Ruger mark iii 22 trigger

PDA

Gary Brintzenhofe
February 14, 2009, 05:48 PM
I have alot of free travel and a hard pull. Did anyone work on the sear? Are put in a accurizing kit in ? Was it worth the money?

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger mark iii 22 trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Master Blaster
February 14, 2009, 08:01 PM
Volquartsenn makes triggers and hammers for the ruger MKIII they are worth it, but you could just shoot it a couple bricks and the trigger will improve.

doglb
February 14, 2009, 09:31 PM
how hard of a pull do you have on your trigger? I added a VQ extractor on my mark 3, but thats it! My trigger has been decent, cant say its been the best but better than most!

pmbiker
February 15, 2009, 12:40 AM
For a light trigger, all you need is the VQ sear. Still a little free travel before take-up but a light and crisp break. Add an adjustable trigger to work all the pre and over travel out with the set screws.

I don't mind the take up before the trigger breaks but I could do without the slight overtravel. The sear alone was well worth the money but I'll add a trigger when I put a Brownells order together.

BlkHawk73
February 15, 2009, 09:49 AM
Hey wow didn't know Ruger had a MKIII revovler? ;)

madcratebuilder
February 15, 2009, 09:58 AM
Hey wow didn't know Ruger had a MKIII revovler

Very rare, only a few released to the general market.

http://guntalk-online.com/forum/index.php
This site is the best resource for Ruger Mk pistol info. If you want a really nice trigger on a MK III, use a MK II hammer kit from VQ, it eliminates the mag disconnect.

BlkHawk73
February 15, 2009, 12:03 PM
Very rare, only a few released to the general market.

Would love to see a pic of a Ruger MKIII revolver. ;)

greyling22
February 15, 2009, 01:21 PM
volquartsen sears and hammers are in their bargain bin https://www.volquartsen.com/category/24-bargain-bin/1-generic

I fixed the pretravel on mine by glueing a small piece of zip tie to the face of the trigger where it contacts the frame up in the receiver. and the sear is not that difficult to modify. but for 15 and 12 dollars respectivly, I think I would buy the VQ parts.

far and ways the worst part it taking the gun apart and reassembling it. allow a couple hours to sucessfully drop in 2 parts if you are unfamiliar with the gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger mark iii 22 trigger" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!