Bought a new CZ 75B today!!

PDA

OleCodger
February 11, 2009, 12:16 PM
:D Actually, I bought it through Guns America. Should be here in a couple of days. Like a kid at Christmas await'n on Santa. Probably paid too much for it but so what's new??!! :uhoh: Local gun dealers couldn't come up with one.

Since probably no one has ever seen a CZ 75B before, I may post a picture later this week so stand by! :o

If you enjoyed reading about "Bought a new CZ 75B today!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kamagong
February 11, 2009, 02:43 PM
Congrats on a good gun.

Nugilum
February 11, 2009, 02:52 PM
Well if it's anything like mine, You'll love it! :)

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/nugilum/cz-75-black_finish_350.jpg

It's my most accurate 9mm I own. I truly enjoy shooting this one. :D

Standard Range Report Required! :evil:

OleCodger
February 11, 2009, 03:50 PM
Nugilum, You saved me the trouble of trying to find my Ansco 120 Sureshot Box Camera!!!!.....mine is supposed to be the spittin' image. Hopefully it will be here Friday.....coming out of Florida. Looking forward to breaking it in. Hope that it's pretty easy to take down for cleaning. If it shoots half as good as it looks, it will be a winner.

NG VI
February 11, 2009, 04:13 PM
It's easy to take down, just bring the slide back about a quarter inch or so, there will be marks on the frame and slide to line up, and push the slide stop out from right to left. Pull the slide forward off the frame, and you are done.

OleCodger
February 11, 2009, 04:19 PM
Tnx NG......sounds about the same as a 1911. Will take her down and give a good soaking probably in kerosene to get rid of the manufacturing gunk ...cosmoline or what ever. Can't wait to run a couple of hundred through it. Been looking at the 75B for several months and finally made the leap. This rounds out my collection..it's the last gun that I'll buy................:rolleyes:

Hanafuda
February 11, 2009, 04:47 PM
Nice. I also aspire to own a 75b, since the Sig P210 isn't likely to ever be in my budget.

wbwanzer
February 11, 2009, 07:11 PM
Congrats on getting a new CZ. I've got a P-01 that I like very much. Hope you enjoy yours.

CZF
February 11, 2009, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the World of CZ!
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/czstim2.jpg

NG VI
February 11, 2009, 09:39 PM
First CZ? Definitely not the last handgun you will buy! You should see if there are any 40Bs left out there for a decent price, I got mine for $289 this summer. So cheap for a pistol that is actually manufactured to slightly higher standards than most factory CZs, what with the braided recoil spring and stainless guiderod. Sweet gun, priced sooo right, I don't know if you can handle buying another right now, but in the future, I see more CZ for you.

OleCodger
February 11, 2009, 09:50 PM
Yeah, it's my first. Almost bought one last fall but opted for my first 1911 (Taurus). Seems like I said that would be my last??? And before that......ahhhhhh, it's an incurable disease so might as well enjoy! Going to have to wait until I get the fun account built back up before I get serious again but I'll possibly begin just "looking" at the used 40B market.

Biggest problem though is convincing the Redhead that they're all a good investment and their value will only continue to increase. She's beginning to seriously doubt that statement!!! Her real problem is that she thinks that ONE gun is all a man needs.

I already know the CZ is more accurate than I'll ever be. I just hope that it doesn't "snicker" when I throw one 15 inches off to the left and low........:banghead:

burningsquirrels
February 11, 2009, 11:21 PM
CZs are terrible. see if gunsamerica has a return policy.

OleCodger
February 12, 2009, 05:42 AM
U trying to throw water on my fire??!!

bikerdoc
February 12, 2009, 06:10 AM
You will be forever changed, 40 years of owning guns and my CZ 75 compact is my favorite
Congats, put 1k of rounds through it and the trigger will smooth out.

burningsquirrels
February 12, 2009, 07:38 AM
just pokin at ya... :D

that gun will run forever. :)

OleCodger
February 12, 2009, 07:46 AM
Yeah, I read some of your previous posts and you'd make a goodwill ambassador for CZ.......wellllllll, that might be stretching it just a bit......:uhoh:

burningsquirrels
February 12, 2009, 07:57 AM
lol :D

Pilot
February 12, 2009, 08:36 AM
Well, its a start. Next a 75D-PCR or P-01, RAMI, SP-01, 97B...........:evil:

NG VI
February 12, 2009, 11:02 AM
but I'll possibly begin just "looking" at the used 40B market.

The 40B I bought this summer wasn't used, see what a deal they are?

Rough on the ole lady, hopefully she'll come around if prices start to go up or legislative foolishness gets going. Mine is happy so long as I get her some stuff to distract her. It's a nice arrangement. Bought a Glock 23 in September, bought her a few seasons of sex and the city around the same time. Flawless execution.

burningsquirrels
February 12, 2009, 11:08 AM
they're running about 350-400 if you can find them now.

the 40b is my favorite pistol, but at the rate i shoot i need something more sustainable. i wish i could get an sp-01 in 40sw, but 3-gun is running me into the ground.

Davionmaximus
February 12, 2009, 11:11 AM
Congratz!!! I am soooo jealous :evil:

NG VI
February 12, 2009, 12:53 PM
Glad I bought 'em when I did then!

distra
February 12, 2009, 02:17 PM
I put cocobolo grips on mine just to spruce it up a bit, but the 75B is a sweeeeet shooting pistol! :D No mater how much you paid, you will never regret the purchase. Check out http://www.czforum.com lots of good information here. I've only had mine a couple weeks, but it's rapidly becoming my favorite 9mm pistol. :D

wheelgunslinger
February 12, 2009, 08:31 PM
Yeah, it's hard to beat something so nice. There are more expensive choices that don't function better and have worse ergos and looks.
It's a smart buy you will be happy about for a long long time.

Wesson Smith
February 12, 2009, 09:06 PM
Like another reader here, I also have the P-01. It's my favorite 9MM in my collection. You're really gonna enjoy your CZ!

whitefeather
February 12, 2009, 09:57 PM
After you've had some fun plinkin' with the 9mm, move up to the 97B and experience the apex of .45 SA/DA gun crafting. I picked up a used one last summer and it rivals my best 1911 for accuracy, but with super soft recoil.

Definately not a good choice for CCW (it's rather large...small hands need not apply), but you won't find a better made, silky smooth and extremely accurate .45 ACP autoloader than a 97B.

OleCodger
February 13, 2009, 07:16 AM
It's like teasing a kid two days before Christmas how much he's going to enjoy that new toy!!! Makes those two days seem like a year. No, seriously, I appreacite all the encouraging responses and not A SINGLE BASH which is unbeliebably refreshing. :D Well, BurningSquirrels tried but couldn't keep a straight face.........:uhoh:

It was supposed to have been shipped out of Florida on Wednesday by priority mail so there's a good chance it wil be here today. I may have to leave work taking a day of "anticipated" sick leave to see if it makes it. Already checked weather for tomorrow and it's in the low 50's with wind. So will probably go to the local range as soon as I can get her cleaned up and ready to dance.

Now it's "confession" time. By the time I pay shipping and local FFL, it's going to cost me in the upper $500's but I was willing to shell it out. We have three local gun stores and no one could find one from their wholesaler sorces. One had a used one that had not been taken care of for $400. It was worth almost another two to get that "new car smell".......:evil: Ahhhhh, after all, it's just money......and the government seems to have plenty of it these days. As soon as I get it, I'm going to use my "spread the wealth" check to buy ammo........:cuss:

OleCodger
February 13, 2009, 07:21 AM
I ran the sn on your '40 through CID and it's definitely a stolen gun......taken from my neighbor's house about a year ago.................he said that he'd drop charges if you'd ship it to me and I'll hand it over to him.........oh, and by the way, I'm not in law enforcement......normally just a bounty hunter......:evil:

NG VI
February 13, 2009, 08:14 AM
Did I mention that the 75B is the most dangerous handgun since the Nambu Type 94? You better swap me yours for my stolen 40B!

:neener:

OleCodger
February 13, 2009, 08:19 AM
LOL!

stormspotter
February 13, 2009, 08:30 AM
Just took delivery of a new P-01 last night, came with 2 hi-caps. Spent the evening cleaning it and getting it ready to go pop some primers today (hopefully).

Going to order a Galco M5X for it and a couple of extra mags. I did some searching last night and found that there are some IWB holsters for it if I think I need one.

Already beginning to get the itch for a PCR or a full sized 75B .

OleCodger
February 13, 2009, 08:39 AM
I would advise you to take a couple of aspirins and see your doctor tomorrow.......however neither would help you at all....whether it's a CZ or a Taurus....the disease is incurable. The good news is that you can live a fairly normal life with it......or at least you appear fairly normal to those of us that walk in your midst!!!! Enjoy your new purchase......

By the way, John Wayne (and Andy Griffith) are at the top of my list........:D

schmeky
February 13, 2009, 09:16 AM
it rivals my best 1911 for accuracy, but with super soft recoil.

Absolutely. I finally realized CZ knew what they were doing by building the 97 on a larger platform. The full grip size combined with the full length frame dust cover really tames recoil.

but you won't find a better made, silky smooth and extremely accurate .45 ACP autoloader than a 97B.

After 4000 rounds through mine, it's glass smooth.

burningsquirrels
February 13, 2009, 12:17 PM
http://www.countryaboveself.com/images/chuck-norris-0021.jpg

"This is Chuck Norris. Send burningsquirrels all your CZs."

:D

OleCodger
February 13, 2009, 07:05 PM
CZ 75B shipped out of Florida 2-11-09 to local gun dealer. Local gun dealer is closed today in preparation for gun/knife show in Little Rock this weekend. Gun is probably here in town laying in a cold post office. Do you realize how many packages our government loses, sends to wrong address, etc per day? And do you realize the odds that package could be sent to a local welfare office with the thought process that CZ is the new abbreviation for cheese?? I knew I should have driven the 1500 miles round trip and picked it up myself......now I've got to sweat out the weekend with two sleepless nights.........Think I'll write Ms. Pelosi or maybe the Man Himself and ask for assistance........I know that I can count on either of them to aid me in my moment of despair.......:evil:

Hey Squirrel, you think Chuck could handle this for me and let me keep the gun?

R.Taylor
February 14, 2009, 09:01 AM
Make that 3 sleepless nights, Monday is a holiday. No mail.

NG VI
February 14, 2009, 10:13 AM
Well, it definitely isn't sitting in a post office, it is illegal to send firearmsthrough US Postal Service. But it certainly is sitting in some abandoned UPS depot or Fedex warehouse!

OleCodger
February 14, 2009, 12:10 PM
That's strange......and I had not clued in on the Post Office thing. The pistol (at least a parcel) WAS shipped priority mail. I even have a USPS tracking number. I checked it this morning and it shows that it arrived at 7:46AM here in Searcy. Don't know if this business is skirting the law or what's going on. Guess I'll find out Tuesday. Forgot about Monday being a holiday. Certainly hope that I haven't purchased a high priced water pistol.........:eek:

jeff-10
February 14, 2009, 12:33 PM
Yah when I order a gun online its usually shopped USPS so it can't be illegal...

OleCodger
February 14, 2009, 01:11 PM
Well, I attempted to interpret USPS regs and it's the typical government can of worms........three attorneys must have written the regs. General consensus is that it's legal to ship FFL to FFL via USPS as long as they do certain things.....:cuss:

NG VI
February 14, 2009, 02:14 PM
Oh... I have never heard of that before, I just thought they meant never. Weird.

OleCodger
February 15, 2009, 01:50 PM
It's interesting......seems that my new CZ 75B is described as "bound printed matter" in the shipping tracking info with USPS!!!!

NG VI
February 15, 2009, 02:25 PM
Maybe they thought it was a book? Odd.

R.Taylor
February 15, 2009, 07:15 PM
It is NOT illegal to send guns through the USPS. They just have restrictions.

However it is illegal to lie about what is in a package.

OleCodger
February 15, 2009, 07:51 PM
Well I guess that I'll find out Tuesday if I have printed matter or an illegally shipped gun awaiting for me......

CZF
February 16, 2009, 12:13 AM
Congrats on the 75B. A good building block for your eventual CZ collection.

The new FREE catalog will add further misery to your CZickness:)

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/CZ%20PICS/czann09.jpg

OleCodger
February 16, 2009, 10:36 AM
Dadblameit, you just raised my fever another two degrees!

CZF
February 16, 2009, 07:34 PM
I believe the new P-07 Duty will be $140 cheaper than the
wildly popular P-01 or P-06 pistols.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/CZ%20SP-01%20PHANTOM/P-07%20DUTY/main104.png

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/czrami/CZ%20SP-01%20PHANTOM/czimplyshirt2.jpg

verdun59
February 16, 2009, 07:46 PM
Hello Ole Codger, this is my first post and it could not be about a better subject. I have a CZ 75B, and I think you are going to find it it one fine gun. I wish you the best with it...great choice.
Al

OleCodger
February 16, 2009, 10:11 PM
Tnx for the encouraging remarks.....will pick it up tomorrow at local FFL. Praying that Wednesday and Thursday will be nice range weather....otherwise I'll be at the local indoor range burning some powder and wasting some lead. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Like a kid at Christmas!

And by the way, a BIG WELCOME to THR.......If you enjoy it just half as much as I do, you will declare it a winner!!!.........:D

floydster
February 17, 2009, 09:31 AM
OldCodger,
Post a pic of that baby when you get it, I have a 75B in stainless, also a PCR
both great guns.
Floydster:)

IndianaBoy
February 17, 2009, 01:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/gnieman/grips/grip_tape001_small.jpg

Oh no....

These guns are terrible.

Flattening out the magazine break, swapping out the mainspring for a slightly lighter one....

Just makes these a chore to shoot at USPSA matches.

;)

OleCodger
February 18, 2009, 09:00 AM
Beautiful gun Indiana!!!!

OleCodger
February 18, 2009, 09:02 AM
Got the new CZ yesterday and took pictures. Uploaded into my User CP Attachments but can't figure out how to get it into my post!!!

Born 40 years too soon!

schmeky
February 18, 2009, 09:04 AM
OleCodger,

Repeat after me, "gotta get a comp hammer . . . gotta get a comp hammer . . . gotta . . .

burningsquirrels
February 18, 2009, 09:06 AM
you can always email me and i'll post them for you. or, you can use an online photo place like imageshack.

Prion
February 18, 2009, 09:10 AM
Post 'em Codger! After reading this thread I'm gonna need to get one. I already wanted one and now I'm seriously bitten but it's gonna have to wait till after I pick up my SA TRP. Curse you all!

OleCodger
February 18, 2009, 04:21 PM
Schemeky.....guess BurningSquirrel is going to hafta be my hammer!!! Sent them to him so he could post!

ArLover......it is ONE NICE PISTOL!! In fact, I can't decide it it's just plain pretty or if it's so ugly, it's pretty!

Didn't get to go to the range today.....hopefully tomorrow.........:D Going to try to run some Blazer Brass, Brown Bear and Wolf through it to see what it's appetive is like......

NG VI
February 18, 2009, 04:25 PM
Going to try to run some Blazer Brass, Brown Bear and Wolf through it to see what it's appetive is like......

Ferocious. She'll eat anything and wonder why she isn't getting more.

OleCodger
February 18, 2009, 04:29 PM
I may have to put that sucker on a diet!!

floydster
February 18, 2009, 05:55 PM
Pic of my 75 B stainless.

OleCodger
February 18, 2009, 06:03 PM
Absolutely beautiful pistol. I wanted a stainless but couldn't find one at the time. I said the black CZ would be my last gun to purchase but I may have to also have a stainless before it's over! However I do think that the black one is also "quite a looker"!

floydster
February 18, 2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks OleCodger,
I have well over 5,000 rounds thru this one, never a problem.
The black is nice also, I just love the look and feel of these guns.
I also have 75 PCR as my daily carry, that one is going over 5,000 rounds also, they just run and run.
Let us know how you like yours after some range time.:)

stormspotter
February 18, 2009, 08:00 PM
Over the weekend I put 150 rounds thru my P-01 (100 American Eagle and 50 147 gr. SXT) to start breaking it in. Right now I plan to use the 147 gr. SXT for carry.

Just heard from a friend, who works in the sporting goods section of WalMart, that they are getting some WWB 115 gr. in late tonight. I plan on being there a little after 7:00 AM to pick up 5 boxes.

I'm a little cash strapped right now, as I bought a LNIB CZ 75BD off THR yesterday.

As a side note, I just picked up a Galco M5X paddle holster for my P-01 this afternoon. I am pleased with the holster, but I'm going to have to heat up the paddle and take some of the "curve" out of it. When setting, the front of the paddle digs into my hip too much. Other than that is stays in place real well.

burningsquirrels
February 18, 2009, 09:59 PM
how did i leave my magazines at home on a steel race night? dangit! i just got home early. i shot an entire different rig and ended up in 2nd place. son of a @#$&^ i couldn't hit crap!!! stupid night sights and stock trigger KILLED me hahaha!!!

ok here's his picture:

http://www.student.gsu.edu/~ggingco1/post/olcodger1.jpg

http://www.student.gsu.edu/~ggingco1/post/olcodger2.jpg

OleCodger
February 19, 2009, 10:47 AM
Sounds like to me you need to buy that borrowed pistol or start practicing more with yours........:neener:

But sorry you didn't pick up the "Gold"".............THANKS for posting the pictures for me. Like I say, I can get the picture up into my User CP but can't get it out........why am I making it so difficult? First part is easy.

burningsquirrels
February 19, 2009, 11:01 AM
no, i just need to remember my magazines, lol. :D

i'm trying to switch from the 40b to the 75 SA... heavier, magwell compatible, and is available in 40sw with a manual safety which i need for shooting limited-10... but i'm broke.

verdun59
February 19, 2009, 04:02 PM
OleCodger here's a tip I got from the CZ Forum about dryfiring to help smooth the trigger. Go to Lowes and in the plumbing dept. get the #5 O-
rings (I believe 3/8" OD 1/4 ID) put one under the trigger and start pulling. Or of course you could do a complete trigger job. I elected to do the former and have a nice smooth action.

burningsquirrels
February 19, 2009, 04:07 PM
are you talking about putting it on top of the firing pin so that the hammer doesn't strike it? i'd roll up a piece of paper towel, that oughtta do the same thing.

cycling a CZ is the best way to break it in. they come from the factory on the rough side of things. our SP-01 was the same way. once it broke in, it got much better and continued to run even smoother. now i'm spoiled by race guns, so now i think all out of box guns have horrible triggers. :D

once i run into money again i'll reduce the firing pin spring and hammer spring and polish the hell out of the action parts and the surfaces around it in the pistol, and switch to more sensitive federal primers, install a cz factory comp hammer, and then we'll see where that takes us. :D :D :D

floydster
February 19, 2009, 05:35 PM
OleCodger,
That sure is purdy, congrats!!
Floydster:)

OleCodger
February 19, 2009, 05:37 PM
Talk about S M O O O O T H !!! Took it to the range today and burned up a box of Blazer Brass and a box of Wolf. First thing that I noticed was not a bad recoil at all. Second that I noticed was it takes a 500 pound gorilla and a sledge hammer to load the clip! I came home, carved out a piece of oak to fit down in the magazine well, stuck the mag to the pavement and presently have my four door Silverado parked in the driveway with the right front tire holding down the oak piece to loosen up the spring........:evil: Spent 20 minutes shooting and 40 minutes trying to load the clip at the range!!

And the third thing I discovered is that it's a HECKUVA better shot than I am........I could swear that I heard it "snicker" a couple of times like "Who is this new OleCodger anyway, he sure isn't using my full potential!!".

Anyway, it's a sweet shooting piece of steel.....just wish I hadn't put off buying one so long.

Yeah, I know...........I didn't post pictures of my targets.........actually forgot and left them at the range after removing the ones already in the trash can and putting mine on bottom!!!.........:rolleyes: Well, truthfully I used a bipod to try to see how accurate it really is and I was very pleased. Just wish I could shoot that good offhand.

And thanks floydster......I do think it's purdy enuff to take to the dance!!

And thanks verdun for the recommendation. Trigger seemed ok for the first time out. CZ actually sent me some of the "dud" rounds for lack of better terminology so I could do some dry firing. Know what I'll be doing for the next several evenings!

And I guess this closes the loooooonnnnnng story of "Bought a new CZ75B today". It's been quite a journey.........

verdun59
February 19, 2009, 05:57 PM
OleCodger, glad you had a good day at the range. My mags loosened up right quickly - don't worry.

Oh by the way, I wouldn't worry a whole lot about posting a picture, most of the saavy folks here can just look at their own beautiful CZs and get that warm feeling.

P.S. That CZ Rami sure is a looker.....

burningsquirrels
February 19, 2009, 08:21 PM
first, thanks for driving american. :D

second, that's an odd way of breaking in the magazine spring. i just left my mags fully loaded for a few days, lol. then i'd occasionally take 2 or 3 out, and then smack it base first into my palm a few times to 'shake' it a bit.

BTW - did you clean the magazines before using them? there's a lot of oil that came in ours. ran a paper towel through them and they came out yellow with oil. my "aftermarket" mec-gars came packaged the same way.

floydster
February 19, 2009, 08:24 PM
OleCodger,
Get yourself a Uplula loader, super fast and no effort, you can load your mag in less then ten seconds.:)
Floyd

burningsquirrels
February 19, 2009, 08:42 PM
nah, jsut work on building them finger muscles. builds character. er, i mean, trigger control. :D:D:D

OleCodger
February 19, 2009, 08:55 PM
tell me that thingamagig in the little purty gun case was a device to help me load the mags. I thought it was just something that they had left over when they made the pistol and didn't know what to do with it or possibly it was a display mount that would let me mount the CZ out in the open so the general public could enjoy. I sat down tonight, wiped the second mag dry using 17 shop towels (the one in the gun wasn't that bad), got that "speed loader" out, took an hour and 12 minutes to figure out how to use it (we Arkies tend to be a little on the slow side at times), and was then able to load each mag in less than 29 minutes each!!!!!....:D:D:D. I'm sure I'll be able to beat that time with a little practice! CZ is the first manufacturer that was thoughtful enough to include the mag loader aid and two fake rounds with replacement "caps" so I could dry fire. That just makes me even more of a CZ lover.........kinda like my Redhead tells me....it's the little things that count!!!

I would appreciate it though, in the future, if you birds would tell me what everything is meant for in the CZ cases......otherwise I spend 37 minutes out of each $12.00 hour at the Bunker just trying to get a bullet in the clip and go home with my arthritic fingers yelling for a big dose of Arthritis Strength Tylenol.........:mad: I may be dumb but I am trainable!!!!!!

j1979
February 19, 2009, 09:01 PM
Look for an Uplula loader, they also work wonders for loading mags, much easier and faster than the plastic one they give you.

burningsquirrels
February 19, 2009, 09:14 PM
like i said, leave 'em fully loaded for a few days, smack 'em once in a while with -2 rounds so the spring jumps around a bit. they'll soften up.

OleCodger
February 19, 2009, 09:25 PM
Gotum both packed with 16 rounds each.......also will look into the uplula loader......

burningsquirrels
February 19, 2009, 09:58 PM
screw the loader and build hand muscles. buy more ammo instead. :D or better yet... a CZ competition hammer. :D :D :D

OleCodger
February 19, 2009, 10:04 PM
I'd like to but I'll soon hit the 71 YO mark and the ole fingers "ain't what they used to be"! Rhumatism in every joint........just finished ordering a pair of Cabella's shooting gloves to give the PT1911SS a little cushioning, don't really need it with the CZ although just a leather glove helps........otherwise I go home and soak my hands in horse linament for a couple of hours........stick around, you'll be there one of these days!!!

By the way, you must be quite a pistol shooter. Do you have the gift of a "natural" aim if there is such a thing or just practice with cases of ammo??.......:D:D:D

burningsquirrels
February 19, 2009, 10:11 PM
neither, i'm poor and a terrible shot, haha!! spray n' pray!!

i was at a match with an older gentleman, he shoots a huge open division gun in 38 super shooting major power factor loads in a double stack with a compensator and red dot.... the guy is fast as nuts. he also slowly but surely runs marathons and even swam 2 miles for charity recently. i was like whoa, this dude is good. i thought he was 50. pretty good.

then i told him about my high school days (class of 99) and how it was a long long time ago for me. he said, that's pretty recent. "if you want stories from a long long time ago, i can tell you when i was hanging out playing board games on the floor with my girlfriend when they broadcast the bombing of pearl harbor on the radio!"

holy crap, i got owned. the guy seriously looks 50's, but is really high 70's. he won't say just how old he is!

OleCodger
February 19, 2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah, the secret is staying active and having a burning hobby and I have several......also still work four days a week just to keep in touch with other people and make a little extra ammo money. Life can be as much fun or as miserable as one wants to make it and I choose the former!!!! By the way, I don't remember Pearl Harbor but very vividly remember the day WWII was over. Also remember waking in the wee hours of the morning with flight after flight of aircraft overhead, I suppose going to the Blytheville, Arkansas AFB. Tires and sugar rationed, no such thing as chewing gum, all going to the war effort. They say you're getting old when you live in the past......that's the reason I continue looking for gun "bargains" to use in the future!!!! There is also a quote that sorta goes like "Don't get into a fight with an old man, he'll just kill you!"....All this is off the subject of the original thread but it's hard to keep an OleCodger on the subject!!!!

Keep your powder dry!

If you enjoyed reading about "Bought a new CZ 75B today!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!