My Apologies.

PDA

McKevrox
February 11, 2009, 01:06 AM
To The Mods,

I have now seen your point. My thread was indeed of no importance. I realized that right after reading this thread entitled:

"Dude Pulls a Plaxico"...
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=427127

Man, sorry for being such a newbie.

My post became even more irrelevant after reading these:

"You might be a 'gun nut' if...."
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=184134

"Manly Breakfast"
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=427078

Sadly, I think my post just reinforced certain negative stereotypes about gun owners. And anyone new to 2nd amendment issues and this forum might come here and immediately be turned off by it.

Again, my apologies. Thanks for setting me straight. These are important issues and I should be posting items of more importance. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "My Apologies." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PotatoJudge
February 11, 2009, 01:25 AM
A couple of things:
What thread?
With 11 of your 25 (lets go ahead and call it 12) posts in locked threads, perhaps THR isn't the place for the discussions you seem to be drawn to. I don't mean to say you're not welcome, or that we're not happy to have you contribute, but just that THR (especially recently) has significantly and purposely limited the scope of content toward the administrations' end goals. If this doesn't include topics you are most interested in discussing, then find some place that does.

You might try armedpolitesociety.com or limit your posts on THR to topics of a more technical nature. That's what I do when I see myself about to get crossways on a social or political issue. Internet fighting just isn't worth the time.

JohnKSa
February 11, 2009, 05:26 AM
Only 5 days a member and already telling the mods how to do their job.

Impressive!

I think I can speak for all of the 81,000+ members who joined more than 5 days ago and who contributed the more than 5 MILLION posts that drew you to THR.

We are all extremely concerned to hear that after being a member for 5 days you have decided that you are unhappy with how things are done at THR. Therefore all the members (all 81,000 of us) are ready and willing to happily abandon the current mode of operation that has served so well for over half a decade and do things your way instead.

bikerdoc
February 11, 2009, 05:30 AM
McKevrox,
I am impressed that you went public with an apology. I respect you for it. Welcome to THR.
Now Pm the mod in the future, they really are a good bunch of guys.
Don't forget the first thursdsy of each month is praise the mod day, I expect a post from you on 3/5/09:D

Robert
February 11, 2009, 10:41 AM
Going for that Junior Moderator badge I see...

bikerdoc
February 11, 2009, 11:17 AM
Negative, actually just having some some fun without making fun

If you enjoyed reading about "My Apologies." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!