s & w 3953

PDA

shiftyer1
February 11, 2009, 11:57 PM
I just picked up a gently used model 3953. Does anyone have any useful advice or tips regarding this model? Also i'm having a hard time finding an owners manual online or just dissassembly instructions anyone with a link?

If you enjoyed reading about "s & w 3953" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
novalty
February 12, 2009, 07:57 AM
Hello Shiftyer1,

I am not familiar with the 3953, sure it is just a variation of the 3913. But I bet the disassembly is the same as the S&W 459 I used to have and the 5906 I currently have. Obviously with weapon double checked to make sure unloaded. On mine I pull back the slide decocker off, and with my left hand over the top of the slide and thumb through the front of the trigger guard, I line up the front of the notch on the slide with the slide release on the left side of frame. Next with my free hand I take something small like a pen cap and push the slide release out of the frame, from right to left. With the slide release out, I pull the slide forward and off of the frame.

When you flip the slide over, you will be able to remove the guide rod, spring, and barrel. Hopefully this helps.

Paul

The Lone Haranguer
February 12, 2009, 08:24 AM
Smith & Wesson's website has a link to download manuals.

If you enjoyed reading about "s & w 3953" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!