Savage supply problems?

PDA

tube_ee
February 11, 2009, 07:07 PM
I'm looking for a Savage sporter-weight rifle in .22-250.

Every model is out of stock at every distributor. Package guns, regular guns, distributor specials, nobody's got nothin'.

I mean, I know that there's been a run on "evil" guns....

But .22 centerfire bolt guns?

Did everybody just decide to go coyote hunting??

--Shannon

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage supply problems?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
browningguy
February 11, 2009, 07:17 PM
Let's see, Gander up the street from me must have a dozen or more, Academy across the interstate has quite a few, and the Walmart up the highway had several.

Which distributors did you try to order from?

Edit to add, that's in various calibers, sporter weights in 22-250 really aren't that popular are they? I imagine they just make a few at a time. Most, actually 100% now that I think about it, of the guys I know shooting that round have heavy barrel varmint rigs.

alemonkey
February 11, 2009, 09:59 PM
Well, I think they're just rolling out the 09 models, so maybe you're in between the old and the new. I just bought a 12FV in .223 and the store had several dozen in other calibers and configurations, so they're definitely available.

CoyoteSlayer
February 12, 2009, 06:56 AM
I've noticed the same thing :( as well as aftermarket stocks for savages being out of stock.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage supply problems?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!