Best Post Ever! (We can all stop reading after this!)

PDA

Ohio Gun Guy
February 8, 2009, 10:45 PM
I think I have the best post ever! :evil: (Meant to be in good fun, I post and read these too!)

What handgun, in what caliber, should I get for my wife to shoot bears? (We already have a .22 for coyotes) How many "Clips" should I buy for it?
Also, I am looking for a "Sniper" rifle for me, I want to shoot 2,000 yards, will my Mosin Nagant work for that? I don't own one yet, but I am considering it.
Should I sell my 9mm or .45 to finance this purchase? OR I may sell one of my AR or AK "Assault Rifles", which do you think I should sell?

P.S. I am keeping my all purpose M1 Garand for a SHTF gun, do you think the 1,000,000 rounds I have sockpiled is enough?

Lastly, I have attached a complete list, serial numbers, and pictures of every gun I own. Will you post yours also? (See attached picture for summary of responses.)

Hope it was funny! :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Best Post Ever! (We can all stop reading after this!)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sturmgewehr667
February 8, 2009, 10:48 PM
sell it all, get a garand

handgun for the wife? saw off a garand

sniper rifle? garand

simple

Armed 24/7
February 8, 2009, 10:51 PM
And don't forget to stock up on Duct Tape and extra trauma plates, so that you can protect yourself against multiple .308 rounds to the back

Glockman17366
February 8, 2009, 10:51 PM
You're right...this was the best post..ever!
After this, I'll never need to frequent THR again since now...I've seen he best post ever

sturmgewehr667
February 8, 2009, 10:52 PM
or, if you are garand deficient (actual disease)

get her a S&W 500 for bear defense, and since revolvers can use clips, get at least 10

your mosin nagant is fine for 2k yard shooting, but you won't be able to hit anything, actually, my 22 will shoot 5k yards.

sell the 9mm, sell the AR. since you said they were assault rifles, i assume they are select fire and you should have plenty money to buy a decent sniper rifle after selling them.

ThrottleJockey
February 8, 2009, 10:52 PM
Darndest thing, that's almost what happened to mine! I was canoeing in northern MN over Christmas, and of course I had every gun I own in the canoe(figured what better place to get in some shooting time). Well, to make a long story short, boat turned over, lost all but the one strapped to my hip!

sturmgewehr667
February 8, 2009, 10:53 PM
10 minutes till closure 9:59, 9:58, 9:57......

Ohio Gun Guy
February 8, 2009, 10:56 PM
I can't believe I missed the Garand comments, I may have to try again and weave that in there! I should have gotten political too. This may only be the "Almost" best post ever!

jbkebert
February 8, 2009, 11:20 PM
What you really want for all of these needs is a Official Red Ryder carbine-action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock.

Ohio Gun Guy
February 8, 2009, 11:22 PM
you'll shoot your eye out kid.

esmith
February 8, 2009, 11:23 PM
TBA, tragic boating accident. Happened to me too.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
February 8, 2009, 11:23 PM
you forgot to make the entire post one long run on sentence with no punctuation no capitalization also poor diction also poor spelling also you have to mention shtf in there someone and maybe zombies this reminds me of david allan coe the perfect country and western song

jbkebert
February 8, 2009, 11:25 PM
Ooooh fuudge

Matt-J2
February 8, 2009, 11:30 PM
I was drunk the day my mom got a 9mm assault rifle.
I went to pick her up with my shtf ak.
But before I could get a clip in my AR sniper rifle,
She lost all her guns in a damned old boat!

Rockwell1
February 8, 2009, 11:37 PM
This can't be the best post ever because it doesn't say anything at all about:
MAMA,
OR TRAINS,
OR TRUCKS,
OR PRISON,
OR GETTING’ DRUNK

jnyork
February 8, 2009, 11:51 PM
You forgot the .22 rimfire for coyotes.

sturmgewehr667
February 8, 2009, 11:52 PM
what, i thought it was closed.

i predicted it would be closed just like most of the other threads

Ohio Gun Guy
February 8, 2009, 11:52 PM
Fixed it! :rolleyes:

Rockwell1
February 9, 2009, 12:00 AM
does this constitue in AFTER the lock?

2RCO
February 9, 2009, 12:01 AM
You haven't mentioned Zombies or asked the value of any of those weapons. You also didn't mention Ammo Prices, Wal Mart, or Obama.

sturmgewehr667
February 9, 2009, 12:07 AM
i heard that sporterizing my grandpa's ww2 bring back Kar98K with all the original markings and the perfect stock, just like he found it in that bunker at d-day would bring up the value?

i paid $1000 to put a new stock and scope on it, why do people only offer me $150???

is a .700 nitro a big enough handgun caliber for zombie bears?

how much can i get for my mosin nagant that's missing the stock?

.45 vs 9mm vs .40

is it true that obama is going to ban all guns and america is going to fall apart because of it???

2RCO
February 9, 2009, 12:10 AM
Sturm I think you pretty much nailed it. I also forgot to add IBTL

jbkebert
February 9, 2009, 12:14 AM
"Flick says he saw some Grizzly bears near Pulaski's candy store." Do you really think I am carrying enough gun?

Impureclient
February 9, 2009, 12:15 AM
Does Obama shop at Walmart? IBTL

Jorg Nysgerrig
February 9, 2009, 12:16 AM
I'm going to relock this one sometime in the near future. Go ahead and get it out of your system now. :)

sturmgewehr667
February 9, 2009, 12:17 AM
after doing some research on stopping power, i decided to trade in my .700 nitro handgun and purchase a 20mm vulcan tackytickle assault handgun for bear defense, i train with it constantly. it has full length rails, 4 flashlights, 3 scopes, 7 rows of rails on the trigger guard, an under barrel shotgun with full length rails and flashlights on the bullets.

did i mention it is the same derringer that elvis carried in his boot

Impureclient
February 9, 2009, 12:19 AM
Well then.... Obama does in fact shop at Walmart as all do the rest of the liberal media.
By the way does anybody know what kind of gun Max Payne uses in the new movie?
I doubt he uses a 9mm as we all know the .45 is far superior.

pant,pant, pant ...fingers cramping

Has anybody heard of this HR45? Well let me tell you my feelings about it...

phish
February 9, 2009, 12:21 AM
this post should go on failblog.org...

even if you were joking.

sturmgewehr667
February 9, 2009, 12:22 AM
does anyone know that if you load your bullets with koolaid, they will be twice as powerful

Impureclient
February 9, 2009, 12:23 AM
Powdered? for real?
Have to Google that one.

Impureclient
February 9, 2009, 12:25 AM
http://www.nostarclothing.com/t-shirts/catalog/images/main/mm_guns.gif

2RCO
See THR has a sense of humor. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself a little.

I keep thinking of stuff like --Muay Thai and Boars :)

Thanks Jorg.

sturmgewehr667
^ no, not for real.

you should need a license to purchase reloading supplies

jbkebert
February 9, 2009, 12:29 AM
Does hornady make dies for that derringer yet. I really want one just think reloading might make it more cost effective to shoot?

Impureclient
February 9, 2009, 12:29 AM
No mention of Kool aid in this recipe.
http://www.funadvice.com/q/how_to_make_homemade_gunpowder

sturmgewehr667
February 9, 2009, 12:31 AM
can i shoot buffalo from a helicopter with my marlin model 60?

should i shoot a criminal who is attacking me with an axe because i don't want to deal with legalities?

can i convert a 10/22 to beltfed full auto with a license?

jbkebert
February 9, 2009, 12:33 AM
Wylers will produce a little slower burn rate than Kool-aide. I hear it can give you a extra 5,000 fps

Impureclient
February 9, 2009, 12:34 AM
I don't know I'm not seeing anything about the Kool aid in this:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/223685/10_unusual_uses_for_koolaid_brand_soft.html

Impureclient
February 9, 2009, 12:38 AM
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=17889.0

Freezebyte
February 9, 2009, 12:39 AM
And everybody knows that fire can't melt steel either! It just don't happen! I mean hell, doesn't everyone know that steel is forged, pressed and shaped in the depths of the worlds oceans and just "floats" to the surface?

MikePGS
February 9, 2009, 12:40 AM
I keep thinking of stuff like --Muay Thai and Boars
That truly was the best thread ever.

In all seriousness does anyone have a light summer jacket? I need it to deflect 9mm rounds. I read somewhere that 9 won't do anything and that a .45 doesn't need to expand. Also watch out for those exploding Glocks.

fireman 9731
February 9, 2009, 12:40 AM
you forgot to mention that you want an ultra high quality, ultra long range scope for less than a hundred dollars! :)

jbkebert
February 9, 2009, 12:49 AM
So I am hearing Mosin Nagnat in a 20mm is my best choice for my trophy Arkansas squirrel hunt. I am not sure those are pretty high end rifles by HS Precision any other thoughts?

sm
February 9, 2009, 12:49 AM
Am I the only one that still has the gun stuff, but not the wives?

What gun for wife?

Put me down for getting rid of wife and using that neat envelope divorce papers come in to protect the gun.

Me: Do I have to get married and divorced a third time to get some of those neat envelopes, or will you just sell me some, or tell me where to get them?

Attorney: Give me your new address and I will have my gal mail some to you Steve.
These are less expensive for you this way.

Use Enough Attorney

Duelist
February 9, 2009, 12:55 AM
Can I jungle clip 2 BETA mags together for when the zombies come?

What is the best tactical gun for when the SHTF?

What's the best gun for my wife to help me fight off zombies when the SHTF?

What is a mall ninja and why is everyone calling me Gecko45?

LOL

ThrottleJockey
February 9, 2009, 01:03 AM
hey guys, does anyone know where I can still order some of those heat seeking bullets? Everywhere I go is sold out with no back order due to the pre ban panic.

jbkebert
February 9, 2009, 01:05 AM
Didn't we forget about the dreaded black talon rounds.

BHP FAN
February 9, 2009, 01:07 AM
oh!oh!I know! Revolvers vs autos!

BHP FAN
February 9, 2009, 01:08 AM
survival wheelbarrow,canned .22!

Matt-J2
February 9, 2009, 01:15 AM
I know I'm supposed to pull the pin before throwing the grenade, but which pin on this Glock am I supposed to pull?
Where can I get a 1911? The antique shop never seems to have them in stock.
If I stick a 9mm hollowpoint in the cavity of a .45 hollowpoint, is that the answer we've all been seeking?

Rockwell1
February 9, 2009, 02:17 AM
No mention of Glocks yet?

John828
February 9, 2009, 02:21 AM
Thanks Jorg!!! :D

Everyone needs to blow off some steam sometimes, and it is nice to have a zany thread every once in a while.

I still enjoyed the "Threeband made me do it" thread in Hunting. I think that was the What caliber for MOA thread.

jbkebert
February 9, 2009, 02:53 AM
Thanks for keeping me wired tonight. I just started to go outside for a smoke since I can't seem to sleep. I saw some moment outside and looked there are 7 whitetail deer in my front yard right now. It is a pretty clear night here in KS about 45 degrees out with a full moon. I have enjoyed this thread its nice to let loose a little bit. So thanks for the laughs and keeping me up to catch one of the most remarkable big game animals in this country.

230RN
February 9, 2009, 02:54 AM
i have this 30 year old can of Unique and I hate to waiste it i want to load max loads for my .357 but a firend told me it got weak with age and i should increase all the powder charges by 10 or 15 precent and use heavy bulits so it will burn better. what do youguys think ? ? ?:confused::confused::confused: this is a grate sight and i think i can get the rite anser here.

(Name witheld)

Jorg Nysgerrig
February 9, 2009, 03:00 AM
Well gents, it's midnight here and this thread just turned into a pumpkin.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled postings.

If you enjoyed reading about "Best Post Ever! (We can all stop reading after this!)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!