Sig P239 Prices in your area

PDA

moi_self26
February 11, 2009, 08:46 PM
I've been wanting one for a few months now, but figured I would wait until the panic prices calmed down, but it seems like they just keep going up. I've watched the price of the P239 go up by $250 over the last few months...... now having them range between $800-$900, where as a few months ago I kept seeing them around $600.

Have any of you happened to notice how much they are going for in your area? Do you think it's smarter to go for it now anticipating the prices continuing to rise...... or do you see an end to the panic prices anytime soon?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P239 Prices in your area" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Old Jimmy
February 12, 2009, 01:54 AM
I paid $425.00 used for my 9mm P 239

Peakbagger46
February 12, 2009, 10:20 AM
Mine was $700 a few months ago, with night sights. This was after my %10 LE discount.

shoen1200
February 12, 2009, 10:55 AM
I am in the same boat as you.
I was really interested in the p239 after shooting one.
I really liked it and shot it very well right from the start.
But locally - Rochester NY - the prices are way up there.
A reasonable used one with one or two mags is $600 or more.
A new second gen with melted edges, srt trigger and all is around $840.
Then when I see the mag prices of $50 to $60 locally - I will wait.
Unless I run accross a good used one for $500 or so I will not be buying one.
I like the pistol but when I get $700 or more I start to think of other makes/models I am lusting after.....

CPshooter
February 12, 2009, 02:19 PM
Can't you get a refurbished CPO gun for around $5-600? Or is the price for those inflated as well?

fastbolt
February 12, 2009, 02:33 PM
If you're going to be keeping a firearm for the rest of your life, does a couple hundred dollars really matter all that much if it's definitely what you want?

In my case I passed on a NIB P239 chambered in 9mm because my LE price was $649, which I thought was too much because I didn't really need it. I already had a number of good quality compact pistols which served my personal needs for off-duty and pending retirement usage. I had just considered adding the P239 to my 'working' collection after attending the armorer class.

If it had been going to be my only compact defensive pistol, or I had really wanted to own a compact Sig Sauer, then I might not have blinked twice at the $649 (plus tax & transfer) price quoted.

Just depends what you want and how you feel about it.

How badly you may want to own something, compared against whatever the local market allows the cost to become, is a personal decision.

Some folks seem to buy & sell firearms fairly frequently, so they might want to consider the 'future value' of their firearms when they decide to sell or trade them in on something else.

benzuncle
February 12, 2009, 06:54 PM
I have said more than once that I would buy a used Sig without hesitating if I was in the market and the right one came my way. Well, I was and it did! It happened a couple weeks ago. I had been eyeing a Sig P239/357sig and hoped someone else wouldn't snatch it up before I gathered my shekels. It was still there when I walked in with cash. It came with 2 mags and Nite Sights. One mag was still sealed in the plastic bag. I had to look carefully to see if the other mag had been used. The barrel had a couple smilies but the firearm was mint. Whoever fired it did so very sparingly. Out the door for $619. Fastbolt's comment on cost rings true! I'm way pleased with my next Sig. Way pleased. I have purchased a "Canned Heat" box of 500 rounds from Georgia-Arms to get started. 1300fps. :evil: And oh, the accuracy! It feels like a 45acp to me; it shoves and does not snap. I let 4 others fire it so I could observe. All of them were impressed. The range officer was reluctant but fired it to please me. After the first mag, I offered him a second. He grabbed it and smiled. He said he had fired the Glock 357sig and it jumped a good bit. The P239 did not. BTW: he's a Glock owner. Great pistol. It is everything I had hoped it would be. I'm set up to reload 357sig now also. :D

kelly100
July 12, 2009, 02:43 PM
I bought a new 239 with Nite Sites & Sig holster last April for $750. Put a CTC grip on it. Sweet.

Have some slide issues with it though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P239 Prices in your area" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!