Which trijicon

PDA

Revolver Ocelot
February 12, 2009, 12:54 PM
I'm looking into getting a trijicon acog and have a couple questions, are certain colors more easily visible then others and of the ones available is there a particlar scope or reticle style you feel serves better as a combination cqb/precision scope on an ar style rifle with a barrel between 16 and 18 inches?

help is always appreciated :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Which trijicon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
possum
February 12, 2009, 05:17 PM
i personally prefer the nsn model first and foremost imho it is the best for cqb as it has iron sights on top of the optic, unless of course you want to spend alot on it, and you can get one with the doctor optics on there. but second to that i like the ta 31 with the red chevron recticle.

Dienekes
February 12, 2009, 11:36 PM
Depends. I have amber in both my TA45 1.5X (triangle reticle) and TA33 3X (chevron reticle) , and like it. Some people think the red is a little overpowering. As it is I run mine with a piece of tape covering 90% of the light-gathering tube in the daylight and it's plenty bright. And that's against a landscape that has a lot of tan and brown in it.

Revolver Ocelot
February 13, 2009, 03:58 AM
I was thining of adding a docter sight to whichever I go with.

like the crosshair style ones thats on the ta01ecos, espeacially being it counts all the way to 10 on the reticle where on others you'd have to just guess it. that nsn is pretty close though for alot cheaper.

Revolver Ocelot
February 13, 2009, 10:17 AM
anyone know if dual illumination is better or center illumination is? the center illumination tends to be the more expensive but there are exceptions.

Revolver Ocelot
February 18, 2009, 01:34 PM
at night whic works better, amber or green? I will agree I found the red a little over powering

lipadj46
February 18, 2009, 03:10 PM
They say red is better for night vision and the human eye can see the most shades of green. I am not sure about either but I would think either turned down low enough would be fine though. Between those 2 colors I guess think about your surroundings in the daylight and think which color would stand out best. If you are in an area where there is a lot of heavy foliage green may not make as much sense.

Revolver Ocelot
February 18, 2009, 03:45 PM
i plan on having a scope that would work well with bac, i appreciate the input

DougW
February 18, 2009, 10:23 PM
I like the TA31F, my son prefers the TA01NSN.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which trijicon" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!