HK91/G3 Aluminum mags - how durable?

PDA

marktx
February 12, 2009, 12:34 AM
Anybody know how well the aluminum HK91/G3 mags hold up to being left loaded for long periods? I seem to recall reading someplace that the feed lips on the aluminum mags (or maybe it was AR mags?) would deform slightly if they were left loaded for long periods.

If you enjoyed reading about "HK91/G3 Aluminum mags - how durable?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TexasRifleman
February 12, 2009, 12:51 AM
I have some that stay loaded between range trips, never had any problems with it.

I could see it happening I guess, the metal is pretty thin.

At 3 bucks each it doesn't matter much to me I guess :)

marktx
February 12, 2009, 01:03 AM
At 3 bucks each it doesn't matter much to me I guess

It isn't the cost so much as the irritation factor if I got out to the range and the mags didn't work and then having to unload/reload them.

Monkeybear
February 12, 2009, 04:31 AM
I would like to know this as well. I have a small duffel bag somewhere with nothing but loaded G3 mags in it.

stubbicatt
February 12, 2009, 08:37 AM
Never had an issue.

RaferJanders
February 12, 2009, 08:26 PM
Sportsmansguide had a great deal, 12mags 6ammo pouches and a cleaning kit for 12 bucks and change
I got two 24 G3 mags, I am sending one set to 66912 for his G3 a great present for my shooting buddy.

skidooman603
February 13, 2009, 05:49 AM
Think the point some people miss with mags is What happens when you NEED them to work and you have a $3 mag in there? FOOD for thought ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "HK91/G3 Aluminum mags - how durable?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!