun show in Roseburg, Ore this weekend. I have a Glock 35 that I am thinking about trying to trade for a CZ75 Compact in the .40 caliber.
Should I try for a trade? Or should I keep my Glock?

I love my 35, but the ergonomics of it do not fit my hand, where as the CZ feels like it was molded for my hand.

But I am thinking about trying my hand at competition shooting at the tail end of this year, and keeping the 35 might be a better option at this time (although I do have access to other handguns that I could use for competition, but I prefer to have one of my own).

I would like to have a gun that is a little more conducive than the Glock 35 as a carry option for me. The Glock is really bulky and does not conceal well.

Currently, I am well off financially, but my situation does not really permit me to justify buying another gun, so my options are one or the other. Your opinions are appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Going to a gunshow this weekend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Onmilo
February 6, 2009, 08:52 AM
I haven't had much luck trading anything at the last several gun shows I have attended.
The vendors are the same tired old guys with the same tired old stuff, priced accordingly, and those that aren't staring blankly at the floor have this desperate look in their eyes of 'buy something, PLEASE buy something, ANYTHING!, I'm desperate here!"

I wish you best of luck.

benderx4
February 6, 2009, 08:57 AM
I think your best option is to sell your Glock here at THR (or put it up for trade here) and then go out and find your CZ. Especially, if you're looking at a new CZ, nowadays the retailers aren't giving much for trade-ins. (One offered me $250 for a beautiful HK USP45 compact I was looking to trade - sold it here for $550 in less than a week!)

Mad Magyar
February 6, 2009, 10:26 AM
From my experience, I'd sell your present gun in the aisles of the gun show. You'll get a better price that way. Vendors will low-ball your pistol and trying to trade isn't much better.
With cash in hand, then you can bargain for the pistol that you want there or somewhere else...

If you enjoyed reading about "Going to a gunshow this weekend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!