What is an AK 47-C??

PDA

cbrgator
February 12, 2009, 07:32 PM
I've never heard of these until today. Are they good AK's? What are they worth new?

If you enjoyed reading about "What is an AK 47-C??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cbrgator
February 12, 2009, 11:16 PM
Nobody else knows about them either?

Hoppy590
February 12, 2009, 11:19 PM
who makes it? too little info.

cbrgator
February 12, 2009, 11:27 PM
I'm not sure. It's on Classic Arms' website.

BigNYMini
February 12, 2009, 11:36 PM
Is that a Romy? Maybe they're trying to copy the naming convention. Ie the Romy PSL-54C.

cbrgator
February 12, 2009, 11:42 PM
I's not a Romy according to the website. Say's its all American.

Hoppy590
February 13, 2009, 12:09 AM
well its not ALL American. its American enough for 922R.

( if your not familiar, 922R is a law that says you cant make a "non sporting" arm out of more than 10 US parts from a list. so you mix and match US and foriegn made parts till you get the 10. then sell it.)

the whole time, only the receiver is considered the firearm. so if you took a US receiver, a US stock set (stock, pistol grip, and hanguards) with an US magazine or barrel, you now have a 922compliant/ hence, "US" arm.

from the looks of the gun, its probibly a kit build of some kind. most likely Romanian as they are the last major importing nation. thats not to say it wont serve you well, but ist just not 100% US made.

cbrgator
February 13, 2009, 12:16 AM
I don't really care about the country of origin. I'm curious if its a quality weapon and worth its price.

cbrgator
February 13, 2009, 11:35 AM
Is $600 overpaying?

Hoppy590
February 13, 2009, 12:27 PM
cant really tell ya a good price, because i dont know anything about who made it. how ever, chances are the price is going to go up.

heres another dealer charging about 100$ more.
https://www.cogunsales.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=7&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=220&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=4&vmcchk=1&Itemid=4

i say if you want it, buy it from Classic. its probibly on par if not better than a WASR10, and WASR prices are around 600 by now.

cbrgator
February 13, 2009, 06:56 PM
Yes, but I don't want to pay $600 for a $300 WASR. It's not a must have and I don't feel like being gouged so if its not at least a decent value its a no go.

benEzra
February 13, 2009, 07:56 PM
$600 wasn't a good price a year ago, but appears to be a good price now...

cbrgator
February 14, 2009, 10:56 AM
Yea, but I have no intention in getting caught up in this buying frenzy. If it's not a fair price, without the added political climate it isn't worth it to me.

Gunfighter123
February 14, 2009, 12:15 PM
Even 6 months ago , $600 was not a good price. But 6 weeks ago , it was a real good price.

Looks like the price of AKs has come down just a bit from Election Day prices.

$10,000 question is Will They Come Down ?? If Obama and his Adm. don't push another AW Ban -- I think we will see another drop in price --- hopefully to around $400 or $450.

If Obama pushes --- then $600 will sound cheap !!!!

Ian
February 14, 2009, 01:30 PM
Yep, it's all a gamble. If the price keeps climbing, you'll kick yourself for not buying now...I'm kicking myself over not buying a bunch of things a couple years ago.

Or, if the prices do start to drop, you'll be happy to have waited...and I'm really glad I didn't go nuts when we were worried about the '94 AWB being renewed in 04.

C5Cruiser
February 14, 2009, 03:14 PM
I ordered an AK-47 from Lan World last month. They just now started getting them in and will ship soon (I hope) to my FFL dealer.
It's a Century Arms but the trigger slap is now gone because they started to replace the triggers before leaving the factory.
I have had lots of complaints so there workman ship has improved.
I paid $437 for mine and for that price I can afford to change out the furniture to black polymer.

Check out Lan Worlds prices. Good people and good prices.

http://www.lanworldinc.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "What is an AK 47-C??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!