Soft primer strikes w/ G27?

PDA

AKElroy
February 14, 2009, 10:45 PM
Anyone experience soft primer strikes with Glocks? My g27 has 1 or 2 FTF out of every 100 rounds. I have only experienced this with Wolf; these soft dimpled rounds fired fine when run through my XDm. Striker channel is clean--no oil or grease. The g27 is my CCW; I load it with 155 gr Gold Dots & they function fine, but I have not run 3k worth of GD's through it. (I have with the Wolf) Can I rely on this gun with the Gold Dots?

If you enjoyed reading about "Soft primer strikes w/ G27?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
possum
February 15, 2009, 01:19 AM
welcome to thr, it might be time to change your striker spring.

after 8k rds in my xd i started getting light primer strikes and changed out the striker spring which i should have been doing at 3000rds like i do the recoil spring and that solved the issue.ammo wasn't at fault.

if that dosen't fix your issue then i would say that it might be the wolf, but with that said i have never had an issue with wolf handgun ammo and light primer strikes or with thier pistol primers that i use for reloading.

If you enjoyed reading about "Soft primer strikes w/ G27?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!