SW Sigma

PDA

devildog4329
February 10, 2009, 11:54 AM
Hey guys I work for a private security company and they just bought a bunch of the SW sigmas for one of our new contracts. A couple of my coworker went to the range to qualify to get there hand gun permits last weekend and they all said its a piece of junk. I have never handled one or shot one but i do remember a while ago S&W was giving them away when you bought a M&P or AR from them. The guys said its not accurate at all. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "SW Sigma" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Thomas Garrett
February 10, 2009, 12:01 PM
Devildog, I had a SW40VE, shot it quite often, was my CCW pistol, I had no problems with it, 15 yards it was quite accurate. It would hit paper within the 9 ring one handed. What caliber did you purchase?

possum
February 10, 2009, 12:07 PM
they are not accurate at all?

do these people shoot anytime other than when they have too? ie qualify? thee are very few if any handguns that come out on the market these days that are not accurate enough for security/ police/ ccw use. that is hard for me to believe.

i know the one that i grew up on was accurate and 100% reliable, yes it did have a horrible trigger but other than that there were no issues, and really even a bad trigger can be wprked around with proper instruction and training.

i assume that these people have little to no training, and shoot when they have too to qual and that is about it. i would venture to say that these folks are doing the classic "it is the gun" when really they don't have the skill set and or they are not applying the basices to hot what they are aiming at.

handguns are a whole different animal, they are much harder to learn and hit with compared to long guns, and i bet out of the bunch that you describe there is a few that have been hunting shooting rifles a long time, but have little to no experince with a handgun. and even if they do thier skills are lacking.

i had a women at the range tell me that glock and blackhills ammo was crap, she had no idea what she was doing and saying, she couldn't hit so she blamed the gun's malfunctions form limp wristing and inaccuracy on the gun ammo combo.

legion3
February 10, 2009, 12:11 PM
The trigger on the sigma is legendary and not in a good way.

SW9VEman
February 10, 2009, 02:47 PM
I have no problem hitting in the 9 ring out to 15 yrds with mine. Mine is the newer model as well.

Most negative comments are talking about the older model. The trigger is on the heavy side, but not any worse then a DAO revolver.

guttedEF
February 26, 2009, 09:38 AM
I agree, this is my carry pistol and I love my gun. Agreed, the trigger took some getting used to, but just like a vehicle or anything else, all guns are different. Once I got used to it and the gun I like the long/heavy trigger pull, simply because other than a "trigger safety", these guns have no safety options.

Also, these guns are just as accurate as any other brand gun when comparing apples to apples. i have put easily 800 rounds through mine and have never had a single hiccup of a problem.

Ed Ames
February 26, 2009, 09:43 AM
The trigger is long, hard, and rough... but for all of that they are very controllable and perfectly combat accurate. Mine has gone off every time, hit within a few inches of where I wanted, and in general has embarrassed its betters at every opportunity.

I used one to take my CHL test. Did better than the guy next to me with a glock by a mile.

greenjeans
February 26, 2009, 08:48 PM
Tough trigger, but I can hit what I want to with mine. Never had a failure.

g17voodoo
February 26, 2009, 10:07 PM
Best bet is to put alot of time in at the range getting used to the trigger. Or better yet, have a good gunsmith work it over after they assign you one.

stonecutter2
February 26, 2009, 10:16 PM
I like my SW9VE Sigma. It's always fired when I want it to, without fail. That alone is a good feeling, knowing you have a reliable sidearm. It's handled every type of ammo I've thrown at it, too.

I'd recommend, as the others have, at getting used to the trigger pull. I think you might find yourself pulling the barrel of the pistol down with the long double action trigger pull - I did, and once i focused on that correcting that, it's placed my shots very near wherever I want them to be, and always fired when i expected it to.

I would say the only downside is the super funky rail under the barrel on mine. I guess you have to buy an adapter for it to put any accessories on...i haven't yet, but it's kind of lame they didn't just put a standard rail on it.

cAlvis
February 27, 2009, 08:19 AM
New Sigmas (VE) are great guns. Trigger pull is designed to be long and heavy. Should not be gritty though. If it feels rough, S&W will smooth it out for free.

As for accuracy. Tell your buddies that the hard DO trigger will help them learn better trigger finger control. Hard triggers can be difficult for some people to shoot accurately. Like the others have reported, I have found mine to be very accurate.

I would say the only downside is the super funky rail under the barrel on mine. I guess you have to buy an adapter for it to put any accessories on...i haven't yet, but it's kind of lame they didn't just put a standard rail on it.

+1+ Why would you put a funky rail on a production gun???

GizmoHD
March 11, 2009, 12:42 AM
I use an SW40VE for my carry gun.. And once I did the 'trigger fix' and removed the outer spring my trigger is as smooth as it's ever been.. For the price and how accurate mine is (about 5-6" groups at 15 yards, but i've been shooting in the military and since ive been out for a long time now.) I couldnt complain one bit. I also replaced the stock guide bar with a steel one with a 19lb spring (+1 over stock) add that to the form fitting slip on grip (the name eludes me at this time) and it fit's my 6'6" 300lb frame nicely for cc

wankerjake
March 11, 2009, 01:16 AM
I like my SW9VE. The trigger pull is tough at first but i actually like it now. It took a couple hundred round to get used to I'll admit but other than that I have no complaints. As far as accuracy goes, pic #1 was 10 shots at either 7 or 10 yards, I can't remember. I was sitting, resting my hand on the bench. 7 shots are touching as you can see. Pic #2 was 12 shots offhand at 7 yards. Stedy pace, not rapid fire but not taking my time either. Pic 3 was 18 shots at 7 yards offhand. The first 12 were just steady, the last six were rapid pretty rapid. I'm sure lots of people can do better than that, but what more do you want out of a defensive handgun? I'm just an average joe with no training, I'm sure the sigma would really shine in more capable hands. I have thrown away plenty of targets with better groups than those, I haven't been out much and am out of practice. I can't get my Sig p6 to group that well with a single action trigger.

feudalson
March 11, 2009, 01:25 AM
i love mine... but i did a trigger job on mine to lessen the trigger pull mines accurate and reliable... the trigger pull is the only problem most ppl have that and some other made up stuff usaully posted by ppl that dont and havent ever owned or fired one

feudalson
March 11, 2009, 01:26 AM
the insight m4 tactical lights fit the sigmave

Des
March 11, 2009, 01:45 AM
Well it's like this the sigma had a bad wrap when first introduced. This is a new era 3rd generation Sigma. I was in the Army for along time and shot alot of weapons (including pistols) The SWVE (allied forces) is the one I own and I'd put my life on it. Easy to field strip, never has misfired had 2 mis feeds in about 700-800 rounds do to the cheap ammo I was useing. THE TRIGGER IS A LONG PULL! But once used to it I can shoot the center out of any target from 10 to 25 yards easy. Sounds to me like to me that it's the ammo or the shooter in your case. But don't get me wrong theres a dud in every crowd ask them to switch weapons around. If they have the same results with the same person or the same gun you know your answer......

denfoote
March 11, 2009, 04:50 AM
Most negative comments are talking about the older model.

My "older model" SW40F still goes bang and accurately too!! ;)

Delford
March 11, 2009, 10:20 AM
I shot the SV9VE and it only took a few minutes to get used to the trigger. It was my most accurate shooting that day. I also shot a S&W 1911 Police, an Advanced Arms .22lr 1911 and a S&W 586 using .38 spcl. My second best accuracy was with the 1911.

gglass
March 11, 2009, 11:21 AM
SW Sigma
Hey guys I work for a private security company and they just bought a bunch of the SW sigmas for one of our new contracts. A couple of my coworker went to the range to qualify to get there hand gun permits last weekend and they all said its a piece of junk. I have never handled one or shot one but i do remember a while ago S&W was giving them away when you bought a M&P or AR from them. The guys said its not accurate at all. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

There is nothing even remotely accurate about the rumors you have heard.

The Sigma is far from junk. It is a very reliable, yet affordable handgun. It does not have any of the frills of more expensive handguns like fully adjustable sights, interchangeable backstraps or a ambidextrous mag release, but it fills a niche in the market.

The Sigma is also a very accurate pistol in the right hands. With a heavy 12-pound DAO trigger pull, many people will have to learn better trigger control to maintain accuracy.

I have NEVER heard of any Sigma giveaways from Smith & Wesson. I don't know how a cash back or free magazine offers can be misconstrued into FREE Gun offers is beyond me.

You will be just fine with a Sigma.

lsu hunter
March 11, 2009, 04:57 PM
I just traded one of my bows for a SW40VE. It is the first handgun I have ever owned. My father is an NOPD officer so I have been shooting a wide range of rifles/pistols/assault weapons. I must say that this gun is awesome. Once you get used to the trigger pull(which I rather like) this thing is spot on. Just like in golf, it is more the person using the equipment than the equipment itself.

Oro
March 11, 2009, 10:15 PM
I have NEVER heard of any Sigma giveaways from Smith & Wesson. I don't know how a cash back or free magazine offers can be misconstrued into FREE Gun offers is beyond me.

There was a promotion last year, first quarter or late spring IIRC, where a $99 Sigma was given with each M&P15 purchased - you could buy the Sigma for $99. The OP is not mistaken about this, but it was $99, not free. I recall the promotion quite well, though I did not buy an M&P15.

warehouseman18
December 6, 2009, 11:44 PM
I have an SW9VE and i was wondering if any of you all could tell me how to feild strip it to clean it. And also if there was anything I could do about the discoloring of the plastic frame below the barrel. Thanks.

sarduy
December 7, 2009, 02:26 AM
i also agree,

the sigma is one of my favorite handguns, if not the favorite that i own next to my glock-17, it's something about that pistol that i like. i own other handguns but when i first try the sigma (sw40ve) the first thing that i though was "umm the trigger is harder (i didn't say bad) and that's is great for a carry gun with no extra safety, so i liked the trigger right away. sure it takes getting use to it even more if you come from a 1911, but it's like any other DAO revolver out there.

Long story short...

i liked the .40 so much that i purchase two a SW40VE & SW9VE, the 9mm is to practice and get more trigger time for the money and the .40sw is my carry gun. they both are accurate and very very reliable so far.
http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/43547/2743599940095461090S600x600Q85.jpg (http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2743599940095461090ohBLhE)

Avenger29
December 7, 2009, 02:34 AM

While it will generally go bang, I would not bet my life on one if I had a choice...(and I don't recall S&W ever giving away one with the purchase of their other guns...magazine offers, yes).

Your security company brought them for one reason. They were the cheapest things they could get their hands on that didn't have HiPoint/Lorcin/Raven on the side of them.

Jed Carter
December 7, 2009, 04:53 AM
The security company you work for is run by cheapskates, no slight on the Sigma, but they are going for around $250 retail, bet they spent even less . Hope they don't shop for the cheapest bullet resistant vests. Looks like Hi-Point would not cut anything off their price, consider yourself lucky.

Mastifflover
December 7, 2009, 06:44 AM
Oh how the Sigma bashers love to congregate.:fire: Talk to the people that actually own one and you'll find that most believe that they have a great gun, me included. After a couple hundred rounds, which I believe every new gun should get for a break in the trigger smooths out just fine. I can shoot my Sigma 9ve much better than my dad's Beretta 92 and I spent about $350 less than he did. :D Oh by the way, I have had 0 malfunctions with my gun and he has about 10 through 500 rouds.:barf:

OldMac
December 7, 2009, 07:14 AM
Got one with a laser Thanksgiving day at Gander Mountain for $259 (after S&W $50 rebate, $10 Coupon, and $80 Gander Mountain Bucks). I haven't put the laser on but it should be worth $25. The first box of White Box ammo shot 2" groups at 25 yards. I don't get more accurate than that with a pistol.

Avenger29
December 7, 2009, 12:56 PM
Oh how the Sigma bashers love to congregate.

Telling the truth is not bashing. Deal with it.

NinjaFeint
December 7, 2009, 01:47 PM
I shot one at the Smith and Wesson range, it seemed accurate enough. I bought a Glock instead due to a number of things but if my budget was limited I would have no qualms about carrying one.

Big Bill
December 7, 2009, 08:26 PM
I just bought a Sigma SW9VE. So far, it's very accurate and I haven't had a jam or misfire. And BTW, I like the trigger.

doc540
December 7, 2009, 09:33 PM
Bought three of them.

Great guns for the money, and S&W improved the triggers on their dime.

Yo Mama
December 7, 2009, 09:41 PM
I have no problems with the Sigma, other than for a duty gun. The company is being cheap, and there are numberous other options I'd rather my employees be armed with for around the same price.

ugaarguy
December 7, 2009, 10:02 PM
The company is being cheap, and there are numberous other options I'd rather my employees be armed with for around the same price.
What are the numberous (sic) other options, available for around $300, that you'd rather carry?

Onward Allusion
December 7, 2009, 10:09 PM
This is based on my personal experience and nothing else.

I've been shooting these pistols for the last 2 years and fell in love with them. They fit my medium sized hands perfectly, are as accurate as I am, and are as reliable for me as the day is long. To top all of that off, they are some of the lowest cost reliable pistols on the market.

I now have 5 (four 3rd Gen & one 1st Gen) of them and each and every one of them has not caused me any problems. You will hear some folks complain that the trigger is horrible. Well, all I can say is that the trigger is very similar to a revolver being shot in double action mode. Some folks these days are not used to shooting DA revolvers. I'm planning on passing them along to my boys when they turn 21.

I get 1.5" to 2" groups with mine at 7 yards, and that's with ME shooting - some guy who wears bifocals!

In closing, I guess it could be dumb luck that I have 5 of them and never ran into problems, but what are the odds, eh?

devildog4329 (http://www.thehighroad.org/member.php?u=87249)

SW Sigma

mljdeckard
December 7, 2009, 10:25 PM
My 1st gen .40 was so bad, I still won't touch another S&W auto. And, yes, I really did own it. Front sight fell out, wouldn't feed anything, had to have the feed ramp milled, slide-stop spring broke, and the front sight fell out. It's an example of what happens when a gun maker cuts every possible corner on an already cheap gun.

Get a used Glock.

Big Bill
December 7, 2009, 10:48 PM
What are the numberous (sic) other options, available for around $300, that you'd rather carry?How about a Ruger P95? $300 at Buds...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/18158

ugaarguy
December 8, 2009, 04:40 AM
My 1st gen .40 was so bad, I still won't touch another S&W auto. And, yes, I really did own it. Front sight fell out, wouldn't feed anything, had to have the feed ramp milled, slide-stop spring broke, and the front sight fell out. It's an example of what happens when a gun maker cuts every possible corner on an already cheap gun.

Get a used Glock.
Your used Glock logic is flawed, because you're comparing it to a new Sigma. By your logic we should all be buying used Springfield Loaded (base model) or Kimber Custom II / Classic Custom (again, base model) 1911s, because you can get those for the same price as a new Glock, and those guns blow Glock out of the water for what you get. You've also admitted in a previous thread that you never sent the gun back to S&W to let them fix it. Instead, you had a local gun smith hack on it. As far as Glock's superiority, you might want to read this http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/phase3.html. You should also keep in mind that Glock is the firearm make with a warning in both Surefire and Streamlight weapon light instructions cautioning that malfunctions may occur when a light is placed on the integrated rail.

What are the numberous (sic) other options, available for around $300, that you'd rather carry?
How about a Ruger P95? $300 at Buds...

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ducts_id/18158
Big Bill, you've named the only other new semi-auto I know of that competes with the Sigma on price and quality. Even with a caveat to Mljdeckard's used Glock suggestion, that's only two real competitors at the price point. Two is not a numerous quantity.

Onward Allusion
December 8, 2009, 09:39 AM
+1 on the Ruger

ugaarguy (http://www.thehighroad.org/member.php?u=27279)
Big Bill, you've named the only other new semi-auto I know of that competes with the Sigma on price and quality. Even with a caveat to Mljdeckard's used Glock suggestion, that's only two real competitors at the price point. Two is not a numerous quantity. Last edited by ugaarguy; Today at 01:48 AM.

mljdeckard
December 8, 2009, 10:13 AM
My local gunsmith hack did authorized S&W warranty work on it, didn't charge me. It worked fine after that but I still didn't trust it. It was like driving a car with a rebuild in the title.

I bought a used Glock and carried it for years, darn near error-free. I bought a new Kimber Custom II which is the gun I use for everything, I don't ever see myself getting rid of it, it's very worn and still runs flawlessly. New or used is a perfectly fair comparison if every gun I have picked up BESIDES that new Sigma BEFORE OR SINCE has run better. Any company can make a lemon, but in the case of the Sigma, S&W planted a lemon farm, and had to make a new generation because it was so bad. The reason it angers me so much, is because there is not a reason on this planet why it couldn't have been done right the first time. You try to push off my experience as irrelevant, but it still happened. It's up to the reader to decide how much smoke equals fire, but when people ask for Sigma opinions, you can betcher bippie I will give it to them every time. I bought one, and this is what happened.

doc540
December 8, 2009, 10:40 AM
SIGMA, new, lifetime warranty, $250

My truck gun.

ugaarguy
December 8, 2009, 01:41 PM
It worked fine after that but I still didn't trust it. It was like driving a car with a rebuild in the title.
Any company can make a lemon, but in the case of the Sigma, S&W planted a lemon farm, and had to make a new generation because it was so bad. The reason it angers me so much, is because there is not a reason on this planet why it couldn't have been done right the first time. You try to push off my experience as irrelevant, but it still happened. It's up to the reader to decide how much smoke equals fire, but when people ask for Sigma opinions, you can betcher bippie I will give it to them every time. I bought one, and this is what happened.
Get a used Glock.
Glock finally stood up and took notice when the NYPD contacted Sturm Ruger and requested pricing and delivery times for that company to replace every Glock Model 19 currently in use by the department with one of the Ruger P-series 9 X 19mm pistols. In response, Glock began taking a look at the extractor and the geometry of the surfaces of the slide and barrel hood in the area of the ejection port. As a result of this situation Glock began to make an earnest effort to correct the problem by making modifications to the design of the Model 19.

2.- In June 2002 NYPD revealed their own euphensim for this problem:

The Glock Remediation Program, designed to correct a rare but critical malfunction, began in June 2002. A total of 10,388 pistols were remediated in 2002 by Glock personnel in a special facility. This is nearly half of all Glock pistols used by members of the service. The Glock Remediation Program is ongoing and has been incorporated into cycle 2003-1, when all re*main*ing un*re*med*i*ated Glocks will be modified. In add*ition, all Glock pistols remediated in 2002 will be inspected. (NYPD Press Release)

21,000 pistols in police service sounds like one heck of a lemon farm to me. Ohh wait, a used Glock with unknown history, and no written warranty, is always better than a new S&W with a written lifetime warranty. :rolleyes:

Pops 1
December 8, 2009, 02:39 PM
NYPD does not issue pistols, officers buy their on from a list of approved firearms. Ruger is not even on that list

Yo Mama
December 8, 2009, 02:54 PM
Big Bill, you've named the only other new semi-auto I know of that competes with the Sigma on price and quality. Even with a caveat to Mljdeckard's used Glock suggestion, that's only two real competitors at the price point. Two is not a numerous quantity.

Ruger as listed, EAA EZ9 or the Witness, Taurus pt anything :o, Bersa Thunder, even the used Sig p6 is a fantastic gun. Then we go to wheel guns: a good .357 Taurus or even a S & W is 350 dollars.

Bottom line, the "security" company is being damn cheap trying to spend 300 dollars on a duty weapon.

warehouseman18
December 8, 2009, 08:21 PM
Never mind my supervisor showed me how to do it.

mljdeckard
December 8, 2009, 08:35 PM
So, a company builds a really successful new kind of fire extinguisher. It revolutionizes the fire extinguisher industry by doing it very successfully, at least as well as it had been done before, mostly better. It changes how everyone thinks about fire extinguishers, except for some old timers who never change their minds about anything.

Then Acme builds a knock-off of this fire extinguisher. (So close that the original company successfully SUES them.) Exactly the same except the grip fits your hand better, and the lever pull is about three times heavier than the original. But the fire suppression publications rave about it, put it on the cover, and tout it as the next new thing. So you, being young and impressionable, believing everything you read in magazines, go and buy one. You figure that this is the newer, better version of the original that you can trust your life to.

Then as you are carrying this fire extinguisher home, The handle breaks off and it falls to the ground. You think to yourself; "That's odd. I must have gotten the one in a million that the factory screwed up. Oh well, I'm sure they will be happy to fix it." And the local repairman rolls his eyes as he puts a new lever on. Then you drive it home, and when you pull it out of your car, the nozzle isn't on it. It broke off on the seat. You drive back to the repairman, who doesn't say anything as he fixes it again. Then you test fire it, and it doesn't work. And something else breaks.

Now, I'll admit, I grew up in southern Utah, so I'm a little bit slow on the uptake, but I THINK, that when you buy a tool to SAVE YOUR LIFE, and everything on it is BREAKING, that's not a tool you can trust. Is the smart move to tell yourself, "Well geez, I've already replaced half of the critical parts, it HAS to work now!" or do you ask yourself; "If everything else broke, how can I trust the REST of it to work?" If this is a tool you are trusting your life to. GET RID OF IT< AND USE THE TOOL THAT SEEMS TO WORKK JUST FINE. Which I did. A LOT. No problems. Is it possible for the original brand of fire extinguisher to have problems? Of course it is. Nothing is going to have a perfect production rate. But there are items that are statistically much more likely to be successful.

As time goes by, I see Acme fire extinguishers, and I have a fire extinguisher that I know works. Is there any reason on this planet I should consider getting another Acme?

So then, years later, I see a guy who is looking to buy an Acme fire extinguisher. I hear him asking the guy behind the counter; "I like the way this feels. How well do they work? I mean, I'm trusting my life to it, I want to know it is good." Should I shut up? Should I LIE and tell them mine was fine? Or should I tell him what happened and let him decide?

feudalson
December 8, 2009, 09:53 PM
sadly mljdeckard i dont believe that your sigma feel apart twice... i and my father both have the sw9ve and they so far have been great... almost all who own them will tell u they are great... reliable and accurate... gun snobs however will tell u all kinds of things that are wrong with them yet they have no idea what they are talking about ... get a used glock instead of a new sigma... pure gun snob garbage... the difference between a new glock and a new sigma in my opinion is roughly 300 bucks and comfort in hand..

mljdeckard
December 8, 2009, 10:24 PM
So I'm making this up for poops and giggles. I have.......all kinds of reasons to lie, don't I?

I'll tell you what's at least as bad as a gun snob. Someone who bought something cheap, and is praying that they didn't buy some magic beans, so they believe everything good about it, and refuse to believe anything bad.

feudalson
December 8, 2009, 10:36 PM
hey im just saying... 2 pages full of good comments and like 3 bad ones... mostly saying that gun cant be good its only 250 new holy crap ..

mljdeckard
December 8, 2009, 10:38 PM
Fanboys want to pretend there are NONE.

Deltaboy
December 8, 2009, 10:48 PM
I got a Sigma 40 ve last year and like a S&W it goes bang and hits the 9 and X at 15 yards. While they had some issues early on Smith got the kinks out and the VE series are fine SA for the money. I carry mine regularly. But I dislike and would not own a KA-BOOM Glock with it's non fully supported chamber. Try it and see how it works for you.

feudalson
December 8, 2009, 10:52 PM
hey i just call em how i see em ... its been a good gun to me so far...

mljdeckard
December 8, 2009, 11:32 PM
Why do you think I'm doing anything other than exactly that?

feudalson
December 8, 2009, 11:46 PM
just hard to believe that ur sigma fell apart.... twice...

mljdeckard
December 8, 2009, 11:59 PM
Front sight fell out. Would not feed any ammo. (Including the hydra-shoks that they tested it with.) Feed ramp needed to be milled. Slide-stop spring broke. Trigger failed to return forward. Each of these problems occurred one after the other over about two months, the first time after I got it back from the shop. They were laughing out loud at me.

feudalson
December 9, 2009, 01:00 AM
well it sounds like you got a lemon man... mine feeds everything... im over a thousand rounds in and not one hiccup ....

Bullnettles
December 9, 2009, 11:11 PM
Ditto on the above. Mine eats anything, including some incorrectly sized 40 reloads (bottom is belled). I wish you could get a good trigger job though.

CorpITGuy
December 10, 2009, 09:35 AM
I'm another satisfied Sigma 40VE owner. No failures of any kind so far.

bluntarski
December 10, 2009, 09:36 AM
I just recently pulled the extra spring from mine and the trigger feels about half the pull it did previously. It took me about 10 minutes. There is a youtube video on how to do it. Link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D626_sbknQo

This little bit of work makes the gune drastically better. For the cost, it's a good gun.

Kingofthehill
December 10, 2009, 09:45 AM
Their great guns for the $$$... Sure there are better out there but you will pay for it.

I have a few and Love em'!... Don't mind the haters... X Brand is better than X.. Blah Blah Blah...

JOe

Yo Mama
December 10, 2009, 05:14 PM
I just recently pulled the extra spring from mine and the trigger feels about half the pull it did previously. It took me about 10 minutes. There is a youtube video on how to do it. Link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D626_sbknQo

This little bit of work makes the gune drastically better. For the cost, it's a good gun.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I just discussed this. It's a bad idea, EVEN IF IT WORKS! Yes, I know it reduces the weight, but if it was really this easy S & W would have just told the other thousands of users to do this. They didn't, they said to send them back so a GUNSMITH could work on the trigger. It wasn't cheap for them to do this, so believe me they would have loved nothing more than to tell you to take a spring out. Gun can now malfunction, and also your now liable for any malfunctions.

Don't listen to everything on utube!

Yo Mama
December 10, 2009, 05:16 PM
hey im just saying... 2 pages full of good comments and like 3 bad ones... mostly saying that gun cant be good its only 250 new holy crap ..

DANGER, SEARCH WILL ROBINSON! There are alot more than just 3 bad lemons here.

HspncElvis
October 11, 2010, 11:03 PM
My Sigma has proved to be a fantastic gun. Accurate, reliable, and all in all, a great gun. I have not had ONE problem with it. I'd recommend the Sigma 9mm!!!

ET
October 11, 2010, 11:20 PM
I own a Sigma 40ve. It is a very good gun. I had the factory smooth up the trigger pull when in was in for a striker problem that my friend caused by dry firing it as he was racking the slide...over & over again. If I had known he was going to do that I would have kicked him out of the house. He said he was loosening up the trigger. Well, when I got the Sigma back from S&W it was smoother and broke evenly every time. You can do the same thing at home if you know what to do.

If you can't shoot this gun accurately then you don't have proper trigger technique. I have no problems shooting tight groups at 15 yards & 25 yards. Plus the gun is totally reliable. I have never had a single ftf with this gun. The members who wouldn't trust their lives to this gun probably have never owned one.

DonRon
October 13, 2010, 12:10 PM
I will never buy a S&W product ever again because of this:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/smith-wesson_dark.htm

Johnny Guest
October 18, 2010, 09:48 AM
Let's see - -
A thread which had gracefully died out TEN MONTHS AGO is revived by One Member With an Agenda. One Other mentions this and a major squabble brews up, with resultant, easily predictable, consequences.

And some wonder why Staffers are bothered by revival of older threads . . . .
:rolleyes:

CLOSED. (Dead and buried, and the ground sown with salt.)

If you enjoyed reading about "SW Sigma" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!