Gun Grease(Brian Enos's Slide-Glide)

PDA

SW9VEman
February 12, 2009, 11:42 AM
Brian Enos's Slide-Glide. Has anyone tried this? I am trying to find a grease for the PF9 and came across this stuff.

link to said stuff:
Slide-Glide (http://www.brianenos.com/pages/slide-glide.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Grease(Brian Enos's Slide-Glide)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
keen one
February 12, 2009, 12:04 PM
Looks like a neat lube...but mind the temperature range limitations. Here in the North, would love to be 30degrees F and up.

ArmedBear
February 12, 2009, 12:10 PM
The guy who sang "Babies on Fire"? Or is it "Baby's on Fire"?

SW9VEman
February 12, 2009, 12:29 PM
Well I did some digging at work(Cat Dealer) and found that our "Desert Gold" grease is very tacky and is made for high-speed, high-temp conditions. Plus it is only $7.24 for a 14oz Cartidge! We will have to see if this stuff will work or not....

chrissmallwood
February 12, 2009, 02:23 PM
SW9VEman- What kind of cats are you selling that require high speed, high temp lube.:D

dave from mesa
February 12, 2009, 03:06 PM
I've used Slide-Guide for about 5 yrs now. It doesn't dry out. It works all the time. It seems sticky but the slide on my .45 and 38 super slips back and forth with ease. When I bought it he said you don't even need to clean the gun to apply it. I did and still do but I still have the same container and have cleaned/relubed both my 45 and mine and my wifes 38 super. If I ever run out I will buy it again.
good luck

Evenflo76
February 12, 2009, 03:33 PM
I'm trying out this stuff www magnalube com They are mailing out free samples FREE SAMPLES!!!

Walkalong
February 12, 2009, 03:50 PM
It's very good stuff, but I like the Berryhill (http://shop.berryhillguns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=53) lube better.

jbauch357
February 12, 2009, 04:18 PM
It's very good stuff, but I like the Berryhill lube better.

I was about to ask if it's the same stuff - guess not...

Bobo
February 12, 2009, 06:30 PM
Have been using it on my Kel-Tec P-3AT for about three years -- like it very much. Stays in place (doesn't migrate) and doesn't dry out.

I use it as a general grease on the gun not just on the slide. I use Slide-Glide on the slide rails, barrel lug, hammer interface, outside of the barrel, recoil rod and springs, and hammer where it contacts the hammer interface. I use non-drip oil (Primus gel lube) on the trigger bar, hammer block, and trigger pivot, and BreakFree CLP inside the barrel.

Bobo

Gun Slinger
February 12, 2009, 08:02 PM
Been using Mobil 1 synthetic for years on my pistols and rifles.

During the more frigid weather, grease, any grease, threatens to thicken if not kept "warm" and can restrict slide movement effecting reliability.

I'll stick with the Mobil 1.

:)

toivo
February 12, 2009, 09:44 PM
The guy who sang "Babies on Fire"? Or is it "Baby's on Fire"?

So far I think I'm the only one who knows what you're talking about. Guitar solo starts at 1:31...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=draua97qH1Y

Thread hijack over.

Calhoun
February 12, 2009, 09:57 PM
Phil Wood Grease. Been using it for years, in guns and bikes. Works like a dream and makes cleaning easier too.

Dienekes
February 12, 2009, 10:34 PM
Another wonder product???

I use the old GI standby, Lubriplate 130-A on the Garand/M1A; any brand of chassis lube if I must, and of late, Militec grease.

I'm not aware of any short or long arms that otherwise "need" something all that special...I suspect the seller has a greater need to sell the stuff than anyone does to buy it...sort of like the old patent medicines.

woad_yurt
February 13, 2009, 07:18 AM
Where I am (middle TN) it's very rare to run across someone who knows anything about Brian Eno. It's happened to me exactly twice in the 17 years I've been here. Some of the most original music I've heard; I love his stuff.

"Brian Eno's Slide-Glide" sounds like it could be one of his early album titles.

Bix
February 13, 2009, 10:34 AM
Been using a tub of slide glide for years. Work just fine - as most lubes do, in my experience.

dave from mesa
February 13, 2009, 11:10 AM
Work just fine - as most lubes do, in my experience.
+1
I have many diff kinds of gun lubes and they all seem to work fine.
Don't think there is any kind of MAGIC lube out there.
I have stayed with Brian's lube because I like the way it works.
You're results may vary.

burningsquirrels
February 13, 2009, 12:14 PM
+1
I have many diff kinds of gun lubes and they all seem to work fine.
Don't think there is any kind of MAGIC lube out there.
I have stayed with Brian's lube because I like the way it works.
You're results may vary.

just one of the many that work great.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Grease(Brian Enos's Slide-Glide)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!