Look what Springfield sent me in the mail - XDm owners should read

PDA

sturmgewehr
February 6, 2009, 01:26 PM
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/tharmsen/Forums/guns/XDm/IMG_4920.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m167/tharmsen/Forums/guns/XDm/IMG_4921.jpg

Only took a couple of months to get my free magazines from their promotion! Not too bad. I had just put it in the back of my mind my free magazines would be coming. I figured it could take 6 months or more...

Then I found this in the mail today.

SCORE!

If you enjoyed reading about "Look what Springfield sent me in the mail - XDm owners should read" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hlq
February 6, 2009, 01:40 PM
Congrads! I bought my XD used :( , but would have loved to get in on that deal!

dirt_j00
February 6, 2009, 02:48 PM
When does that deal end? I have a XDm in 9mm on order...

Little_Bigman
February 6, 2009, 03:09 PM
The mule WAS the bait

Now where have I heard that before?

sturmgewehr
February 6, 2009, 03:52 PM
I think the deal ended in 2008. I don't have the certificate any longer with the date on it as I had to send it to SA. If I recall correctly, I was in a hurry to mail it off to beat the expiration date.

CoRoMo
February 6, 2009, 05:11 PM
XDm only?

I bought an XD45 in 2008, but I'm sure that any certificate would have expired even if I was lucky enough to have received one.

stork
February 6, 2009, 05:17 PM
The promo was for either xd or xd-m and ended Jan 15, 09.
FYI
Stork

franconialocal
February 6, 2009, 06:23 PM
Same deal for the EMP 9mm. I love the Kydex holster.

Dirtpile
February 7, 2009, 12:28 AM
Am I the only one that noticed those mags and pouch look totally huge in that case?

MaterDei
February 7, 2009, 12:45 AM
OK, so the deal ended last month. When did it start? Can I get some free mags for my HS2000? :)

-v-
February 7, 2009, 01:12 AM
I think it started some time in September or October. I remember I got really excited when I saw it, but very disappointed when I saw the start date, since I bought my XD during the summer, and was thus ineligible... Booo!

nalioth
February 7, 2009, 11:03 AM
Sorry folks, the OP decided to viciously tease a lot of you.

I think he was trying to reassure those folks who did get in on the deal.

BTW, that plastic case is how the pistols are shipped here from Croatia. SA transplants them into the bigger foam lined cases along with mags and "XD Gear" prior to shipping.

chuckusaret
February 7, 2009, 12:02 PM
I have been a big supporter of Springfield Armory for the past 50 years are so and even more so since I purchased a XD .40 cal sub compact. I also received the two extra magazines, pouch and case.

bikerbill
February 9, 2009, 12:57 PM
ordered mine after I bought an XDm-9 in December ... they're on the way, sez Springfield ... neat case ... great gun!!

Nanook
February 9, 2009, 01:22 PM
I'm waiting for mine right now. I just beat the deadline, and hope that there were some mags left.

I beat the deadline by 5 days.

ohiobowhunter78
February 10, 2009, 10:08 PM
That is a nice promotion. I think it ened in 08, but awesome deal.

possum
February 10, 2009, 10:26 PM
cool, you can never have 2 many mags.

INSULATION TIM
February 15, 2009, 09:42 AM
I'm still awaiting mine, but I did get an email from them last week stating that they were now processing my "reward". I think that it was about 6 weeks ago that I sent in the claim form and original receipt.

Freezebyte
February 15, 2009, 11:58 AM
Still waiting for mine, but free is free. 4 total clips FTW!

JeffDilla
February 15, 2009, 12:04 PM
Am I the only one that noticed those mags and pouch look totally huge in that case?

Maybe it's just a really small case?

Prion
February 15, 2009, 12:27 PM
Makes a great compact carry case for your XDM and one extra magazine. Very sweet deal.

nalioth
February 15, 2009, 01:44 PM
Makes a great compact carry case for your XDM and one extra magazine. Very sweet deal. Hmm, from post 12 (http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=5318202&postcount=12):
BTW, that plastic case is how the pistols are shipped here from Croatia. SA transplants them into the bigger foam lined cases along with mags and "XD Gear" prior to shipping.

RIF

INMY01TA
February 15, 2009, 05:25 PM
Suppose I went into the gun store to buy on Jan 15th (last day), put a deposit down, and have to wait the 7-8 days for background check? I sent in the deposit reciept anyway. Think they'll honor my reward?

A-FIXER
February 15, 2009, 06:15 PM
try this it may answer your questions

http://www.springfield-armory.com/gearup/gearup.pdf

INMY01TA
February 15, 2009, 06:44 PM
try this it may answer your questions

http://www.springfield-armory.com/gearup/gearup.pdfWell not really. I read that same form when I sent it in. I guess what I'm wondering is would it be considered sold when I went in to buy it and put my deposit down? Not my faughlt I had the waiting period..

A-FIXER
February 15, 2009, 07:37 PM
As I have read it must have been purchased between Oct 15,08 to Jan 15,09 and on offical sale receipt the day you put money was the day the purchase was made, I do not see an expire date, I would think you good to go but just as eveything else they run out of items for said promo what ya got to lose but some time filling the form out and the cost of stamp... Just do it and see what happens.... lot's of luck with all the other doing just as you are.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Look what Springfield sent me in the mail - XDm owners should read" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!