+P 9mm

PDA

kis2
February 7, 2009, 06:38 PM
Alright all, finally committed and ordered my G19 today, next step, ammo! Not trying to start the 9mm vs .45 HD argument or anything, but I'm a little confused about this +P 9mm ammo... is it basically just an extra hot 9mm load? any worries about using it in the g19?

Thanks to all THR members, without who, I'd have a collection of crappy guns.

If you enjoyed reading about "+P 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
February 7, 2009, 06:46 PM
Really heavy use of exclusively +P might cause faster wear on springs and other small parts. Otherwise, the Glock is made for any SAAMI-spec ammo, including +P.

Gun Slinger
February 7, 2009, 07:12 PM
The Glock Owner's Manual says that the G19 will tolerate the use of it. Go for it.

mio
February 7, 2009, 07:28 PM
try the mag safe ammo

newdude
February 7, 2009, 07:45 PM
is it basically just an extra hot 9mm load?

Yes. More pressure and power. As others have said, glock 19s are fine with it.

The Lone Haranguer
February 7, 2009, 10:02 PM
The Glock was originally designed as a military sidearm. As such, it is rated for the 9mm "NATO" loading, which is a close equivalent to most of this +P ammunition.

NG VI
February 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
I think the Glock was designed to CIP spec 9mm, wasn't it? If I'm right, that means that our commercial +P and +P+ are actually just regular 9mm, and our "standard pressure" is actually downloaded from our European counterparts spec for 9mm. Shoot it and be merry, the Glock will not be hurt by it. Might mean you have to replace a spring slightly more often if you shoot an awful lot of carry ammo. Personally I mostly shoot range type ammo which is standard pressure and a couple mags of carry ammo every so often.

If you enjoyed reading about "+P 9mm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!