Tactical Innovations Ruger 10/22 Threaded Barrel

PDA

R3dundantC
February 14, 2009, 05:33 PM
I'm wanting to supress my 10/22 and came across a Tactical Innovations Ruger 10/22 Threaded Barrel. I've never swapped barrels on a rifle before, is it hard?
Anyone have one on their 10/22?
Or would I be better off finding a muzzel adapter?
Your thoughts are appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tactical Innovations Ruger 10/22 Threaded Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LJH
February 14, 2009, 06:10 PM
Barrel swap on the 10/22 is easy. Remove the action and two bolts at the base of the barrel. Insert new barrel and install bolts and screws.

I have not used the TI barrels but I imagine that they would be just fine.

MatthewVanitas
February 14, 2009, 06:39 PM
While you're looking at TacSol barrels, take a look at their SBX barrel. It's a clever way to get your barrel + suppressor as short as possible without becoming an SBR. The last 8" or so of the barrel is a hollow, permanently-affixed shroud, so when you screw a suppressor into the barrel, you're adding almost not overall length to the actual gun. Pretty slick.

http://www.gunkings.com/images/sbx.ht11.jpeg

snorko
February 14, 2009, 06:55 PM
I recently installed an SBX on a Ruger. Yes it is easy but you will likely have to do some very fine buffing with emory cloth to fit the new barrel.

crushbup
February 14, 2009, 10:33 PM
Whatever you do, get a properly threaded barrel. By no means should you get a muzzle adapter, as there is no guarantee that it will line up properly with the bore, and it could end up destroying your suppressor. Try among Tactical Solutions, Hi-Desert Dog, and Tactical Innovations. Also, if you'd prefer to have your factory barrel threaded, send it off to Tornado Tech.

taliv
February 14, 2009, 10:40 PM
check out the volquartsen barrels before you buy. they have a very nice one twisted optimally for the 60g aguila SSS

MatthewVanitas
February 14, 2009, 10:41 PM
I recently installed an SBX on a Ruger. Yes it is easy but you will likely have to do some very fine buffing with emory cloth to fit the new barrel.

Out of curiosity, how does it handle/shoot without the can? Is it a bit muzzle-light then?

Any neat side-effects from the short rifled segment, like easier to get rounds to stay sub-sonic?

If you enjoyed reading about "Tactical Innovations Ruger 10/22 Threaded Barrel" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!