Mauser P38 and original holster - ?????

PDA

smokeysdaddy
February 6, 2009, 01:56 PM
I have a MAUSER P-38 BYF 44; 9 mm; very good grips, 5'' barrel, Matching s/ns ; serial #618 W ; WaA135 markings on side with eagle in between them. I have been informed that the holster I have with it is an original -- byf43 -- it's in excellent shape for its age. Any idea of value of gun and holster?

If you enjoyed reading about "Mauser P38 and original holster - ?????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
wizzegun
February 6, 2009, 02:17 PM
Your P-38 is most likely in the $500-600 range. Original holsters can bring an additional $100 depending. I generally try to research auction sites...mostly Gunbroker. But remember, only consider the auctions that are being bid on. Just because somebody wants $1000 for a holster doesn't mean its worth that.

searcher451
February 6, 2009, 08:44 PM
You might want to take a trip over the P.38 Forum:

http://forums.p38forum.com/forums/index.php?sid=cfaced94b15840e6303d2b1b0f237b8a

Some holster experts reside there who will be able to give you details on that aspect of your rig, along with the gun itself. A holster in good shape can command hundreds of dollars in addition to the actual P.38.

Good luck.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mauser P38 and original holster - ?????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!