Ramshot TAC for .223

PDA

kestak
February 11, 2009, 03:11 PM
Greetings,

I just want to make sure. I use Ramshot TAC for my 7.5Swiss with large magnum primers.

Do you use small rifle primers with the same powder for the .223? I read confliciting information.

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Ramshot TAC for .223" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
February 11, 2009, 03:17 PM
I used mag primers when I used it in 6PPC.

kestak
February 11, 2009, 03:20 PM
Greetings,

I know...But for some Ramshot Tac works better with magnum primers and for some other it is normal primers. This is the information I need.

Thank you

Walkalong
February 11, 2009, 03:22 PM
I fixed my answer. Sorry.

I would try it both ways, but mag primers are generally recommended for ball powders.

rcmodel
February 11, 2009, 03:25 PM
Got to go to the horses mouth to talk horse.

http://www.ramshot.com/powders/

Ramshot load data for the .223 calls for a Federal 205 primer, which is a Standard primer.

This from the Ramshot FAQ:
Q: It's been my experience that I need to use a magnum primer with spherical powders. Do I need to use a magnum primer with Ramshot powders?
A: While this may have been true with spherical powders in the past, Ramshot powders employ a new technology of coatings which increase ease of ignition, cleanliness and in most cases decrease temperature sensitivity. You also have to take into account your firearm's accuracy which may or may not perform better with magnum versus non-magnum primers.

rc

fastbike
February 12, 2009, 09:54 PM
I have shot about 5 pounds of Tac in my RRA w/ small rifle powders. All consistent (<1 MOA), all no problems.

Tac is pretty versatile. I use it for 7.5 Swiss, 7.62x54R, 30-30, and 8x57 as well as the .223.

dispatch55126
February 12, 2009, 10:55 PM
Not to hi-jack, but has anyone used Tac in 8x56R?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ramshot TAC for .223" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!