Say "BUD"! - Anheuser-Busch drops support of MO Gov Holden over CCW law

PDA

Rickstir
October 2, 2003, 11:22 AM
From today's St. Louis Post Dispatch

Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc., the top corporate player in Missouri
politics, is no longer backing Gov. Bob Holden - in large part
because of their differences over concealed weapons.

Republican and Democratic sources say the brewery's decision not to
support the governor's re-election next year is highly unusual in
light of its long-standing reputation as a donor which gives
generously to both parties and their candidates, regardless of their
views.

Before Holden vetoed the bill last summer, sources say, a brewery
lobbyist showed up at the governor's office to tell him that such
action would end the long-standing support he'd enjoyed from
Anheuser-Busch and its executives. Holden confirmed that position
later in phone conversations with Anheuser-Busch Cos. Chairman
August A. Busch III and corporate group vice president Stephen K.
Lambright

Let's all go out and have a frosty cold Budweiser to say THANK YOU!

:D :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Say "BUD"! - Anheuser-Busch drops support of MO Gov Holden over CCW law" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Daniel T
October 2, 2003, 11:24 AM
Too bad Bud tastes like crap. Maybe I'll buy a few cases and hand them out to the homeless in celebration. ;)

mtnbkr
October 2, 2003, 11:34 AM
They produce Michelob, I can tolerate Michelob. Woohoo!

Chris

TallPine
October 2, 2003, 11:53 AM
Hey great ... a reverse boycott! :D

hksw
October 2, 2003, 01:13 PM
I don't drink but you know what? I think I'll go out and buy me a six pack or even a case this weekend. I can always put a can or two in a pot of chili or stew.

OEF_VET
October 2, 2003, 01:15 PM
Looks like the 'King of Beers' is also the King of standing up to dumba** politicians.

MonkeyMan
October 2, 2003, 01:16 PM
Would it be sacreligious to boil Hebrew National brats in Budweiser? That's about as close as I can get.:D

October 2, 2003, 01:18 PM
I must have known intuitively, since I was drinking Bud anyway. Always have. Had one last night, but I will drink several tonight in celebration.
I have tried beer from all over the world: Hundreds of them. I have three buddies who home brew: one has won a few state fair first place ribbons for his beers. I listen to their lectures politely and drink their beers, then stop on the way home and get a case of Bud longnecks. I prefer to drink what I like rather than what sounds impressive to other people.

Jesse H
October 2, 2003, 01:19 PM
Awesome! Do you have a link to the original story?

Hemicuda
October 2, 2003, 01:20 PM
I prefer Labatts, but in celebration, I think I'll grab me a case or 2 of good ol' Busch... (I prefer it to Bud) and get myself good & poluted this weekend!

robear
October 2, 2003, 01:35 PM
...fer all y'all Texans.. ZiegenBock is made by Anheuser-Busch.. http://www.ziegenbock.com/id.html

Goooood beer.. I have actually been choosing it over Shiner Bock lately.. :what: There's 3 in the fridge right now..

Glad to hear that Anheuser-Busch is doing this...

R

Missouri Mule
October 2, 2003, 01:57 PM
ok...I'll doit......

I'll drink to that ! hic up! hic up....:neener:

Yet another reason why I support Mr. Busch every chance I get!!:D

P12
October 2, 2003, 02:16 PM
The story (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/News/F362F9633DE17F7586256DB3001354C6?OpenDocument&Headline=A-B+drops+support+of+Holden+over+guns++) A-B drops support of Holden over guns

By Jo Mannies ©2003
Post-Dispatch Political Correspondent
10/01/2003, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Post-Dispatch Political Correspondent
10/01/2003

Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc., the top corporate player in Missouri politics, is no longer backing Gov. Bob Holden - in large part because of their differences over concealed weapons.

Republican and Democratic sources say the brewery's decision not to support the governor's re-election next year is highly unusual in light of its long-standing reputation as a donor which gives generously to both parties and their candidates, regardless of their views.

Before Holden vetoed the bill last summer, sources say, a brewery lobbyist showed up at the governor's office to tell him that such action would end the long-standing support he'd enjoyed from Anheuser-Busch and its executives. Holden confirmed that position later in phone conversations with Anheuser-Busch Cos. Chairman August A. Busch III and corporate group vice president Stephen K. Lambright, sources said.

The brewery wouldn't confirm or deny the account, and the governor's office declined to comment. But Republican and Democratic sources familiar with the incident say it's among several recent dealings between the brewery and top state officials that underscore Anheuser-Busch's strong support for the bill to allow most Missourians the right to carry concealed weapons.

The Legislature overrode Holden's veto last month, and the measure will become law Oct. 11.

"This is a huge deal for Mr. Busch," said one high-level political source. Several who know Busch say he's an avid sportsman who also has strong concerns about personal security.

The brewery's decision could mean a big financial loss for Holden's re-election campaign. In his bid for governor in 2000, documents show that Holden received at least $50,000 from various Anheuser-Busch entities or executives. His Republican opponent, Jim Talent, received a similar amount.

State Auditor Claire McCaskill, a Democrat challenging Holden, disputes any ties between concealed weapons and the support she is getting from the brewery. The matter didn't come up in her initial meeting recently with Busch and brewery executives, she said. "My sense was ... there wasn't one issue or two issues driving their decision."

But after that meeting, an Anheuser-Busch official telephoned McCaskill to ask her position on concealed carry. "I told him that as a former prosecutor, I never thought it was a good idea," she said. "I also said that my focus now has changed, and that I want to work to make sure the restrictions (in the new law) are enforced."

The brewery declined to confirm or deny the accounts of its dealings with Holden and McCaskill. It also wouldn't comment on who it was supporting for governor.

In a written statement attributed to Lambright, the company said: "If such conversations occur between Anheuser-Busch and elected officials, they are considered private, and it is not our policy to comment on private conversations."

A spokesman later said the brewery would offer no further comment on its stance regarding concealed weapons.

In 1999, the brewery backed the concealed-carry measure - known as Proposition B - which Missouri voters narrowly rejected because of overwhelming opposition in urban and suburban areas.

In a statement at the time, Lambright explained that the company had always supported responsible gun ownership. "For several years, rumors have been perpetuated among consumers that Anheuser-Busch supports gun control legislation. ... For some consumers and retail customers, hearing this rumor is enough for them to boycott our products."

As a rule, issues haven't been the defining factor in Anheuser-Busch's dealings with candidates. Most major candidates in both parties who run for office make sure they stop by the brewery's complex on Pestalozzi Street and seek an audience with top executives. Most of those candidates leave with a generous donation check, or the promise of one.

Before the state's campaign-donation limits went into effect in the mid-'90s, the brewery often was the largest single contributor to candidates running for office.

For more than a decade, Anheuser-Busch has issued the same statement to explain its reasons for financially backing candidates in both parties. "We support the political process," the brewery said in virtually identical statements issued in 1992, 1998 and 2002. "... In doing so, we support candidates for local and state office from both sides of the aisle. ..."

The brewery's political clout is undisputed. Said John Hancock, spokesman for the Missouri Republican Party: "They are obviously a very important corporate leader in the state. Their support is extremely important to candidates and parties."

Added Mike Kelley, spokesman for the Missouri Democratic Party, "Anheuser-Busch has been a strong supporter of the Missouri Democratic Party and Democratic candidates, in the past and present."

The spokesmen added that they've seen no difference in dealings with the brewery. But other sources in both parties disagree, and say that the concealed-carry issue appears to have taken on more significance - especially in the brewery's dealings with Holden.

At least two other candidates for other statewide offices say the concealed-carry issue came up in their meetings with Anheuser-Busch officials in the last few weeks. One declined to be identified. The other, state Senate President Pro Tem Peter Kinder, R-Cape Girardeau, said, "We touched on the issue briefly. ... They knew where I stood."

Kinder, who is running for lieutenant governor, helped amass the Senate support needed to override Holden's veto. He said the brewery's position was well known among legislators, and not a major factor among legislators backing the override effort.

A spokesman for Secretary of State Matt Blunt, a Republican who expects to run for governor and backs gun rights, said he also has met recently with brewery officials and has been told that the brewery will support him. Blunt doesn't recall the concealed-carry issue coming up, the spokesman said. Blunt took no public position on the bill that Holden vetoed.

McCaskill said Busch and other brewery executives made clear to her that, in the contest for governor, they may support Blunt as well as her. "Anheuser-Busch is one of the largest and most important companies in St. Louis," she said. "I think their support speaks for itself."

Reporter Jo Mannies:
E-mail: jmannies@post-dispatch.com
Phone: 314-340-8334

I guess, Bud is my choice of brew now!:)

KRAUTGUNNER
October 2, 2003, 02:20 PM
HOORAY to Anheuser-Busch, but I still HATE that stuff.............. :barf: :barf: :barf:

Country Boy
October 2, 2003, 02:27 PM
I sent them an e-mail letting them know that we support their pro-gun stance. If you appreciate their actions, let them know.

Atticus
October 2, 2003, 02:28 PM
Hey... I always knew that Bud made U Weiser.

pax
October 2, 2003, 02:29 PM
Duplicate threads merged and moved to Legal and Political -- which is the right place for posts about laws and politics.

pax

DorGunR
October 2, 2003, 02:30 PM
I quit drinking 30 years ago.........however I do keep beer on hand for my guests that drink beer and from this point forward it will only be Anheuser-Busch .;)

tiberius
October 2, 2003, 02:33 PM
WOW, I'm impressed a MAJOR corporation standing up for RKBA.

Mike Irwin
October 2, 2003, 02:47 PM
If I remember correctly a member of the Busch family was kidnapped at gunpoint and later shot to death in a kidnapping plot in the 1950s or early 1960s.

I wonder if that formed the basis of the company's opinion on the subject.

If it did, it's interesting that it went that way, instead of what seems to be the usual way of "guns are evil, guns are what killed poor blah blah blah..."

Mike Irwin
October 2, 2003, 02:49 PM
Oh, by the way...

If you don't like Budweiser products (I'm not a big fan, but Bud Light is drinkable, as opposed to PBR), the Coors family has supported the Second Amendment for many years, as well.

Make mine a Silver Bullet!

clange
October 2, 2003, 03:03 PM
WOW, I'm impressed a MAJOR corporation standing up for RKBA.
I love AB. They've been strongly pro-gun for as long as i can remember, which is good for me cause i buy at least a case a week.

October 2, 2003, 03:17 PM
Mike beat me to it. I was going to mention that it seems like beer companies may be one of our strongest allies. I knew that Coors was a sponser of at least one and maybe more than one shooting competition.

Oatka
October 2, 2003, 03:31 PM
Let 'em know you appreciate their stand:
http://contactus.anheuser-busch.com/contactus/talktous.asp

It is more than posturing - from the A-B website:

Anheuser-Busch to Provide O'DOUL'S, O'DOUL'S AMBER to Servicemen and Women in Iraq, Afghanistan

PVA, Anheuser-Busch Join Forces to Welcome Home the Servicemen/women of ‘Operation Iraqi Freedom’

‘King of Beers’ Launches Fifth Annual ‘Help Budweiser Help the Outdoors’ Program

SeaWorld Welcomes 100,000th Military Guest During Operation Salute

Anheuser-Busch Maintains Focus on Safety and Environmental Performance

Anheuser-Busch Foundation Pledges $150,000 to the Simon Kenton Council, Boy Scouts of America

No4Mk1
October 2, 2003, 03:43 PM
Once again reinforcing the stereotype that gun owners are pot-bellied beer swilling rednecks.....

;)

:D If I drank I would go buy a case of Bud right now! Good on 'em!

PS. When I did drink, allmost all I drank was Bud. Good to know that I was supporting the right team!

chaim
October 2, 2003, 03:59 PM
Usually I prefer a real beer ("beer" made with rice is not a real beer) but when I want a more watered down, rice based, "beer", Bud is one of the better ones. It actually isn't too bad. I had a couple last night and I guess I'll have to have a couple tonight. Good for them for taking the position that people have a right to the proper tools to defend themselves.

C.R.Sam
October 2, 2003, 04:10 PM
Time to go to the village...
to buy a Bud, a Bic and an Apple.

The Bud to support them.
The Bic to write them a snail mail letter of support.

Sam.

Oh yeah, the Apple, treat for a Clydsdale.:)

AZLibertarian
October 2, 2003, 04:10 PM
Without knowing a whole lot about the MO politics, I'd have to say this looks like a company getting to know its customers' attitudes better than the governor did. Business-wise, there might be heck to pay for A-B, if they still supported a governor who vetoed a popular bill.

That being said, I'm a veeeery casual drinker--maybe 4 a year. But A-B will now head towards the top of the list.

In a related note, even though I think Levi's is one of the last clothing manufacturers with operations still in America (although I think I heard recently that they were finally shipping these jobs overseas), I haven't worn Levi's jeans or Dockers in years. Their anti-RKBA stance has kept me in other brands for that reason alone.

Mike Irwin
October 2, 2003, 04:46 PM
"Once again reinforcing the stereotype that gun owners are pot-bellied beer swilling rednecks....."

It's been probably 5 months since I last had a beer...

No, I had a couple July 4th, along with some of my brother's mind-numbing Margueritas...

I'm pot-bellied, but I don't drink a lot.

outdoorman63
October 2, 2003, 04:58 PM
isnt it great to have some major power towards the pro gun movement making a name for all of us...but omg the poor anti's will quit drinking the beer now..or will they..do you think they even drink?

Al Norris
October 2, 2003, 04:59 PM
I enjoy an occasional O'Doul's. I just wrote to tell them thanks and that I'll make it a little more than occasional.

Grey54956
October 2, 2003, 05:08 PM
I generally don't drink Budweiser, but I will have one for their troubles.

Makes sense that AB would support gun rights. I expect that this attitude comes from the prohibition days when the gov't decided what people could or could not have...

Prohibition bad. Personal responsibility good.

buzz_knox
October 2, 2003, 05:11 PM
I prefer Coors to Bud, but tonight will be a Bud Night in celebration.

Crap. Could be a Bud weekend. ;)

Quartus
October 2, 2003, 05:13 PM
moved to Legal and Political -- which is the right place for posts about laws and politics.

:what: Whoa! Whooda thunk!

:D

.45Ruger
October 2, 2003, 05:28 PM
Glad to see AB living up to their principals and appearantly Coors as well. Now I hate to say it but maybe we can get RJR Nabisco on our side and really give the batf A HEADACHE, JUST KIDDING.

AJ Dual
October 2, 2003, 05:38 PM
I'll give you one guess where I work... (only a consultant though)

I wonder if our new South African owners will do anything similar with our fight here in WI, seeing as all the deathrape (i.e. Rape + AIDS), robbery, and carjackings going on over in S.A. these days.

HQ is actually in London though, so I sincerely doubt it. :(

Would be kind of ironic if they did hold that position when majority-owned by Phillip Morris. Then they'd have come under jurisdiction of all three letters of the ATF. :D

Standing Wolf
October 2, 2003, 07:28 PM
I've never been a beer drinker, but my hat's off to this company for doing the right thing with its corporate campaign dollars!

vi9er
October 2, 2003, 07:31 PM
In honor of budweisers commitment to my right to keep and bear arms, I am now going to make this weekend with my best friend a Bud-Ice weekend instead of a.... oh yeah, it already WAS a bud ice weekend!

Ed

Mike Irwin
October 2, 2003, 07:35 PM
Don't use a Bic, Sam.

Bic is a FRENCH company! :eek:

Gray Peterson
October 2, 2003, 07:37 PM
There's a reason why A-B support concealed carry.

The head of the company is pro-gun. Missouri completely prohibited concealed carry. So not even big corporate executives could get a way of self protection like they could in say, NYC or LA.

WAGCEVP
October 2, 2003, 07:45 PM
I've always heard Bud was pro gun :D

Dorrin79
October 2, 2003, 08:46 PM
man, too bad i don't like beer.

That's awesome to see a company make that type of political stand.

I may have to buy a case just to show my appreciation

mussi
October 2, 2003, 09:00 PM
Even if Bud tastes like junk (remember - the only asylum seekers we allow are German, Czech and Belgian beer brewers! :) ), I'll probably give it a try...

greyhound
October 2, 2003, 09:04 PM
boil Hebrew National brats in Budweiser?

MMMMMMMMM!:D

PlayTheAces
October 2, 2003, 09:19 PM
It's not something you see on the Bud website with the tee shirts and jackets, but in their main promotional catalog they have a few items such as a .22 / .45 cleaning kit with Budweiser engraved on the box, a shotgun case, Budweiser shooting shirt, etc.

As far as I know the Busch family still owns their own private shooting preserve.

Phyphor
October 2, 2003, 09:40 PM
Good on 'em for supporting our rights!!!

:D :D :D :D

grampster
October 2, 2003, 09:47 PM
Sent em an e mail and heading downstairs to grampster's supply center for a long neck...............pop.....fzzzzzz.....glug glug......ahhhhhhhhhh.....
:D :D

PeteyPete
October 2, 2003, 10:02 PM
I just shot em off a quick letter:

I would just like to send my thanks and gratitude for your patriotic stance on CCW permits in the state of Missouri. It is rare that a corporation feels strongly enough in our rights and constitution that they're willing to take a moral stand on such a contentious issue. Though i'm not a resident of Missouri, I'd like to send my thanks on behalf of all patriots and firearm owners.

Despite the fact that i'm not much of a beer drinker, i plan to show my appreciation by purchasing a case of Budweiser this weekend..and i'll encourage my friends and family to do the same.

Thanks Again,
PeteyPete

AZRickD
October 2, 2003, 10:34 PM
Bud makes "Amber Bock." Not bad.

Rick

Phyphor
October 2, 2003, 11:28 PM
...The King of Beers......... :D

garrettwc
October 3, 2003, 12:24 AM
I'm going to have to put back a few this weekend in honor of my CCW brethren in Missiouri.

I just sent this email to them:

Just a quick note to thank Mr. Busch III, and the Annheuser Busch company for its support of sportsman in the U.S.

An article in the 2-Oct-03 St. Louis Post-Dispatch detailed how the company withdrew it's support for Gov. Holden over issues related to the Missouri CCW law.

I am and will continue to be a loyal customer because of your support for our rights. I will be communicating with friends and coworkers encouraging them to purchase Annheuser Busch products. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Garrett

Pumpkinheaver
October 3, 2003, 12:33 AM
Even if he was pro gun I would not support him because he is an ???!

Orthonym
October 3, 2003, 12:53 AM
The Busch family have been staunch supporters of American values since they arrived in this country. For one example, they imported the first Diesel engines (Busch-Sulzer) in this country, used in some U.S. Navy subs. (The BuEng weenies later gave us the abominable NELSICO diesels, designed by an evil combination of Ivory-Tower Annapolis types and resentful German losers of the Great War.) The Busch diesels worked just fine.

Had I not already had uh, one or two, I'd immediately go out and buy some Budweiser product, pour it, hoist it, and down it.

Hot Jets!
& Bottoms Up!

chaim
October 3, 2003, 01:07 AM
Oh, just a note for those of you who either don't like beer or don't like Bud, beer is really good in cooking. Chili, marinades, BBQ, various sauces...hmm, I'm getting hungry.

October 3, 2003, 01:18 AM
I have used beer to make pancake batter.
Wasn't bad.

Orthonym
October 3, 2003, 01:31 AM
1. I believe that was a Coors heir who got kidnapped and murdered.

2. Does anyone know a working email address for A-B? Their Web site doesn't seem to have one. I'd like to send them a thank-you note.

robear
October 3, 2003, 01:53 AM
Orthonym:

From an earlier reply to this thread from Oatka:

Let 'em know you appreciate their stand: http://contactus.anheuser-busch.com/contactus/talktous.asp

Let 'em know!!!

R

SIGarmed
October 3, 2003, 02:31 AM
I'll buy it now even though I don't like it. I had friends that named it Bunkwesier. :D

Orthonym
October 3, 2003, 02:32 AM
It's not a real email address, it's a form in a frame. I went back and sent them best wishes anyway after seeing robear's post. I think I'm now known to them as Mr. Well Wisher, born on 1 Jan., 2003.

PATH
October 3, 2003, 02:51 AM
Gee folks I kinda like Bud. Now I have a reason to like it even more. I will be sending a snail mail letter of appreciation to the company.

4570Rick
October 3, 2003, 03:54 AM
Just sent AB an e-mail.

I do not live in MO, but I would like you to know, we hear you. You took a stand for American freedoms in choosing to not contribute any more money to GOV Bob Holden. In these politicly charged times, you stood on principles and I want to say thank you. I do not drink much and when I do it's usually Spaten, but I think this weekend I'll try some Michelob Amber Bock. Thank you.

Black Snowman
October 3, 2003, 04:31 AM
Beer gives me stomach aches and hang-overs. So I go for fruity drinks. Screwdrivers, margaritas, Mike's Hard Lemonade, straight vodka from the freezer, etc . . . I can pack those away and be fine. Go figure.

I shot them this:

I'd just like to say that I whole-heatedly thank you for support of our Constitutional rights and in particular our beleaguered 2nd amendment right to bear arms in self defense.

Thank you for your support in the CCW legislation recently passed in Missouri and I hope your weight will have bearing in CCW and other laws that enhance personal liberty.

Now, I just have to find one of your products that I actually enjoy so I can patronize you ;) I'll have to try some Bicardi Silver.

Thanks,
Burton Smith

4570Rick
October 3, 2003, 05:32 AM
Try Doc's Hard Lemon by AB.:D

boing
October 3, 2003, 05:35 AM
Sent 'em a quick note. Don't drink much, and don't like beer, but I'll make the Ultimate Sacrifice and choke down an A-B product. Hard lemon-something sounds about right. :)

"reverse boycott!" :D

RocketMan
October 3, 2003, 02:48 PM
Quit drinking Bud years ago when I was spoiled by all the good stuff here in the Land of Microbrews.
But from now on I'll use only Bud when cooking.

Dogs boiled in beer taste great.
Brats boiled in beer are very good.
Beer in chili can't be beat.
Beer in BBQ sauces, very tasty.

Lunch time!

Mikul
October 3, 2003, 03:34 PM
I wish I liked beer... or anything else that they make. Too bad I'm too old to play at Sesame Place.

But Rocketman has a good point, beer goes great with a lot of food and I might as well buy a A-B product to do it with.

Don't forget crabs or mussels boiled in beer!

Frohickey
October 3, 2003, 04:14 PM
Contact info for Anheuser-Busch (http://contactus.anheuser-busch.com/contactus/default.asp?site=IA)

Futo Inu
October 3, 2003, 05:11 PM
OUTSTANDING! I'm shooting off a letter to them with their thanks and a pledge to drink Bud Light when I drink (I already liked Bud Light because of their hockey commercials, but this is even more reason - as for taste - bah, they're all the same)

WAGCEVP
October 3, 2003, 05:54 PM
http://tinyurl.com/pn37

Brewery stance on guns angers 2 local groups
By JO MANNIES
Post-Dispatch
10/03/2003

They urge McCaskill to return contributions

Two groups that oppose concealed weapons called Thursday for like-minded Missourians to protest the actions of Anheuser-Busch Cos. Inc. in its support of a measure allowing such weapons.

Local leaders with the Million Mom March and Citizens for Sensible Public Policy say they were particularly upset after a Post-Dispatch article Thursday outlined the brewery's decision not to support Gov. Bob Holden's re-election bid next year.

Sources say that action was based largely on Holden's veto of a concealed weapons measure. The brewery has not disputed that account.

The Legislature overrode the veto, and the bill becomes law Oct. 11.

Real Estate & Rentals (198)
Home Improvement & Gardening (188)
Medical (184)
Dining & Entertainment (175)
Services (174)
Automotive & Vehicles (141)
Finance (102)
Grocery (61)
Movies (47)
Community Events (44)
...more on Ad Zone

Jeanne Kirkton with the local Million Mom March said, "I think Governor Holden should be commended" for standing up to Anheuser-Busch, the state's leading corporate player in politics.
To that end, the two groups want state Auditor Claire McCaskill, a Democrat challenging the governor, to return any contributions she receives from Anheuser-Busch. McCaskill has said the brewery is supporting her candidacy, despite her opposition to the concealed weapons measure.

"My position is consistent. I am opposed to concealed weapons, remain opposed to concealed weapons and anyone who supports me is aware of that," McCaskill said. "No contribution in the world is capable of changing that position, which is based on my years as a prosecutor."

But Margaret Eaton, a Million Mom March member and spokeswoman for the Citizens for Sensible Public Policy group, accused McCaskill of waffling.

"If she wants to take a leadership position in this state . . . she should stick to her guns. She should tell Anheuser-Busch that the law is a bad public policy, but it sounds to me like she didn't choose to do that. She took the money."

A spokesman for the brewery said he was unaware of any calls to protest its decision.

If you enjoyed reading about "Say "BUD"! - Anheuser-Busch drops support of MO Gov Holden over CCW law" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!