New .45

PDA

spfn7
February 10, 2009, 08:27 PM
I was wondering if I should buy this
http://springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=11

I'm just wondering the overall quality of this pistol. I was thinking of either buying this or the full size xd pistol.

If you enjoyed reading about "New .45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CU74
February 10, 2009, 08:33 PM
IMHO, the Springfield Armory 1911-series pistols are quality firearms. If you polled the members here you would get many good reviews and very few bad ones.

chris in va
February 10, 2009, 08:34 PM
Are you specifically looking at a 'hicap' pistol like that one? Traditional 1911's are single stack.

Frankly I just wouldn't want something so bare bones with the tiny sights and basic setup. Most 1911 owners tend to 'upgrade' various parts, so you may be better off getting something already fluffed, like the Taurus PT1911 or RIA Tactical. Both are excellent values from what I understand.

Guitargod1985
February 10, 2009, 11:54 PM
It's probably a great pistol, given SA's track record. That said, I personally find double stack "1911's" to be an abomination inspired by Satan himself.

If you enjoyed reading about "New .45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!