Ruger MKII vs. MKIII

PDA

tyler500e
February 12, 2009, 01:43 PM
I remember thinking some years ago that I would some day get the Mark II with the 10 inch barrel. Does Ruger no longer manufacture a .22 pistol with that huge barrel?

I've been looking at the new Mark III's, those of you that have shot them and have also shot Mark II's, which do you prefer?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger MKII vs. MKIII" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nugilum
February 12, 2009, 02:29 PM
I'm a MarkII person all the way! :evil:

I'm not too fond of the "**********ed" version (AKA MKIII). :uhoh:

Nugilum
February 12, 2009, 02:39 PM
I just called Ruger, and they said they no longer make their .22 auto-loading pistols with 10 inch barrels.

If you're hankering for one, it'll be used. And I wish you the best of luck in finding one reasonably priced. However I could be wrong ... ;)

Gunbroker Bidding on a 10" MKII Target (link) (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122427971)

deacon8
February 12, 2009, 03:22 PM
I don't really have any experience with the mk III, but I prefer the mk II's looks by a long shot. Not a big fan of a those radical changes that Ruger made.

Just thought I would throw that out there.

CWL
February 12, 2009, 04:26 PM
I've owned 2 MKII, still have one.

Never needed to get a MKIII since the MKII has worked flawlessly in over 10 years. Never been disassembled or cleaned yet beyond a bore snake, some brake cleaner spray and a few drops of oil occasionally.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger MKII vs. MKIII" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!