Rear flip up best for the money MI? GG&G? ARMS?

PDA

gga357
February 12, 2009, 01:00 AM
Not looking at Troy sights cause I think they are too pricey.

Anyone use these sights? I am mostly looking at the A2 type, but also looking at the ranging MAD sight. These are the brands I have done searches on if you know of any others yuo like let me know. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rear flip up best for the money MI? GG&G? ARMS?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kind of Blued
February 12, 2009, 02:59 AM
In my opinion, any of the black ones made out of metal will do. I don't think there's a lot of science or R&D involved in building a decent flip-up rear sight.

pgeleven
February 12, 2009, 03:34 AM
GG&G is expensive, but i have purchased several products from them for several different weapons platforms, and i still have yet to say a single bad thing about them. you get what you pay for, and if you buy a product from them, then you will have a quality product. not saying any other company cannot match or best them, but GG&G wont let you down.

JDGray
February 12, 2009, 05:35 AM
My MI flip sight works great, and less then $100:cool:

nopulse95
February 12, 2009, 08:32 AM
Bought my GG&G A2 style flip up sight off of ebay, brand new for 84.99.....it's the redesigned one with a few improvements. So far, couldn't be happier...Locks up very sturdy, and won't fold down without pressing in the detent switch....

gga357
February 12, 2009, 01:07 PM
Going to buy both GG&G and the MI. I will repost and let you know what I think.

Lonestar.45
February 12, 2009, 01:56 PM
Going to buy both GG&G and the MI. I will repost and let you know what I think.

Are you putting them on two different guns? If not, I'd buy the Troy rather than two others.

Dravur
February 12, 2009, 04:00 PM
You might want to look at the ARMS 40 Rear flip up sight.

The one problem with sights that lock into place is...... they snap off fairly easily under rough use.

possum
February 12, 2009, 05:15 PM
i dislike the arms, i like the gg&g mad, but i prefer and use the ma tech buis.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
February 12, 2009, 06:12 PM
In my opinion, any of the black ones made out of metal will do. I don't think there's a lot of science or R&D involved in building a decent flip-up rear sight.

That's my operating theory as well.

Lazuris
February 12, 2009, 06:17 PM
I just recieved a GG@G heavy duty bi-pod today in the mail. All I have to saw is OMG. I was shocked by the high quality of the construction. I will be buying from them in the future. Their price is higher than others yes, but not by much and the quality is much nicer.

ceetee
February 12, 2009, 10:13 PM
"For the money", I think the YHM is the best. You can get it in A1 or A2 configuration, and you should be able to get it for around $70.

SoCalShooter
February 12, 2009, 10:16 PM
I planned to put an MI flip up on my M4 style carbine, I agree that all others are FAR to expensive for a BACKUP sight.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rear flip up best for the money MI? GG&G? ARMS?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!