Tungsten guide rod

PDA

Ghostrider_23
February 14, 2009, 07:46 PM
Hello everyone,

Please before someone types in use/try the search bar, I have with no luck.

I have a G23 and have been thinking about purchasing a Tungsten guide rod.

My question is, does it really make a difference with the recoil AKA (muzzel flip)??????????

Does anyone have one in there Glocks and do you notice the difference???????

If you enjoyed reading about "Tungsten guide rod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Quack
February 14, 2009, 08:11 PM
i have one on my G24. seems to help, but i also have a weighted magwell.

Jason_G
February 14, 2009, 11:31 PM
I don't know how much it helps for recoil, but I have seen folks whose guns won't cycle properly with the tungsten guide rods in. They switch back to the plastic one, and everything's fine. I'm sure they are more the exception than the rule, but I thought I'd give you a heads up to at least check it out before buying one.

Jason

Beagle-zebub
February 15, 2009, 12:55 AM
Hell, just figure out some way to clamp a wheel-weight onto the front rail! Joking aside, though, a tungsten guide-rod sounds like an awfully expensive way to weight something down.

possum
February 15, 2009, 01:07 AM
generally the best thing to do with a glock is change the sights and leave the rest alone, they seem to work best stock.

the biggest benifit that i could see from it is being able to change the weights of the recoil springs depending on what you are shooting, and the application. ie defense loads hot and fast, or slow moving reloads. etc.

i have a 23 and other than a set of xs night sights it is and will stay stock.

Jupiter
February 15, 2009, 04:42 PM
Tungsten guide rods are notorious for breaking Ghostrider_23.

Save them for range use only.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tungsten guide rod" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!