C&R Application sent!

PDA

Beren
January 16, 2003, 02:40 PM
Well, my C&R Federal firearms license application is on its way to Dallas. Looking back, I know I already screwed up a number of technical requirements.

1. I sent my application on a form copy printed from the PDF on their website instead of on an original form.

2. I signed my copy, which I had filled out on a typwriter, in black ink.

3. My check was made out to 'Bureau of Tobacco, Alcohol, and Firearms.' But I have an excuse!!! I filled out my check at the post office, and they have a huge 'Absolutely no smoking' sign on the entrance doors.

So...the USPS put tobacco at the fore of my mind, and when I went to fill out the check..ooops.

I also mailed a copy to the county sheriff, CLEO of my area, as required.

Now the waiting begins...

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R Application sent!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cheygriz
January 16, 2003, 03:53 PM
Mine took about 6 weeks to come in.

No4Mk1
January 16, 2003, 03:56 PM
My best advice is to go poke around over here (http://www.google.com/dirhp?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=) while you wait for it to arrive!

Oh, and get ready to kiss your money goodbye! ;)

Blackhawk
January 16, 2003, 03:57 PM
Great! Keep us posted!

As for the payee, that won't matter. It could be made out to the Bureau of Alcoholic Turnip Farmers, and it would go right through. :D

Carlos
January 16, 2003, 06:48 PM
:)

Good for you. I got mine over a year and a half ago, and it took 27 days to arrive. Hope you're as lucky, so you can start spending, spending, spending.

I've been buying so many non-C&Rs lately, it's time to buy several more C&R weapons. A new, unissued Yugo comes to mind. This one I'll keep for collector's value, rather than a shooter.

Good luck.

Beren
January 16, 2003, 06:53 PM
What all have you purchased? Do you hunt, CCW, or train/target shoot with any of them? Use any for truck guns? (A beater SKS picked up for $120 would seem like a great truck gun! Er..that is, to add a certain historic flavor to your vehicle.)

I've got my eye on a couple 1911A1-model pistols, a Finn M-N (as recommended by someone in another thread), an SKS, and who knows what else I will find.

PATH
January 16, 2003, 07:06 PM
My paperwork was lost at the World Trade Center. I had to chase around for weeks to get mine. Once you have it you will be very happy with it!

Carlos
January 16, 2003, 07:37 PM
Yes a $129 Yugo SKS would be a great car/truck gun.

Let's see, I've purchased 3 M44's, 1 FR8, Yugo SKS, a couple of Makarovs, a .45 Ballester Molina and others.

I would like to hunt with the M44 and the FR8 next year.

Don't waste your money on any Albanian SKS. They really really suck.

The Future: Every flavor of Mosin Nagant.

thisaway
January 16, 2003, 07:42 PM
I sent mine off the day after Christmas. I downloaded the PDF version from www.cruffler.com/ and then went to the BATF website later, which stated I needed to download it onto legal -sized paper instead of notebook size. Dammit.

Plus, I saw on the BATF site that I had to send in a "Certificate of Compliance" form that wasn't even mentioned on cruffler.com! Had to send it in the following week. Double dammit.

And to top it all off, the Hamilton Co. (where I reside) Sherriff's Office required me to come in person and show a clerk my Driver's License and pay $10 so my local records could be released to the BATF! (Apparently, some local records are not stored on NCIC. ***?) Triple dammit!

Hopefully, I'll still get the thing anyway. What a PITA. :(

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R Application sent!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!