Reaquaited with an old friend

PDA

armoredman
February 13, 2009, 02:18 PM
I realized I hadn't shot my old Enfield No4 MK1* in some time...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/oldnotuseless.jpg
(old picture)

...so I grabbed a handful of reload baggies, and took her to the range this morning. Nice day, quiet with a light breeze. I usually shoot at 100 yards, today I stopped at 50, since I hadn't fired this old warhorse in some time. How long? My reloads were all dated '06.

Not too shabby, but nothing great.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/303target1.jpg

I was going to say flawless functioning, but, hey, it IS an Enfield!

Sometimes it's nice to break out the safe queens and give them a day in the sun, too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Reaquaited with an old friend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Duke of Doubt
February 13, 2009, 03:27 PM
Blessed be thy Long Branch Number 4 Mark One Star. Mine shot a man-sized target at 1,300 yards, rear micrometer sight elevated, Mark VII Ball.

armoredman
February 13, 2009, 04:03 PM
WOW! I doubt I could effectively SEE a man sized target at that range. We have a 1000 yard range down in 3 Points, (worked there for a while), and those targets are quite large themselves.

Duke of Doubt
February 13, 2009, 04:10 PM
Oh, it wasn't under field conditions. We measured the distance, taken as the maximum calibrated range on the rear sight, set up a target at that distance under controlled conditions, and I hit it. Not exactly like taking a deer with it at that range.

armoredman
February 13, 2009, 04:51 PM
Very nice!

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
February 13, 2009, 05:20 PM
Outstanding, A.M.! Good to see some safe queens see some daylight. [Note to self: Shoot Enfield Sunday when you go to the range. ] :D

armoredman
February 13, 2009, 06:59 PM
Had Rudyard Kipling running through my head when I picked her up..."...it's thankee, Mr Atkins, when the band begins to play!"

If you enjoyed reading about "Reaquaited with an old friend" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!