Stimulus 10 mil doled out to stop mexican gunrunners

PDA

rocinante
February 14, 2009, 10:32 AM
Anyone hear about that line item or have an opinion how they accomplish such? I haven't heard anything at all in the porker about improving border security so I assume it will be spent browbeating gun dealers mostly.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stimulus 10 mil doled out to stop mexican gunrunners" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MADDOG
February 14, 2009, 05:53 PM
How does anyone know what is in the package. They write and rewrite it and then vote to pass it. Would you vote "yes" on something you haven't read? Keep this in mind on the next election.

Jorg Nysgerrig
February 14, 2009, 06:07 PM
The ATF has had "Operation Gunrunner" going for a couple of years now. This isn't anything new, it just got some additional funding in the bill.

fingerbanger
February 14, 2009, 06:09 PM
I will state up front that I don't know this to be true. That said, I heard Ann Coulter mention that in this stimulus package, was something that re-defines highways as national parks. Thus making them subject to the same anti gun laws as parks. Has anyone got any real info on this, or am I falling victim to the rhetoric?

Boba Fett
February 14, 2009, 06:17 PM
*edit* Deleted political ranting. Not really THR class material. Apologies to the admins and moderators *edit*

I would be surprised if one penny of the porkulus package actually did anything for boarder security.

With the impending collapse of Mexico, we seriously don't have enough official protection. Thank God the people of Texas are well armed enough to form their own army/militia because I think we're going to need one.

Which reminds me, I think I'll go to the gun show tomorrow...may need to stock up on a few things :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Stimulus 10 mil doled out to stop mexican gunrunners" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!