pawn shop price check

PDA

halfded
February 8, 2009, 09:38 PM
Saw a Taurus pt 92 or 99, can't remember which. They're asking $299. The gun's in good shape, not sure if it comes with one mag or two though. Is this a good price or should I work him down a bit? If I were to sell my beretta 9000s what would be a decent price for it? I know the price has gone down quite a bit.

If you enjoyed reading about "pawn shop price check" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
janobles14
February 8, 2009, 09:55 PM
its actually not a bad price for the taurus. if you can get him talked down then all the better.

not too sure on the beretta price though but i would guess around $350 - $450

Kindrox
February 8, 2009, 11:10 PM
I paid $350 for my new 9000s and $325 for my used 9000s. Did you pay more? I would never sell mine!

walker944
February 8, 2009, 11:12 PM
I've been seeing the Taurus PT92 (or PT99) in pawn shops lately with sticker prices of $399. So if you have the lead on one at $299, I would haggle them down as low as they will go, then JUMP ALL OVER IT!!!! Generally, Pawn Shops will come down about $50 for guns in that general range.

Good luck, let us know how you do.

halfded
February 9, 2009, 10:21 AM
If memory serves me, I paid $275 used plus tax and background check about a year and a half ago. Never had any problems out of it other than the occasional hiccup. Interested in a full size pistol for a house gun and I don't carry the beretta much at all anymore.

Kindrox
February 9, 2009, 10:44 AM
You should get what you paid for it out of it for sure. What caliber and condition is it in?

halfded
February 9, 2009, 10:58 AM
It's 9mm in like new condition. I carried it in a cordura holster or one of those tactical man purses so the bluing is like new. Cleaned thoroughly everytime I shot it, probably less than 3000 rounds down the pipe. Would asking for $350 be too much? That would cover the 99 and lunch while I'm out. This is at a pawn shop mind you. Can't sell it at Gander mountain, they only have a part time gunsmith, part time like after 6pm :banghead: The guy that owns the shop I want to buy it from says "there's no money in a trade" and wants me to throw down cash too, always. Only decent pawn shop in town though, stock wise. So if I can sell it at a different shop I'd probably be better off.

Kindrox
February 9, 2009, 11:24 PM
If you can get it to Texas, I think a friend of mine would do $350. He has been wanting me to sell him one of mine.

Duke of Doubt
February 9, 2009, 11:35 PM
Too much.

halfded
February 12, 2009, 09:35 AM
So I guess it would sweeten the deal if it was stainless, .40 caliber, and the guy is willing to give me ammo as well huh? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "pawn shop price check" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!