Makarov Question ?

PDA

Chester32141
February 11, 2009, 07:35 PM
I cleaned a newly aquired Bulgarian Mak today and I had a real problem getting the slide back on :eek:... never had this problem w/ any of my EG Maks ... Am I missing something ? :what: Are there any tricks for putting the slide back on a Mak ? :cool: This Mak may have a much lower round count than any I've cleaned in the past.

Thanks ... :)

Chester

http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetemp_both/language/www/US/FL/New_Smyrna_Beach.gif

If you enjoyed reading about "Makarov Question ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
North Bender
February 11, 2009, 10:23 PM
First make sure the recoil spring is on the right way - the tight end goes on the barrel first.

Flash!
February 11, 2009, 10:33 PM
another makarov question..... what is an unfired Russian Makarov selling for these days? I bought 2 several years ago.... one is still unfired new in box and the other is my daily carry gun.....

TripleL
February 11, 2009, 10:51 PM
Military or commercial?

Chester32141
February 11, 2009, 11:12 PM
Just checked and the recoil spring was on correctly ... slide was easier to install the second time, perhaps because my hands weren't as slippery ...

Chester

http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetemp_both/language/www/US/FL/New_Smyrna_Beach.gif

sharkhunter2018
February 12, 2009, 01:25 AM
Is the trigger guard down? The slide won't go back in place unless the trigger guard is pulled down. Should also be down to get the slide off as well.

I don't know know about other Maks, but Bulgarians have a sweet spot that you have to wiggle the slide around to find. Once you do it a few times, it's easy.

Flash!
February 12, 2009, 07:59 PM
TripleL... they are commercial.... Big Bear is on the box.

rde
February 12, 2009, 10:16 PM
It is simply establishing dominance. Be patient..a relationship takes a little work and time to take hold.

TripleL
February 13, 2009, 10:15 AM
Flash - I see commercial non-hi cap Russians go for $200-250 on ended auctions. Any more and they move slower.

woad_yurt
February 13, 2009, 02:04 PM
Was the hammer up when you tried?

makarovnik
February 13, 2009, 07:20 PM
Make sure the recoil spring isn't installed backwards and also make sure the trigger guard is pulled all the way down or there is no way in hell the slide will go back on.

I don't think it matters if the safety is on or off but I always disassemble/assemble with the safety in the "fire" position.

Litlman
February 14, 2009, 10:47 AM
I have 2 Bulgarians , both are Arsenal, one is a circle 10 & one has the large Arsenal roll mark on the slide. The circle 10 slide goes back on like glass & the other needs to be monkeyed with. Both are very accurate but the circle 10 has a nicer finish & way better double action trigger for the first shot. I have a bunch of semi autos and the circle 10 is my current favorite. Enjoy!

If you enjoyed reading about "Makarov Question ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!