God Loves Me, for now anyway...

PDA

Evenflo76
February 10, 2009, 03:13 PM
So today I picked up my NIB RIA compact ( cs as it was advertised ). $396 shipped off gunbroker. Very happy.

While examining the pistol during the call in, I noticed that it came with checkered grips. Very cool as the stock smooth grips in the picture left something to be desired IMO. I took another look and noticed that the rear sight was a bit larger than the expected standard GI setup. Upon closer inspection I noticed the cuts in the slide look like Novak cuts. VERY COOL!

After getting it home I took a look at the hand written inspection certificate attached to the fired case envelope. It stated "RIA cs TAC". Yes, I paid for a standard Compact and got a Compact Tactical!!!!!! :neener::neener: at least as far as the slide goes. Further research shows that the slide exactly resembles the Hi Standard Crusader Compact, except it has the RIA roll mark.

If anyone else ordered one of these from Bellshire Hardware off gunbroker in the last few weeks, I hope you got the same. Here are some crappy pics:

http://evenflo.smugmug.com/photos/471316844_eLDTH-XL.jpg

http://evenflo.smugmug.com/photos/471316414_fPm7p-XL.jpg

http://evenflo.smugmug.com/photos/471316639_DNXji-XL.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "God Loves Me, for now anyway..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
3pairs12
February 10, 2009, 03:23 PM
Congrats.

yosarian
February 10, 2009, 03:27 PM
Lucky sob ,nice score looks good.:)

Evenflo76
February 10, 2009, 03:38 PM
Yosarian, you need to change your sig line again!

yosarian
February 10, 2009, 03:45 PM
I will thank you.

Thomas Garrett
February 10, 2009, 04:11 PM
I got my Bi-Tone from Bellshire Hardware. Phill is great to deal with. Congrats with your Compact. You'll enjoy it!

Killermonkey21
February 11, 2009, 01:57 AM
If its anything like a HS Compact Crusader you're going to love it. I bought my HS:CC as my CC piece and after putting a set of thin grips on it, with a kramer holster, I love it. 8 rounds of .45 ACP right there on my hip.

Congrats on the acquisition! If you're going to carry it IWB I would suggest thing grips, as well. They were only $30 for nice rosewood and they slim up the gun along with flush grip screw bushings.

Have fun and let us know how she shoots. Mine has been utterly reliable, except for one Novak mag that didn't like to feed JHP's.

rondog
February 11, 2009, 02:12 AM
Congrats! You're gonna love it! I carry mine every day, so I gave up on trying to keep it pretty. AFA grips, I got a great deal on some used Lasergrips, so I just keep those on it. But I have a really pretty pair of thin grips (not for sale), got 'em from woodgrips.com.

WardenWolf
February 11, 2009, 02:58 AM
Does the back side of that sticker say "Collaborate and listen"?

Or is that "Hammer time!"

Congrats, man. Very nice pistol.

got 'em from woodgrips.com.

I will personally attest to their quality, then. I got some of those for my father's 1911, and he was blown away when he saw them.

Beagle-zebub
February 11, 2009, 03:55 AM
Does the back side of that sticker say "Collaborate and listen"?

Or is that "Hammer time!"

Actually, it's "in the name of love." The guys at Rock have good enough taste to steer clear of Ice and Hammer.

Evenflo76
February 11, 2009, 08:58 AM
If its anything like a HS Compact Crusader you're going to love it

I already do

"Hammer time!"

Hammer time is coming soon. there will be a new thread on that :)

Also, I think these grips are pretty nice compared to the fatter, smoother grips I've seen in previous pictures. These are slim Rosewood, with checkering. I'll be sure to check that link though. Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "God Loves Me, for now anyway..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!