Enlarging a Polymer Grip

PDA

Ak Guy
February 7, 2009, 03:46 PM
I'm thinking seriously about trying to build up the grip on my XDm so that my finger doesn't "over-reach" the trigger. (Hand too big / grip too small). I'm considering something like Bondo, or even JB Weld, or ??????

Has anyone out there tried anything similar? Details? Suggestions?

Thanx........

If you enjoyed reading about "Enlarging a Polymer Grip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sophijo
February 7, 2009, 03:52 PM
bicycle tire tube sleeves

Impureclient
February 7, 2009, 03:59 PM
http://www.fastcap.com/videos.aspx?id=4686

This stuff might do the trick.

The Lone Haranguer
February 7, 2009, 09:55 PM
If it were mine I would use a Hogue grip sleeve, being sure it does not impinge on the grip safety.

While I have not tried it myself - nor would I - I see no reason why you could not use a variation of the method used to do Glock grip reductions. Trowel on layers of epoxy until you get the approximate dimensions you want, file it to shape and texture it, then paint it. Of course, if it turns out poorly or not as expected, you just ruined your frame, or at least the grip insert.

kd7nqb
February 7, 2009, 10:21 PM
Buy an M&P and put in the large backstrap.

If you enjoyed reading about "Enlarging a Polymer Grip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!